Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072561 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7680 on: July 26, 2014, 05:39:57 am »
Actually, even for poor service, we still tip.  Just not much.

On the other hand, if they intentionally did something malicious, that might be cause for no tip.

...Or in some of those cases, calling 911.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7681 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:14 am »
I've never understood the hate he gets.  With DSP, I understand completely, because he's a dishonest, egotistical, bigoted, hypocritical jerk.  PewDiePie, on the other hand...

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7682 on: July 26, 2014, 10:26:09 am »
I wasn't aware there was a limited amount of hate in this world.

Nothing to do with limitations and everything to do with priority.

People reserve more hate for Bieber, PewDiePie, and Auschwitz-selfie-girl than they do for people who actually cause harm.
So I suppose what your getting at is that you think we should all hate Rupert Murdock even more?

I am 150% with this suggestion.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7683 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:11 am »
I wasn't aware there was a limited amount of hate in this world.

Nothing to do with limitations and everything to do with priority.

People reserve more hate for Bieber, PewDiePie, and Auschwitz-selfie-girl than they do for people who actually cause harm.

What makes you think that they don't? Do you just assume that if they hate someone like Bieber or PDP enough that they've forgotten about actual murderers, or that they don't hate them quite as much as a Swedish guy screeching about rape over footage of him screwing around in a video game? Chances are the people you're talking about really don't hate PewDiePie more than someone like Pol Pot. They just seem like it to you.

I've never understood the hate he gets.  With DSP, I understand completely, because he's a dishonest, egotistical, bigoted, hypocritical jerk.  PewDiePie, on the other hand...

His style is abrasive, crude, appeals to the lowest common denominator, and for quite a long time involved uncomfortably copious amounts of rape "jokes" that amounted to little more than talking about rape and raping in the context of whatever was happening on screen. Despite having a style that combines the worst excesses of most bad LPers, he's managed to become very wealthy over it and amass a fanbase of children who harangue people who publicly express criticism of him because they're all "bros". When confronted with a video from the Retsupurae duo (as well as other SA members) which specifically pointed out the bad rape jokes, he responded by gloating about how their views just got him more money.

So no, he's not as stupid or downright mean as Phil. But he's made himself rich by appealing to the lowest common denominator and trivializing sexual assault. If anything, he's in the same boat as Robin Thicke.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7684 on: July 26, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »
My girlfriend is a fan of PewDiePie, and I am, frankly in the "No fucks to give" category, at least until she starts saying he's the funniest person on YouTube.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7685 on: July 27, 2014, 02:07:18 am »
The left mouse button on my wireless mouse appears to have suddenly shit the fan.

Or something like that.  The LMB of the laptop itself works perfectly fine.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7686 on: July 27, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »
The left mouse button on my wireless mouse appears to have suddenly shit the fan.

Or something like that.  The LMB of the laptop itself works perfectly fine.
Goddanm Jews :(

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7687 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:07 pm »
Update: New mouse, oh my god, love it.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7688 on: July 27, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »
Update: New mouse, oh my god, love it.
Praise the Jews!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7689 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:14 am »
I am going to skip the long "STOPPING POWAH!" debate which I was reading (and laughing at) that got me into the article, but there is something that just jumped at me and REALLY annoyed me...

http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/wwii/woundblstcs/chapter2.htm
Considering early history as recorded in the Bible, it is noted that David, in his encounter with the giant, Goliath, was...

Wait, what was that?

Considering early history as recorded in the Bible, it is noted that David, in his encounter with the giant, Goliath, was...

early history as recorded in the Bible,

Even to a devout christian that is a phrase that I do not expect to find in an medical article.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7690 on: July 29, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
I fell asleep at the wrong time (late evening instead of early morning) and my shift tonight is gonna be hell.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7691 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:07 pm »
I can't stand this humidity.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7692 on: July 29, 2014, 08:46:10 pm »
Too... Much... Rain!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7693 on: July 31, 2014, 03:44:24 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/30/the-most-frightening-candidate-ive-met-in-seven-years-interviewing-congressional-hopefuls/

This woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...

she's a troll...she must be a troll, because there's no other way such a creature could exist! Only as a troll...a troll...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7694 on: August 01, 2014, 03:51:49 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/30/the-most-frightening-candidate-ive-met-in-seven-years-interviewing-congressional-hopefuls/

This woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...this woman...

she's a troll...she must be a troll, because there's no other way such a creature could exist! Only as a troll...a troll...

Cliff notes it please. All i see is your typical anti global warming person, which is really quite boring
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.