Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072495 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4185 on: June 20, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure I argued myself into supporting license-less gun ownership on the way to work last night.

...How? O_o
I really don't know. I was thinking something along the lines of wanting to go to a range and try shooting one of the damn things, and that lead to realizing I'd be a little uncomfortable owning one, and having the gov't know that I owned a gun, and the specific details about it.
This job is providing an oddly high number of epiphanies and weird trains of thought.

You've never fired a gun before?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4186 on: June 20, 2013, 04:13:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure I argued myself into supporting license-less gun ownership on the way to work last night.

...How? O_o
I really don't know. I was thinking something along the lines of wanting to go to a range and try shooting one of the damn things, and that lead to realizing I'd be a little uncomfortable owning one, and having the gov't know that I owned a gun, and the specific details about it.
This job is providing an oddly high number of epiphanies and weird trains of thought.

You've never fired a gun before?
Not unless paintball counts.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4187 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:06 pm »
California, right?

Understandable. Politicians there tend to be downright terrified of guns and do everything they can to keep them from getting on the streets, all while doing absolutely nothing effective.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4188 on: June 20, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »
There was a group of racist fuckwits at Wendy's today, treating the black guy behind the counter like utter shit.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #4189 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »
California, right?

Understandable. Politicians there tend to be downright terrified of guns and do everything they can to keep them from getting on the streets, all while doing absolutely nothing effective.

California is sort of like the left-wing version of Texas.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4190 on: June 20, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »
There was a group of racist fuckwits at Wendy's today, treating the black guy behind the counter like utter shit.

Did you throw things at them?

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4191 on: June 20, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »
California, right?

Yes. Though I've been all over the country. Using a gun simply hasn't been something that's come up in my life for any reason.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4192 on: June 21, 2013, 05:04:02 am »

That happened at a McDonalds here.  My wife was in there getting our lunch while I waited in the car, when this old guy with a confederate hat walked in, ordered his food, then began spouting a bunch of racist crap (the restaurant is run mosty by black people). 

My wife got nervous really fast and did her best to assure the clerks that she had nothing to do with the guy.  Seriously, even if, on some way off chance, the employees lived up to their stereotype, you don't yell out that crap while they're preparing your food!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline maanantai

• Likes to Move It Move It
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4193 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »
Neighbours. And their taste in music. It sucks. Especially at 2:45 in the morning when you need to be at work in few hours and you'd really like to get couple more hours of sleep.

And no, company who rents does not give a damn (this is not the first time) and even though this really sucks, I'd rather not call cops as I'm sure they've got better things to do tonight. And I hate the people who answer the phone at 112 also. Well, maybe not hate, but last few times I've phoned them my respect towards them has decreased sharply.

Also hated and annoyed by facts of the moment: working through Midsummer, working while having flu, stupid customers and certain shade of red.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4194 on: June 21, 2013, 10:07:40 pm »

Did you throw things at them?

Unfortunately I didn't have anything that'd give them the pain they deserved.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #4195 on: June 23, 2013, 05:03:10 am »
So, in the midst of baby stuff:
One of my dogs tripped while running in the backyard and ripped a hole in her side requiring nine staples and a radiograph. It turns out nothing was broken/punctured, which they were worried about, but the bruising and swelling along the ribs is bad enough they thought she did. She's taking Tramadol and Clavamox. The next day, in a completely unrelated incident, my sister's miniature Dachshund went status epilepticus on us after being seizure-free for three years. He was in a continuous state of seizures from 7:45PM to 8:50PM (yep, the entire 40 minute drive to the emergency vet and several attempts at treatment before he finally responded) and had a couple more smaller seizures while under veterinary supervision. He is now on phenobarbital. So now I've got two dogs on kennel rest and medications who both need to be kept away from the other four dogs for ten days.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4196 on: June 23, 2013, 10:50:48 am »
Idiots with short ass attention spans when it comes to politics. Most of the idiots bitching about the NSA spying stuff piss me off, given they for the most part didn't say shit when the Patriot Act passed,(not mention the bi-partian passage of FISA 1978) and didn't give too shits about the pandora's box it opened up, now think it's ok to bitch about it and pretend that it's all Obama's doing. Hey assholes, you're late to the party, and say crap like "I just want blame Bush for everything". No, I've been saying this shit for years, you're just an asshat who finally woke up.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:19:58 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4197 on: June 23, 2013, 02:21:03 pm »
Last night my next door neighbors had a party with a live band. That's not the annoying part. If I hadn't been feeling under the weather, I would have stopped by.

The annoying part is (as I found out this morning), people all over the neighborhood were calling the cops on them, starting early in the evening. Granted, it was loud, but come on people. It was a Saturday night, they warned their immediate neighbors about it two days in advance, and the band wrapped up at 10. I think they were being very considerate, but apparently my neighborhood's full of a bunch of party poopers.

wrightway

« Reply #4198 on: June 23, 2013, 02:51:25 pm »
I have a young, female rottweiler. She has yet to figure out that not everyone likes her. She's very "oh my gosh you're a human so need to be pettin' me!!! *furious butt wiggle *" Which caused today's misadventure. She chewed through a braided metal chain when I let her out (I knew rottweilers could do that, she's just never shown any inclination) and proceeded to bug the neighbors, their pets, and passerbys. Why no one thought to tell me until after the fact I don't know. When I saw her running around I yelled for her and she came right home. Queue the neighbors calling to ask why I can't control her and threatening to call the dog warden if it happens again. One told me she saw the chain snap and that the dog had been loose for an hour. Gee, why didn't you bother calling me when the chain snapped?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4199 on: June 23, 2013, 06:37:46 pm »
Changed over to Chrome the other day and i've only just realised that the spell check is in American English.

It was driving me fucking crazy, because I kept having words that were spelt correctly come up with red squiggles and I couldn't work out what was wrong with my spelling. Thought my brain had broken. :D