Author Topic: Gallup Polls shows continuing drop in Pro-Choice from last July  (Read 4918 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Gallup Polls shows continuing drop in Pro-Choice from last July
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 10:40:12 pm »
What's the latest word on the pro-gravity position?

It too has suffered a drop.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:15 pm »
What's the latest word on the pro-gravity position?

It too has suffered a drop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GE7QYc9HfM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GE7QYc9HfM</a>

Sorry, I had to.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:28 pm »
While I have noticed the anti-abortion crowd getting louder and seemingly bigger over the last ten years, I've also noticed Gallup over-samples Republicans and conservatives, so I don't really trust this result. I DON'T believe there's been a big drop in one year. I wonder if it's related to this (study finds only 9% of Americans answer polls):

http://www.people-press.org/2012/05/15/assessing-the-representativeness-of-public-opinion-surveys/

Interesting article.  I was wondering how much of this "change" is due to sampling bias.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 12:04:29 am »
"Certain circumstances" probably refers to rape.

Quite a lot of the "pro-life except X" crowd actually don't make exceptions for rape. They tend to make exceptions for the life of the mother or if the baby will definitely die anyway (anencephaly, for example).

I've never understood why rape isn't considered a good enough reason.

"Because it's not the baby's fault!"

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 02:39:44 am »
Last I checked the people who identify as "pro-choice" is dropping and the people who identify as "pro-life" is rising because they have become loaded words. The anti-abortion crowd have created an incorrect association between the label "Pro-choice" and baby killing.

However when the poll is worded to be should women be free to be allowed the choice to have an abortion versus that choice being taken away by making abortion illegal, the population in general is overwhelmingly supportive of the pro-choice position, in the tune of 70%

Basically everyone actually is for life and want life to be as good as possible for as many as possible. With this comes the belief that we should be free to make our own choices and not have them controlled by the government. Unfortunately the Pro-life movement has chosen to twist the words and create a false dichotomy in their favor.

Saturn500

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 08:45:22 am »
Last I checked the people who identify as "pro-choice" is dropping and the people who identify as "pro-life" is rising because they have become loaded words. The anti-abortion crowd have created an incorrect association between the label "Pro-choice" and baby killing.

However when the poll is worded to be should women be free to be allowed the choice to have an abortion versus that choice being taken away by making abortion illegal, the population in general is overwhelmingly supportive of the pro-choice position, in the tune of 70%

Basically everyone actually is for life and want life to be as good as possible for as many as possible. With this comes the belief that we should be free to make our own choices and not have them controlled by the government. Unfortunately the Pro-life movement has chosen to twist the words and create a false dichotomy in their favor.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Isa. 5:20

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it just shows how hypocritical these pricks are... of course, we already knew that.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 10:16:53 am »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »
I can't remember who said it, but someone made the very astute observation that these people aren't pro-life -- they're pro-birth.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)