Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069507 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7110 on: April 07, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »
Tomorrow we have a test.

The teacher hasnt even made it it, this is third year biochemistry
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7111 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:34 am »
Everyone who refers to the next Star Trek movie as "Star Trek 3." Star Trek 3 came out in 1984. The next movie is Star Trek 13. Why won't people get it right?

For that matter, people who act like there are only 2 Star Trek movies and not 12.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7112 on: April 08, 2014, 01:42:34 am »
Everyone who refers to the next Star Trek movie as "Star Trek 3." Star Trek 3 came out in 1984. The next movie is Star Trek 13. Why won't people get it right?

For that matter, people who act like there are only 2 Star Trek movies and not 12.
They did a reboot so calling it ST3 is not that wrong and it's not like these movies have been numbered either. Besides, there are now people who had their first contact with Star Trek from these new movies.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7113 on: April 08, 2014, 12:07:33 pm »

They did a reboot so calling it ST3 is not that wrong and it's not like these movies have been numbered either. Besides, there are now people who had their first contact with Star Trek from these new movies.

Like my sister. She had zero interest in Star Trek whatsoever until she found out that Benedict Cumberbatch was going to be in Into Darkness. We made her watch the 2009 film so she'd have an understanding of the sequel, and she ended up becoming a hardcore Trekkie.

Currently she cosplays TOS Spock and Bones, is watching literally the entirety of Star Trek in order, and (among many other props and decoration) she has a Tribble that shakes and squeals when you poke it and the ThinKGeek door chime. For a time, she forced everyone wanting access to her room to press the button instead of knocking.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7114 on: April 08, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »
I hate it when I get pissed off about arguments that are months or even years old.

Or when I get pissed off about arguments that have never even happened.

Worst of all, I have a hard time getting my brain to divert from this pointless endeavor because it mostly happens when I'm trying to sleep.  Key word: Trying.  And trying to get my mind to focus on anything other than what it wants to focus on is... well, herding cats would probably be a refreshing change of pace compared to it.

Sometimes it means getting up and doing something to occupy my brain a bit before I go to bed.

Lately, though, I've been feeling mellow as fuck.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7115 on: April 08, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »

Like my sister. She had zero interest in Star Trek whatsoever until she found out that Benedict Cumberbatch was going to be in Into Darkness. We made her watch the 2009 film so she'd have an understanding of the sequel, and she ended up becoming a hardcore Trekkie.

Currently she cosplays TOS Spock and Bones, is watching literally the entirety of Star Trek in order, and (among many other props and decoration) she has a Tribble that shakes and squeals when you poke it and the ThinKGeek door chime. For a time, she forced everyone wanting access to her room to press the button instead of knocking.

Prior to Into darkness, my father, my brother and I were the only Star Trek fans in the family. After, my sisters and my mother have joined.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7116 on: April 08, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »
I hate it when people leave their IM on even when they are gone. it drives me up the fucking wall.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7117 on: April 09, 2014, 02:56:55 am »
When people shit all over the idea of 'canon', and insist it's a stupid concept.  And I mean canon in general, not someone ignoring a certain canon because they think that particular canon is stupid.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7118 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:27 am »
Someone on facebook posted an obviously fake image of a field in Oregon containing nothing but miles of boxes, claiming that they were filled with calves that were being held there to be slaughtered. The message? "Go vegan." Seriously? There's plenty of evidence of animal cruelty in the meat industry. Why don't you use that, rather than fake BS that only serves to make you look like a lying asshole?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7119 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:44 am »
Because it's easier to lie about a reason to go vegan then it is to actually tell the truth.  I think the moron who said that if they could go back to Auschwitz and tell the Jewish people there to go vegan because the suffering they're going through is nothing compared to what animals go through in order to feed us tells the tale.

Ironbite-militant vegans have no clue how to actually spread information and just use shock tactics to sway people to their side.  It's really amusing at times.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7120 on: April 10, 2014, 11:46:46 am »
Is it just me, or is Cracked lagging like a whore for anyone else?  Every other site I go on (yes, even fucking Youtube, the bastion of massive site lag) is perfectly fine, but Cracked is slower than frozen molasses.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7121 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
So, the tv is advertising Heaven is for Real, and are labeling it as "a true story".  I suppose they could argue that "well, they mean that the boy claiming he saw heaven is a true story, not that what he saw was real".  However, according to wikipedia, even that is suspect since one of the big controversies of the book is that there's no medical evidence that the boy ever experienced brain death during his surgery.  Not only that, but looking at the wiki entry for the book, the story itself seems to be the account of the dad, who is a pastor, and the book itself is co-written by someone who's not even a member of the family. 

I honestly wonder if anyone else other than the parents heard this kid make these claims, like a nurse or doctor hearing it after the boy woke up after surgery, or if it was a case of "We took our son home and he totes started saying these things, guys.  He even talked about his aborted sister, which we never told him about.  It really happened, take our word for it!".

I guess it just irritates me how they outright label the movie as "tru story gaiz".

Edit: According to a blog I just read, the kid had the "experience" when he was three, but "didn't start talking about it until he was four" and has apparently kept adding to his "experience" as the years went on.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:10:34 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7122 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:16 am »
My mom got a copy of that book for her birthday and I read it. Spoiler warning: either the kid's making this up for attention (which I admit to doing at one point; I claimed Jesus visited me in the middle of the night) or he's just saying whatever Dad wants him to say (kind of a strange coincidence that he just so happens to be a pastor's son). Alternatively, it's a combination of both.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #7123 on: April 11, 2014, 02:12:31 am »
Dear 20-something guy in Sociology of Gender/Women's Studies class: When the 73 year old borderline Tea Party pastor with pretty much no knowledge about gay/trans issues is more respectful and understanding of the people involved and the key concepts than you, you've got issues.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7124 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »
My eyes.  Not only are the dark areas around them getting darker, but I'm tired of having shite vision and wearing glasses or contacts.  Either I have to clean something around four times a day (because I'm fucking anal with that shit), or have to worry about bits of plastic going on my eye properly and all the other shit that comes with contacts.

When I get the money to do it, I swear I'm going in for laser vision correction.  No more bullshit glasses or contacts.  Just fire the science lasers and fix my fucking eyes!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.