Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076798 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4860 on: August 20, 2013, 11:14:09 am »
So, I'm going to have to get my tooth extracted later on today. I'd been hoping that I could get a root canal + crown, but doing so would cost me somewhere in the area of $1200-$1500. No way I can afford that. The extraction is still going to be around $250, on top of the $100 I spent this morning for x-rays and an examination, and I'm not exactly happy about losing a tooth, but this is pretty much the only way I can get this taken care of.

I'm left wondering why Alberta health care is willing to provide automatic coverage for the treatment of injuries and infections anywhere on your body unless they just so happen to involve your teeth. How is this not vital health care?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4861 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »
Be... cause... teeth... are... I... I don't know where I was going with this.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4862 on: August 20, 2013, 02:42:55 pm »
I'm left wondering why Alberta health care is willing to provide automatic coverage for the treatment of injuries and infections anywhere on your body unless they just so happen to involve your teeth. How is this not vital health care?

Not only this, but the legislation that the Alberta government introduced a couple years ago, beefing up sterilisation protocols for dentists and whatnot (Because clearly, dental clinics are where everyone gets hospital-acquired infection. Oh wait, dental clinics were actually far cleaner than hospitals even before this stupid legislation.), only served to drive up the price of treatment even more. And the result of this mandated increased sterilisation? Absolutely nothing, since everything in dental clinics was already sterilised as hell. Our government is retarded.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4863 on: August 20, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »
Not as retarded as Quebec though.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4864 on: August 20, 2013, 04:55:48 pm »
Not as retarded as Quebec though.

*Stares at ironbite* ... ',:|

No! Quebec is actually one of the most progressive provinces in Canada. For example, they're the first to introduce legislation that helps make physician-assisted suicide legal. They have their dumbass moments, to be sure, but on the whole, Quebec is pretty decent. Alberta, on the other hand, has had the same fuckers in charge for over 40 years. Any party in power for that long will grow corrupt and incompetent, but our current dynasty has been a conservative one, so they already had a head-start. So no, Alberta's more retarded than Quebec.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4865 on: August 20, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »
Yes because having a hard on for the French language and banning any use of any other language to the point where you're driving businesses out of the province means you're progressive.

Ironbite-have you learned NOTHING!?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4866 on: August 20, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »
You know Quebec may be progressive in a lot of areas, but that hard on they have for the French language to the point that they freak over any other language is outright dumb as hell.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4867 on: August 20, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »
I'm not arguing with that. Quebec is retardedly paranoid about anything not white and/or French. I'm just saying they're not as retarded as Alberta. They actually have redeeming qualities. Alberta, not so much.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4868 on: August 20, 2013, 05:30:42 pm »
Quebec is... complicated. The history of discrimination, Anglo/Franco relations, cultural attacks, etc. are all way too complex to get into in this thread (and also because I'm too lazy to write an essay on it), but trust a Canadian with tons of family members living in Quebec: It's complicated. There's shitty stuff in the province, definitely, but some of the shitty stuff is understandable, if not necessarily condonable. Like, I totally understand wanting to preserve the language, although they frequently go about it the wrong way, or lose sight of other issues in the process. Other things are just stupid (like the current situation with their health care system). There are also some pretty good aspects to the province, though, and many of its major cities have a very progressive attitude towards social issues.

The basic thing you have to understand about Quebec: It's pretty much an ironic situation where the French colonized Native lands, and then ended up getting colonized themselves by the British. There's more to it than that, but that's the origin of it.

Alberta, on the other hand, is pretty simple: Rich, idiot conservatives everywhere.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4869 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »
That I haven't really talked to the majority of my best Skype buddies in weeks, because they haven't been on.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4870 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »
Yikes that sucks.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #4871 on: August 20, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »
Why does recycling have to be picked up at 5:30am? And of course it's super loud as the truck backs down the street and they dump cans in to the truck.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4872 on: August 20, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »
Why does recycling have to be picked up at 5:30am? And of course it's super loud as the truck backs down the street and they dump cans in to the truck.

Because you touch yourself at night?? Meanwhile my garbage and recycling are still waiting to be picked up at Noon sometimes. Which leads me to my gripe, I hate the new mail time, for the past couple of weeks, the mail has been being delivered late in the afternoon later than 3:30 pm. Now it wasn't always like this, the normal time would be around 1pm, 2 pm at the latest. The new time is a pain in the ass because sometimes I work closing, and I don't get home to like 11pm, and my Mom always works from 3pm-11pm, and sometimes we have packages, and we don't like them sitting on the porch until whoever gets home first.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:14:44 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4873 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:02 am »
I hate it when my parents lecture me about not smoking weed because it's blowing smoke in baby Jesus' face or someshit. I can count the number of times I've ever smoked on one hand (four, in case anyone cares) while my dad smoked (cigarettes) for years when my brother and I were kids. I'm about 9.99% sure my surname translates as "hypocrisy" in a foreign language.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4874 on: August 21, 2013, 12:14:51 am »

Because you touch yourself at night?? Meanwhile my garbage and recycling are still waiting to be picked up at Noon sometimes.

We have new garbage guys, and they're horrible at the job. They tend to spill trash on the lawn that they don't bother picking up, and they once left an entire garbage can full of several trash bags. They didn't even touch it. We had to actually call waste management that time to make them shout at them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.