Author Topic: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo  (Read 55229 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2014, 02:24:17 am »
You find MY position offensive, Fred? Me, who desires peace, who thinks that all the idiots should just duke it out and let the reasonable folks actually have civil discourse?

Huh.  Interesting stance you take.  I'll keep that in mind.

Oh, you actually care about the conflict? That's a surprise. What would be the "trainwreck" then?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2014, 02:57:28 am »
You find MY position offensive, Fred? Me, who desires peace, who thinks that all the idiots should just duke it out and let the reasonable folks actually have civil discourse?

Oh, you actually care about the conflict? That's a surprise. What would be the "trainwreck" then?

Wait, do you think he's talking about the Israel/Gaza conflict? I'm pretty sure the trainwreck he's talking about is the fight going on in this thread, between you, Magus, and UP.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2014, 03:19:32 am »

Wait, do you think he's talking about the Israel/Gaza conflict? I'm pretty sure the trainwreck he's talking about is the fight going on in this thread, between you, Magus, and UP.

Is it a trainwreck because we disagree with him, or is it a trainwreck because we care at all? It's either that he's Jesus or the conflict doesn't matter, as far as I can see.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2014, 04:50:43 am »
...What the fuck?

Why are those the only two options?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2014, 04:58:07 am »
We keep hearing about all these things Hamas "would do, if they had the chance". Considering that Israel does all of these things right now, the evidence is pretty clear that Israel is at least as bad, if not worse, than Hamas. Especially since I don't think anyone, not even the most rabidly anti-Israeli people, plan on giving Hamas the chance to do all these things.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2014, 11:45:52 am »

Is it a trainwreck because we disagree with him, or is it a trainwreck because we care at all? It's either that he's Jesus or the conflict doesn't matter, as far as I can see.

Nooooo no no no, the trainwreck is the fight going on between you, Magus and UP.  I'm just sitting here enjoying the carnage.  My opinion on the conflict amounts to my above "lock all the idiots that want to fight in a room, kill each other, then kill whoever's left, so the rest of the world can move the fuck on" post.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2014, 01:39:47 pm »
It IS rather a trainwreck if you could see the whole fight, Ibby.  It's impressive.

I have a lot more respect for Ultimate Paragon's position than yours. At least he gives a shit, or doesn't have active contempt for people who care about others. Seriously, this is highly offensive of you.

Me and Mr. Glocky (Who is now located in Ironchew's intestinal tract) agree.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2014, 07:36:51 am »
Just as a point to the ethnic cleansing comment. Ethnic cleansing does not simply mean to kill off a particular ethnic group, it can also refer to forcing a particular ethnic group out of one area, traditionally which has been the home to that ethnic group.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2014, 07:44:38 am »
Just as a point to the ethnic cleansing comment. Ethnic cleansing does not simply mean to kill off a particular ethnic group, it can also refer to forcing a particular ethnic group out of one area, traditionally which has been the home to that ethnic group.

Israel is mini-Bosnia.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:08 pm »
I present to you, the rubble bucket challenge, because this is what it takes to make people give a shit these days...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zqnxme3GSc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zqnxme3GSc</a>

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:48 am »
Now shit like this is why people think that Israel is being the asshole. The bodies aren't even cold yet and the fuckers go out of their way to deliberately antagonize and collectively punish the Palestinians:

The decision to seize the land is reported to have been made shortly after the event that sparked the conflict, the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers.

The settlements council in Gevaot said: "It paves the way for the new city of Gevaot.

"The goal of the murderers of those three youths was to sow fear among us, to disrupt our daily lives and to call into doubt our right to the land. Our response is to strengthen settlement."

Roughly translated: "we can do whatever we want and you are powerless to stop us so shut up and go sit in your corner the corner we let you use for now or next time the beating will be much worse."

Fuck you Israel. Your nation has the morality of an abusive parent/spouse and you are well deserving of all the hate and comparisons to Hitler you get.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2014, 11:27:57 am »
I agree, the Israeli government's going too far, and their response is all wrong.  But comparing them to Hitler?  Sorry, but until Palestinians are being forced into death camps, I'm going to have to call that a monstrous exaggeration.

Besides, here's what Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has to say about Hamas:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/mahmoud-abbas-abduction-israeli-teens_n_5498007.html

http://news.yahoo.com/palestinian-leader-hamas-caused-prolonged-war-142407698.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:30:54 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2014, 11:57:40 am »
How far does UP have his head up his ass about Israel? Just how atrocious do their war crimes have to be to finally force him to condemn them unconditionally? We may never know.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:08 pm »
Why do I get the distinct impression that if things became openly genocidal you would still decry it as a 'monstrous exaggeration' since Israel could only kill at most 2.5 million to Hitlers 6 million, and besides, the Palestinians have the gall to actually fight so it would be self defense.  ::)

Hitler used racism/nationalism, the victimization of the German people under the treaty of Versailles, and the 'historically backed' manifest destiny of the Aryan race to subjugate and eventually try to eliminate the Jews.

Israel is using racism/nationalism, the victimization of the Jewish people under Hitler, and the 'historically backed' manifest destiny of God's chosen people to subjugate the Palestinians.

They're already at the point of denying them basic rights, jamming them into ghettos that lack proper servicing, walling them in, and collectively punishing them... which sounds a lot like Warsaw circa 1941. The only thing Israel hasn't done yet is start a wholesale extermination program.

The comparisons are more than valid. You just need to set aside you preconceived notions about who the good guys and bad guys are and look.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2014, 12:44:20 pm »
Why do I get the distinct impression that if things became openly genocidal you would still decry it as a 'monstrous exaggeration' since Israel could only kill at most 2.5 million to Hitlers 6 million, and besides, the Palestinians have the gall to actually fight so it would be self defense.  ::)

Hitler used racism/nationalism, the victimization of the German people under the treaty of Versailles, and the 'historically backed' manifest destiny of the Aryan race to subjugate and eventually try to eliminate the Jews.

Israel is using racism/nationalism, the victimization of the Jewish people under Hitler, and the 'historically backed' manifest destiny of God's chosen people to subjugate the Palestinians.

They're already at the point of denying them basic rights, jamming them into ghettos that lack proper servicing, walling them in, and collectively punishing them... which sounds a lot like Warsaw circa 1941. The only thing Israel hasn't done yet is start a wholesale extermination program.

The comparisons are more than valid. You just need to set aside you preconceived notions about who the good guys and bad guys are and look.
1.  Plenty of other Middle Eastern nations mistreat the Palestinians.  Why aren't you holding them to the same standards?

2.  Funny, I don't remember the Jews ever committing terrorist attacks against Germany, calling for the destruction of the German state, or threatening to wipe out the German people.

3.  Between 1948 and 2001, somewhere from 800,000 to 1,000,000 Jews left the various Arab and Islamic countries and moved to Israel, which is more than the number of Arabs who left Israel during that same time period.  Why aren't you accusing them of "ethnic cleansing"?