Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073159 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5325 on: September 14, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
Damn, what an idiot. I'll admit that I'm not very friendly to religion either, but I've actually read books like the Bible and the Koran. And while fear is certainly an important part of religion, especially organized religion, it is far from the only part. it would have died out a long time ago if that were the case. And really, is he so sure he's read Dawkins right? Cause I'm a huge Dawkins fan as well, and I don't recall him ever getting so... extreme. Hitchens I can se doing that, but Dawkins, I'm not so sure about.

In fact, let me express annoyance at this guy and his ilk as well. They are the biggest threat to the atheism movement, not religious fundamentalists. They make atheists look like fools, giving credence to the idea that its "just another religion".

Dawkins's twitter as well as his blog and facebook tend to be very stark examples of how gross he can be.

He also recently said that sexual abuse isn't always harmful.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5326 on: September 14, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5327 on: September 14, 2013, 09:43:51 pm »
Hey, sometimes a picture says a thousand words, mate.

shykid

« Reply #5328 on: September 14, 2013, 10:01:43 pm »
Damn, what an idiot. I'll admit that I'm not very friendly to religion either, but I've actually read books like the Bible and the Koran. And while fear is certainly an important part of religion, especially organized religion, it is far from the only part. it would have died out a long time ago if that were the case. And really, is he so sure he's read Dawkins right? Cause I'm a huge Dawkins fan as well, and I don't recall him ever getting so... extreme. Hitchens I can se doing that, but Dawkins, I'm not so sure about.

In fact, let me express annoyance at this guy and his ilk as well. They are the biggest threat to the atheism movement, not religious fundamentalists. They make atheists look like fools, giving credence to the idea that its "just another religion".

Dawkins's twitter as well as his blog and facebook tend to be very stark examples of how gross he can be.

He also recently said that sexual abuse isn't always harmful.

WTF is “mild pedophilia”?

Dawkins went on to say that one of his former school masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts,” and that to condemn this “mild touching up” as sexual abuse today would somehow be unfair.

Does Dawkins have Stockholm syndrome?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5329 on: September 14, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »
It would certainly explain a lot.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5330 on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »
I burnt my tongue really badly and have hardly been able to taste anything for half the day.

wrightway

« Reply #5331 on: September 14, 2013, 10:48:18 pm »
People who think it's okay to touch my hair without my permission.

It's like there's some kind of hormone in curly hair that causes everyone to turn into social morons as soon as they're in its presence.

No, the part of the brain that tells them "Do not touch" malfunctions. It's like when people want to feel the baby kicking on a visibly pregnant woman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5332 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »

It's like there's some kind of hormone in curly hair that causes everyone to turn into social morons as soon as they're in its presence.

No, the part of the brain that tells them "Do not touch" malfunctions. It's like when people want to feel the baby kicking on a visibly pregnant woman.
I'm guessing the same bit of brain goes haywire when a member of the general population encounters a trans person. You know, the part that says "Don't ask people about their medications/surgical history"? Yeah.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:50:04 am by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #5333 on: September 15, 2013, 01:23:14 am »
My shower no longer works.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5334 on: September 15, 2013, 08:14:33 am »
In a few weeks I will have to go under to get my wisdom teeth removed...grand.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5335 on: September 15, 2013, 09:15:55 am »

I'm guessing the same bit of brain goes haywire when a member of the general population encounters a trans person. You know, the part that says "Don't ask people about their medications/surgical history"? Yeah,

People don't seem to have much common sense when it comes to sensitive topics. Strangers love to ask my sister "What happened to his REAL parents?" when they see her adopted son. People like to ask my mom about my dad's death. All kinds of wonderful shit like that.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5336 on: September 15, 2013, 02:50:43 pm »

I'm guessing the same bit of brain goes haywire when a member of the general population encounters a trans person. You know, the part that says "Don't ask people about their medications/surgical history"? Yeah.

Not to mention that it's normally extremely inappropriate to ask someone to show you their genitals, unless that person happens to be a trans acquaintance who just underwent bottom surgery. (/sarcasm)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:27:20 pm by Random Guy »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5337 on: September 15, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »
Even then, it's probably not a good idea to say, "Let me see your crotch!" unless you know them *very* well and have the type of friendship where you're both cool with it.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5338 on: September 15, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
Even then, it's probably not a good idea to say, "Let me see your crotch!" unless you know them *very* well and have the type of friendship where you're both cool with it.
When/If I get bottom surgery, I'll wear skinny jeans/yoga pants so that no one feels the need to ask about my genitals.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5339 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:20 pm »
When/If I get bottom surgery, I'll wear skinny jeans/yoga pants so that no one feels the need to ask about my genitals.

I don't get guys who wear skinny jeans.

I mean.....we have stuff down there. How does it fit?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.