Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 750038 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2070 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »
You can get a good leaf blower at a yard sale or second hand store for nada. A new one powerful enough for this would set you back about 35-40 bucks if it's not on sale. A janitor size dust pan is five bucks, maybe ten if not on sale. Then, several good tight winds of duct tape to attach it to the blower's tube end. It works just as well as a small snow blower for one tenth the price.

Yeah, to be honest, I haven't seen leaf blowers at ANY of the thrift stores around here... and it's the wrong season for garage sales, currently.  Though to be honest, I haven't seen leaf blowers being sold at garage sales, either.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anybody around here actually USE leafblowers.  They seem to either rake leaves, or mow leaves.

Also, why did you bold leaf blower?  I mentioned snow blowers on the side :/
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

wrightway

« Reply #2071 on: January 30, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »
Why do people always say "We knew" when someone comes out of the closet?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2072 on: January 30, 2014, 03:31:26 pm »
Gaydar?  *Shrugs*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2073 on: January 30, 2014, 03:41:37 pm »
Because sometimes it's that obvious?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2074 on: January 31, 2014, 12:24:25 am »
But some people are doing the "*exasperated sigh* We knew" we knew, like he's somehow being a bore by mentioning what they were so sure of for years.

Yeah, that's pretty douchey. Coming out is a huge step for people, and involves a lot more than merely informing others that one is LGBT. It signals an acceptance of ones own sexuality, the readiness to openly date people and face the potential backlash from bigots that comes with the territory, etc., all of which should be met with support and genuine happiness for the person. It's mind-boggling that anyone could possibly think it's okay to downplaying the significance of coming out with "lol old news" comments.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2075 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:10 am »
I dont know. When i came out it was met with indifference "ok...so...what?" It was weird, i expected more. But eh, didnt bother me that much
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2076 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »
Assrandom rant-slash-poetry-slam-type thing, inspired by the discussions going on in other threads (Best of SJ and TPSOTI):

Why do we need to retire the Hollywood standard of beauty? After all, it sells sex and makeup and fancy cars and dysfunctional underwear and so many other things a woman needs to be beautiful.

Why do we need to retire the Hollywood standard of beauty? After all, it trains little girls to be quiet pretty objects and little boys to possess and use them.

Why do we need to retire the Hollywood standard of beauty? After all, it keeps the same audiences paying the same twelve dollars for the same pretty faces to play the same cardboard characters in the same exact goddamn cardboard scripts.

Why do we need to retire the Hollywood standard of what it is to be beautiful? Well...
Because the people we see on the screen will never be the people we see throughout our lives, unless that've been cut and pasted and edited to for your screen. Because people who are not cookie cutter cuties will search for people strong characters like them to lean on in hard times, and find only niche markets and cruel jokes. Because people like the one standing before you are treated at best like walking punch lines and at worst like dangerous beasts, simply because we are living proof the the dichotomy of male and female is like all dichotomies in its inaccuracies. Because little girls with blue overalls and little boys with pink ones deserve to see people like them living and loving and struggling in ways that have nothing to do with begging strangers for the right to exist. Because we are not children asking Daddy for the same story eleven nights in a row.
-UNFINISHED-
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2077 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:44 am »
http://rollingout.com/culture/atlanta-snow-fake-latest-conspiracy-theory-cites-plastic-snow/

Well at least debunking that conspiracy story is extremely easy.

...Which makes it so odd that the theory has so many supporters in USA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2078 on: February 01, 2014, 03:14:17 am »
http://rollingout.com/culture/atlanta-snow-fake-latest-conspiracy-theory-cites-plastic-snow/

Well at least debunking that conspiracy story is extremely easy.

...Which makes it so odd that the theory has so many supporters in USA.

It's easier for paranoid freaks to simply accept everything they read without going out and testing it.

Not to mention that any conspiracy theory can be kept going indefinitely without ever being disproved. Someone demonstrates that even ice cubes will turn black when burned due to soot? They're in on it! Test it yourself and find that they were right? They put chemicals in my ice! Or they replaced my ice with their fake poison to trick me!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2079 on: February 01, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »
Not to mention that plastic burns a little uglier than turning a bit black...

...on account of it being an oil product and all.

Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2080 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »
I'm assuming that all of these conspiracy theorists are people who haven't spent very much time in areas that get a lot of snow.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2081 on: February 01, 2014, 07:44:40 pm »
I'm on the American Girl site since I haven't been there in years and found a quiz called "Are you a stand-up friend?" One question was "A bully walks up to your lunch table and starts teasing your friend. You're most likely to..."

A. Cross your arms and give the bully a disapproving look.
B. Nervously glance over your shoulder, scanning the room for a teacher.
C. Look down at your sandwich until the bully leaves.

Those are all so passive. No "Tell the asshole to fuck off" choice or anything.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2082 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:54 pm »
Tumblr produces some of the most pretentious hipster usernames ever. Everyone I go, it's shit like "soarinmystarsdarling", "shesmilestohidethepain", "weareallbeautifulflowerchildren" etc.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2083 on: February 04, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »
Tumblr produces some of the most pretentious hipster usernames ever. Everyone I go, it's shit like "soarinmystarsdarling", "shesmilestohidethepain", "weareallbeautifulflowerchildren" etc.

My sister was quite upset that valiantpungentreindeerking.tumblr.com was quickly jumped on by someone and left empty just to claim the URL.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2084 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »
Weird thing. I had the urge to replay Knights of the Old Republic. While digging out my copy of it, I also happened across its sequel. Strangely enough, the original comes on a single DVD, as you'd expect for a copy manufactured in 2008, but the sequel, whose copy was also made at around the same time, for some strange reason is on four separate CDs. Really, who the fuck releases games on CDs of all things in 2008!? What next, Grand Theft Auto V on a couple of hundred thousand cassette tapes?