Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072254 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5580 on: October 03, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »
I've never tried it. Then again, I don't drink or smoke either.

Brothers in sobriety?  Sweet.  I've never had a reason to get drunk, baked, or high on whatever your poison of choice might be.  I fail to see the point, honestly.  There's far, far cheaper ways to have fun and running from my pain is one thing, but hiding from it behind a veil of liquor and/or pharmaceuticals?  I'll pass, thankee.  It sounds quite boring to me, at the best of times.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5581 on: October 03, 2013, 07:24:48 pm »
When I'm high, my internal filter that says "you shouldn't say that" or "you should phrase that differently" goes out to lunch. I also get somewhat clumsy. When I come down I usually want to fall asleep and get cranky if I can't.

Any time I've smoked pot, it's been the exact opposite for me. I get so self-conscious that I can't do anything without a little voice going, "Was it weird for me to say that? Was it a weird tone of voice? Is everyone looking at me funny, or am I imagining things? Oh god, the way I moved my hand can't be normal, these people totally think I'm a freak. Should I be sitting like this? Do people normally sit like this? Fuck, how long have I been silent? Should I say something? Will it be weird if I say that? Shit, I hope I'm not moving my mouth along with everything I'm thinking."
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5582 on: October 03, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »
I've never tried it. Then again, I don't drink or smoke either.

Brothers in sobriety?  Sweet.  I've never had a reason to get drunk, baked, or high on whatever your poison of choice might be.  I fail to see the point, honestly.  There's far, far cheaper ways to have fun and running from my pain is one thing, but hiding from it behind a veil of liquor and/or pharmaceuticals?  I'll pass, thankee.  It sounds quite boring to me, at the best of times.

I like to drink, but not to get drunk.  Just to a slight buzz.  Other than that, I really fear what would happen if I lost control of myself.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5583 on: October 03, 2013, 11:33:42 pm »
Im not allowed to put the phones back in their holders. It offends mum
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5584 on: October 03, 2013, 11:37:05 pm »
... dare I ask why?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5585 on: October 03, 2013, 11:45:06 pm »
When I'm high, my internal filter that says "you shouldn't say that" or "you should phrase that differently" goes out to lunch. I also get somewhat clumsy. When I come down I usually want to fall asleep and get cranky if I can't.

Any time I've smoked pot, it's been the exact opposite for me. I get so self-conscious that I can't do anything without a little voice going, "Was it weird for me to say that? Was it a weird tone of voice? Is everyone looking at me funny, or am I imagining things? Oh god, the way I moved my hand can't be normal, these people totally think I'm a freak. Should I be sitting like this? Do people normally sit like this? Fuck, how long have I been silent? Should I say something? Will it be weird if I say that? Shit, I hope I'm not moving my mouth along with everything I'm thinking."

Pure comic gold, there Mlle ;D . And so very true for most noobies. I don't do it anymore, not for a decade, but if I did out of the blue, I'd get that exact same inner dialogue popping up again.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5586 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »
... dare I ask why?

Mum bitches constantly about how the phones are always dead. We have 8, and usually only 2 are charged. So recently I've been putting the phones back in their chargers as soon as mum stopped talking. She took that to mean she never puts them back.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5587 on: October 04, 2013, 09:35:49 am »
... dare I ask why?

Mum bitches constantly about how the phones are always dead. We have 8, and usually only 2 are charged. So recently I've been putting the phones back in their chargers as soon as mum stopped talking. She took that to mean she never puts them back.

If the shoe fits...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5588 on: October 04, 2013, 09:42:57 am »
... dare I ask why?

At the risk of stating the obvious, that's a hell of a lot of phones for one house.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5589 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48:10 am »
While I do not believe in the outright banning of pot, I do believe in keeping it controlled much like pain medication is. If people are going to smoke pot, they might as well be safe about it.

Even were I to accept the argument that any drug should be restricted for recreational use, the big difference is that you can overdose on opioids. I have yet to see a case of someone dying from too much marijuana use. Yes, the smoke could possibly cause problems in the long term, but I don't see the DEA going around banning cigarettes or incense. People are allowed to make personal choices about those things.

That wasn't the point but thanks for believing as such.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5590 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:04 pm »
While I do not believe in the outright banning of pot, I do believe in keeping it controlled much like pain medication is. If people are going to smoke pot, they might as well be safe about it.

Even were I to accept the argument that any drug should be restricted for recreational use, the big difference is that you can overdose on opioids. I have yet to see a case of someone dying from too much marijuana use. Yes, the smoke could possibly cause problems in the long term, but I don't see the DEA going around banning cigarettes or incense. People are allowed to make personal choices about those things.

That wasn't the point but thanks for believing as such.

Well, you still didn't answer my question: if marijuana should be restricted the same as painkillers, what other recreational drugs should face the same restriction? If none others, what makes pot unique?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5591 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:20 pm »
You never asked that question of me until just now.

And neither is this the thread for it.

Either way, it really depends, now doesn't it? For me, marijuana is one of the least harmful drugs that you can get that is still illegal. Well, in most places.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:14:14 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5592 on: October 04, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »
...face in pain...fuck surgery...need better pain killers.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5593 on: October 04, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »
...face in pain...fuck surgery...need better pain killers.

Wow, hon :(....what's causing it?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5594 on: October 04, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »
The surgery I had to have today.