Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671799 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5895 on: September 21, 2015, 01:25:38 pm »
That proves that insane racism trumps tax policy.
That being said, I really hate the Sanders-Trump comparisons, mainly because one is labeled insane for actually bringing issues to the forefront(Sanders), while the other's campaign is the political equivalent of a child throwing a temper tantrum(Trump).

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5896 on: September 21, 2015, 03:19:47 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3Vo-XvFoI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3Vo-XvFoI</a>
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5897 on: September 21, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

Keep dreaming, buddy.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5898 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »
Okay, I actually find this new line by the white supremacists offensive. I've known of the Solutrean Hypothesis (or something like it) for years, and it's quite fascinating. To see it twisted into a "white people should rule everything" excuse is quite upsetting.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5899 on: September 21, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »
That's the annoying thing about white supremacist they will twist anything and I mean anything to fit their agenda, they did it to my beloved field of biology, they did it to psychology and a bunch of other fields of study they're annoyed that science won't support their sick twisted narrow-minded views so they try to warp them into a bastardized form.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5900 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »

Keep dreaming, buddy.

I mean, it's not even controversial that Native Americans came here from Asia. The only difference the Solutrean hypothesis would make would be showing there were earlier European settlers, but the current let's-call-them-White people in America are not descended from them. Any hypothetical Solutrean descendents would not look European, what with having spent 20,000 years in reproductive isolation; indeed, if they had survived, I expect the 15th century Europeans rediscovering them would have thought of them as a different race. Much like, say, they didn't think Native Americans and Asians were the same race.

Of course this underlies the stupidity of treating people as though "where they are from originally" is a meaningful question. We're all from the same goddamn place if you look back far enough.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5901 on: September 21, 2015, 08:25:23 pm »
And even if the Solutrean hypothesis is true, there a numerous explanations other than genocide.  Maybe it was some kind of cataclysm or disease.  Maybe they couldn't adapt to certain changes.  Maybe they evolved or got absorbed by another culture.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5902 on: September 21, 2015, 10:29:21 pm »
And even if the Solutrean hypothesis is true, there a numerous explanations other than genocide.  Maybe it was some kind of cataclysm or disease.  Maybe they couldn't adapt to certain changes.  Maybe they evolved or got absorbed by another culture.
You forgot that willfully having children with another race is also genocide.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5903 on: September 22, 2015, 12:40:19 am »

Keep dreaming, buddy.

I mean, it's not even controversial that Native Americans came here from Asia. The only difference the Solutrean hypothesis would make would be showing there were earlier European settlers, but the current let's-call-them-White people in America are not descended from them. Any hypothetical Solutrean descendents would not look European, what with having spent 20,000 years in reproductive isolation; indeed, if they had survived, I expect the 15th century Europeans rediscovering them would have thought of them as a different race. Much like, say, they didn't think Native Americans and Asians were the same race.

Of course this underlies the stupidity of treating people as though "where they are from originally" is a meaningful question. We're all from the same goddamn place if you look back far enough.

Eeyup!

We're all Africans! 8)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5904 on: September 22, 2015, 12:49:52 am »
The proper response to the white man in that cartoon:

"Go back to Ireland!"
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5905 on: September 22, 2015, 01:05:54 am »

"Go back to Ireland!"
What? Are you assuming that just because they are a ginger they are Irish? THAT'S RACIST!

...Besides, it's more likely that they have Scottish blood and that kind of ignorant and hateful behavior is typical of the barbaric Scots.

/hypocrite
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5906 on: September 22, 2015, 01:11:29 am »

"Go back to Ireland!"
What? Are you assuming that just because they are a ginger they are Irish? THAT'S RACIST!

...Besides, it's more likely that they have Scottish blood and that kind of ignorant and hateful behavior is typical of the barbaric Scots.

/hypocrite

Hey, don't get me wrong, I have Scottish blood. A lot of it. A lot of German blood too. I just figure "red hair = Irish blood somewhere".
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5907 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:00 am »
Actually Scots are more likely to have red hair than the Irish. ...Because even though "The Irish are Ginger" is a common stereotype, once again stereotypes are wrong.

Anyway, I was mainly just trying to do a bad joke.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5908 on: September 22, 2015, 10:18:11 am »
The Solutrean Theory was based on marked similarities in form and knapping technique in very old spear heads found in New England and Virginia. Geneticists could not, however, find a meaningful connection between haploid groups in modern Native Americans and Anatolians (descendants of Solutreans).

If a small band or even a long term, gradual migration of Solutreans had walked and kayak-ed across the last Ice Age's pack ice via Iceland and Greenland to North America, then a small remnant of the genes should have shown up in the gene pool here. The theory was intriguing, but it turned out that the spear head similarities were a good example of "form follows function".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5909 on: September 22, 2015, 01:14:24 pm »
What's insidious is that these theories come up in the first place to shield bigots from reality more. Junk like the Soltreian Theory, Christian Identity or whatnot make it hard to disprove a bigot on the spot.

BIGOT: I hate niggers!
SANE GUY: We're all descended from Africans!
BIGOT: If 'Out of Africa' is true, it means whites are more evolved and therefore, better! OR That's a lie from the Jewish-Muslim-Zionist-Atheist-Feminist-Satanist-Reptilian Space Weirdo-Romulan-Xenomorph-Uruk Hai-Pastafarian-etc.-Conspiracy!

BIGOT: America belongs to Whites!
SANE GUY: But the Indigeous Peoples were here for 12,000-20,000 years while Whites are Europeans who were only here for a few hundred years and stole the former groups land!
BIGOT: *Soltrean Theory Wargarrbl*!

BIGOT: I'm Christian and I hate Jews and everybody who isn't a White Gentile.
SANE GUY: Uh, you're following a Mid-Eastern religious tradition and worship a Big Jew In The Sky!
BIGOT: *Christian Identity Wargarrbbl*!

Darn bigots and their darn "Goalpost Movement Theories"!