Author Topic: Women Without Make-Up... Gasp!  (Read 5872 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: Women Without Make-Up... Gasp!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 12:27:29 am »
This is what happens when I post and leave for the day. Link fixed.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 05:29:14 am »

Are they admitting that conservative politics is essentialy about the superficial?

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 09:08:16 am »
I think part of the problem is that society in general is easily distracted, and in constant need of some new source of entertainment. Policy issues are boring, people don't want to know that some measure is trying to go through the house and will probably be blocked by such and such. It requires too much of that evil thinking thing. On the other hand meaningless articles about makeup and who you would drink beer with and who is sleeping with who gives people that instant gratification and entertainment they desire. We are a shallow society, becoming more and more shallow with each decade.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17:36 am »
^^ Let's be fair. There are just as many women out there who are perpetuating this kind of shallow, sexist crap. It's a societal flaw, not just an issue caused by men.

As for the article:

I can't count the number of times I've been engaged with a debate with someone online, only to have them say something to the effect of, "I bet you're fat/ugly!" when they find out that I'm female. It really does seem to be a perceived trump card for debating against women.

Then we have images like this:

(Funny how all of the conservative shots are publicity stills, with professionally applied makeup, air-brushing, etc., while the liberal ones are candid shots of women making awkward faces -- but that's beside the point.)

I like how they purposefully found the worst pictures they could of the liberal side.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 12:01:48 pm »
Who gives a shit whether or not Clinton wore makeup. It's just republicans trying to make a shitstorm over nothing. Also when did Ann Coulter become the standard for beauty??

Distind

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 12:39:46 pm »
Who gives a shit whether or not Clinton wore makeup. It's just republicans trying to make a shitstorm over nothing. Also when did Ann Coulter become the standard for beauty??
To be honest out of that list the only one I'd give them is Bo Derek, and I think that picture may well be 20 years old at this point.

Coulter as good looking is something I've never been able to process, but I've heard the claim repeated.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

Apperantly a woman isn't worth anything unless she spends all morning in front of her mirror putting on ungodly amounts of makeup.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:40:47 pm »
I'm with the original article. Who gives a fuck if Hillary isn't wearing make up. As long as her policy is good, anyway I've always been a big Hillary Clinton fan.

But then again I have to say I think all those conservative women are attractive. However I wouldn't want them running the country. Nor would I want to have dinner with them unless they were sucking my dick under the table. I would however have dinner with the Democrat women, (apart from Andrea Dworkins - because she and her writing scare the piss out of me).

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 07:59:29 pm »
This is the look that's causing the drama:

Stop the presses! How dare she leave the house looking clean and professional!?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:42 pm »
Her dimples fascinate me.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23:24 pm »
I find them charming.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »
I've always found that people will pettily cling on to stuff like this when it comes to politics.  A very good example of this is when Obama got that burger a few years back and some of Fox's correspondents were chastising him over his choice of condiments.  I still remember one of them saying something along the lines of "A real man doesn't get honey mustard on a burger."
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 08:40:36 pm »
I've always found that people will pettily cling on to stuff like this when it comes to politics.  A very good example of this is when Obama got that burger a few years back and some of Fox's correspondents were chastising him over his choice of condiments.  I still remember one of them saying something along the lines of "A real man doesn't get honey mustard on a burger."

Cracked mentioned this kind of thing in a recent article (in fact, they referenced the Obama hamburger drama): http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-to-spot-b.s.-political-story-in-under-10-seconds/

A variation of this is the stories of embarrassing yet totally inconsequential "scandals" about a candidate that involve nothing illegal or improper, but supposedly define the candidate as a person.

Hey, did you know that Barack Obama is an out-of-touch elitist because he puts fancy Dijon mustard on his hamburgers? Did you know that Mitt Romney is an insane sociopath because he once made his pet dog ride on top of his car 26 years ago? Did you know John Kerry can't relate to the average person because he puts Swiss cheese on his Philly cheese steaks? Did you know that George W. Bush hates foreigners so much that he wiped his hand after shaking hands with a Haitian? Did you know that all of this is petty schoolyard bullshit that wastes valuable time and energy that you'll never get back?

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)