Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673200 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2640 on: May 09, 2013, 09:54:09 pm »

This is horribly ethnicist. On the upside, at least Obama isn't depicted the same way as "Black Stereotype Guy". In facts, he's the stern, responsible, "voice-of-reason" demanding that the other guy be a responsible father. Not sure about "anti-Obama" but it's certainly "anti-black-Joe Q. American". Still stupid, though.

So, all this guy does is photoshop existing cartoons? What a lazy piece of shit!

To make matters worse, he's shopping a PROGRESSIVE cartoonist's cartoon & not bother to blot out said cartoonist's name.
Therefore, we have a lazy plagiarist who messes with a Progressive cartoonist's stuff while making it look like the Progressive cartoonist made it, thereby smearing him.

I'm not sure that this is racist, I haven't made up my mind. Explain why you think it's racist.

Please tell me that's sarcasm. I don't want to see another flame-fest.

Oh, it's not sarcasm, it's Lt. Fred.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO FRED, GUYS! DON'T LET HIM DERAIL THIS THREAD! DON'T DO IT! DON'T GET TROLLED!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:02:37 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2641 on: May 10, 2013, 12:52:44 am »
It's a common insult towards blacks from other blacks.  The connotation is that Obama is letting himself be controlled by rich white guys.  "White Man's Burden" is being used sarcastically here, saying that the wars were white men's wars, and that he's continuing them for his white masters.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2642 on: May 10, 2013, 02:33:40 am »
I'm not sure that this is racist, I haven't made up my mind. Explain why you think it's racist.

One of the racial stereotypes of black people (from the 50s or 60s and such) is that the job that they commonly get is shining the shoes of richer white men.

Not to mention the whole "black man being given a white man's burden" is blatantly racist.

I'm not sure what you saw that wasn't racist, actually.

There's also how Obama was speaking. "Oh mas'r Sam, this does me good ye can't tell"?

Highly fucking racist. In the same vein as to why it was racist for Obama to be called 'boy' during the election race.

See, I understand why that is racist. Calling a black man "boy" has all sorts of implications for the rights they should be allowed and the dignity they are entitled to and so on.

It isn't racist to use a caricatured stereotype. That's pretty much all cartooning. If you have an Engishman, he's drinking tea or he has a big hat. If you have an Australian, he's wearing the stupid cork-hat thing. That's not racist. It's racist when you're creating a stereotype that has some implication for how those people should be treated. Black people are obsessed with watermelon because they totally can't control their urges.

That's what calling a black man "boy" does. The cartoon in question- I don't think it's doing that. Sure, it's saying that Obama is basically no different to a white president, serving the interests of the powerful (who are all white) to the detriment of his own ethnic group. Like some slaves on a plantation used to. You might say that's wrong, but I don't see how it's racist.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #2643 on: May 10, 2013, 03:26:40 am »
It's a common insult towards blacks from other blacks.  The connotation is that Obama is letting himself be controlled by rich white guys.  "White Man's Burden" is being used sarcastically here, saying that the wars were white men's wars, and that he's continuing them for his white masters.

Calling Obama an Uncle Tom, of course, is race-baiting. Is it racist? Perhaps not by itself, but as commentary goes it is certainly unhelpful, uninsightful, and really rather annoying.

What I find exceptionally irritating, though, is the signature: "Latuff 2010 + Black Commentator". I mean, come on.
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2644 on: May 10, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #2645 on: May 10, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »
Ok that's just gross.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2646 on: May 10, 2013, 12:27:39 pm »

One of the racial stereotypes of black people (from the 50s or 60s and such) is that the job that they commonly get is shining the shoes of richer white men.

Not to mention the whole "black man being given a white man's burden" is blatantly racist.

There's also how Obama was speaking. "Oh mas'r Sam, this does me good ye can't tell"?

Highly fucking racist. In the same vein as to why it was racist for Obama to be called 'boy' during the election race.

See, I understand why that is racist. Calling a black man "boy" has all sorts of implications for the rights they should be allowed and the dignity they are entitled to and so on.

It isn't racist to use a caricatured stereotype. That's pretty much all cartooning. If you have an Engishman, he's drinking tea or he has a big hat. If you have an Australian, he's wearing the stupid cork-hat thing. That's not racist. It's racist when you're creating a stereotype that has some implication for how those people should be treated. Black people are obsessed with watermelon because they totally can't control their urges.

That's what calling a black man "boy" does. The cartoon in question- I don't think it's doing that. Sure, it's saying that Obama is basically no different to a white president, serving the interests of the powerful (who are all white) to the detriment of his own ethnic group. Like some slaves on a plantation used to. You might say that's wrong, but I don't see how it's racist.

You didn't read my whole post thus I see no reason to have to repeat myself.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2647 on: May 10, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »

"A Wyatt Mann" has one sicko imagination!

The "Atomic Flame-Throwing Vagina" Jewish Guy was goofy & amusing (and coined a neat FSTDTs catch-phrase). The Snidely-Whiplash Jewish Guy is annoying. Man-Baby Teen-Pooper Kaiju Monster Jewish Guy, however, is plain DISGUSTING!

All are insulting in their own way but the last one takes the cake.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2648 on: May 10, 2013, 02:50:30 pm »

He's being deliberately ignorant.  Ignore please.

Ironbite-to be this ignorant in this day and age must really take some balls.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2649 on: May 10, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Spoilered for NSFW imagery.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:55:27 pm by Dynamic Dragon »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2650 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:49 pm »
Leaving aside the unbelievable racism, shouldn't that be spoilered for the NSFW imagery?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2651 on: May 10, 2013, 03:55:36 pm »
Leaving aside the unbelievable racism, shouldn't that be spoilered for the NSFW imagery?
It is now.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2652 on: May 10, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »

It's establishing the Obama-serving-white-interests-just-like-Uncle-Toms-on-the-plantation metaphor. Is that metaphor racist, and why?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2653 on: May 10, 2013, 05:21:41 pm »
No keep playing this game Fred.  It amuses us to have you make everyone assume you're a total idiot.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2654 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:37 pm »

It's establishing the Obama-serving-white-interests-just-like-Uncle-Toms-on-the-plantation metaphor. Is that metaphor racist, and why?

I don't even...

Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.