Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 750671 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2145 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:33 am »
I just farted and scared the cat, again.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2146 on: March 18, 2014, 07:45:53 am »
I misread "scared" as "screwed" and for a second my only thought was "Art, you've gone too far."
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2147 on: March 18, 2014, 07:55:45 am »
I misread "scared" as "screwed" and for a second my only thought was "Art, you've gone too far."
You can't just go screwing cats willy-nilly. You have to wrap them in duct tape first, otherwise they'll rip in half.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2148 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »
This morning, for some reason, I thought about Jehovah's Witnesses and how we haven't been visited by any in awhile. In a bizarre coincidence, OR PERHAPS DIVINE INTERVENTION, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came a-knockin' this afternoon.

I sure am glad that I have a decent brain in my head, otherwise I might be getting ready to go knock on some doors myself.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2149 on: March 20, 2014, 03:55:30 pm »
This morning, for some reason, I thought about Jehovah's Witnesses and how we haven't been visited by any in awhile. In a bizarre coincidence, OR PERHAPS DIVINE INTERVENTION, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came a-knockin' this afternoon.

I sure am glad that I have a decent brain in my head, otherwise I might be getting ready to go knock on some doors myself.

I heard of one incident where a group of Jehovah's Witnesses and a group of Mormon missionaries came to the same house at the same time. Apparently, they took to childishly insulting and arguing with each other while stopping every few minutes to ask the homeowner to hear them out.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2150 on: March 20, 2014, 09:20:46 pm »
I would have gone door to door with them, just to see how that played out.

"Hello, they're Mormons, they're Jehovah's Witnesses, and I'm an atheist.  Oh, you're Catholic?  Do you want to come, too?  The more the merrier!"
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Einherjar

• Neonate
« Reply #2151 on: March 20, 2014, 11:14:39 pm »
I would have gone door to door with them, just to see how that played out.

"Hello, they're Mormons, they're Jehovah's Witnesses, and I'm an atheist.  Oh, you're Catholic?  Do you want to come, too?  The more the merrier!"

For some reason, that made me think of Six Characters in Search of an Author. That's the type of comedy that's worth paying to see.
In brightest Day, in darkest Night, our foes shall not escape our sight.
Let those who worship Day's first Light beware the Eyes of Luna's Night.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2152 on: March 22, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »
A YouTube comment:

"what do u have to do to fly? I have beated blaine but my charizard cant fly it says this move cannot be used until next badge is unlocked Pls Help"

Why do people post this shit?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2153 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:47 pm »
I'm going to put pants on and set Doritos on fire.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2154 on: March 22, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

This is reason #2 why we on Midgard Earth need to invent the Bifrost from Thor. As The Dark World demonstrated, it's not just transportation; you can also use it to send those motherfuckers flying, if you just direct it from inside the house to the front doorstep.

A YouTube comment:

"what do u have to do to fly? I have beated blaine but my charizard cant fly it says this move cannot be used until next badge is unlocked Pls Help"

If it can be done, someone, somewhere, will do it, even if, and sometimes, especially if, for whatever reason, they really, really shouldn't. Further example: posting a sentence under twenty-five words that nonetheless crams in eight commas.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2155 on: March 22, 2014, 07:36:58 pm »

This is reason #2 why we on Midgard Earth need to invent the Bifrost from Thor. As The Dark World demonstrated, it's not just transportation; you can also use it to send those motherfuckers flying, if you just direct it from inside the house to the front doorstep.

A YouTube comment:

If it can be done, someone, somewhere, will do it, even if, and sometimes, especially if, for whatever reason, they really, really shouldn't. Further example: posting a sentence under twenty-five words that nonetheless crams in eight commas.

Suppose someone was doing a William Shatner impression?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2156 on: March 23, 2014, 05:39:33 am »
*Raises hand*  I was.

As I was reading it, anyway.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2157 on: March 24, 2014, 05:02:58 pm »
Technically, that's eight ellipses and no spaces between the words.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2158 on: March 25, 2014, 12:32:55 am »
Last time I saw John Barrowman, he was walking out of a convention with two bags of merchandise and a balloon flower around his head.

Nobody recognized him.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2159 on: March 25, 2014, 12:35:12 am »
Last time I saw John Barrowman, he was walking out of a convention with two bags of merchandise and a balloon flower around his head.

Nobody recognized him.
It's surprisingly easy for celebrities to go out in public incognito.