Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076936 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8865 on: June 13, 2015, 08:34:35 pm »
When you sneeze and pull something.

Ironbite-in this case, my lower back.

Ever sneeze and get a cramp in your dick?  That shit HURTS.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8866 on: June 14, 2015, 01:32:31 am »
Sneezing while peeing.  It feels like my bladder's gonna come out my urethra.   OOOH a balloon!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8867 on: June 14, 2015, 11:33:39 pm »
It's only been a couple of weeks or so and I'm already sick of the Fallout 4 hype (and this is coming from someone who loves Fallout). This is going to be a long and insufferable year, isn't it?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8868 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:38 pm »
Give it about a month and everyone will stop talking about it I know I have since my attention span for games is only so long if the game isn't out. Plus E3 is here so I imagine that they will switch their focus to other things like Halo 5: Guardians or the fact that Ryu is in Smash 4 or Mother 1 getting released on Virtual Console.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8869 on: June 14, 2015, 11:45:54 pm »
I don't know. A game as popular as Fallout usually gets hyped more and more and more as the release date draws closer. A major publisher like Bethesda knows hows exactly how to cultivate and milk hype for all its worth.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8870 on: June 15, 2015, 02:29:48 am »
It's only been a couple of weeks or so and I'm already sick of the Fallout 4 hype (and this is coming from someone who loves Fallout). This is going to be a long and insufferable year, isn't it?

I can try to fill you in with XCOM 2 hype if that is better. Or Dreadnought hype. Or Mandate hype.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8871 on: June 15, 2015, 02:34:05 am »

I can try to fill you in with XCOM 2 hype if that is better. Or Dreadnought hype. Or Mandate hype.

If you have any Yooka-Laylee hype, I'll take as much of that as you can get.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8872 on: June 15, 2015, 07:12:07 pm »
How bout Masters of Orion hype?

Offline Zygarde

• The Beast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8873 on: June 15, 2015, 07:45:23 pm »
Or Star Wars Battlefront hype?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8874 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:40 am »
Being stuck in a hyper-christian ultra-conservative facility for 4 months with no internet, and with any contrary opinion shouted down as "having no idea what I'm talking about."

Yeah, how dare I say sex out of marriage isn't evil, and how dare I defend homosexuals.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8875 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:09 am »
One of my managers isn't very smart, at least nowhere as smart as he thinks he is.  In the year that I've worked with him, I've let the dumb shit that he says go, because I don't really care, and I generally think it's bad form to call somebody out when they don't know what they're talking about.  Except I came to realize that he does that all the time, particularly to the female employees, except he generally still doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

So I called him out when he claimed that to have an accurate sample for a poll, you needed to get a response for roughly one percent of the population.  Anybody who has ever actually studied polling would know that the absolute size of a sample matters almost infinitely more than the size relative to the population.  I showed him textbooks on the subject, one of which actually began it's discussion of the subject by specifically stating that his claim is false.  In attempting to defend his position, he proved to have no understanding of several basic concepts in social science, including skew, random error vs systemic error, statistical analysis, and the definition of theory.

Fuck, I need to get out of this job and back into a classroom.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8876 on: June 20, 2015, 12:51:09 am »
Damn, Svata, how the hell did you end up in that situation?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8877 on: June 20, 2015, 12:57:22 am »
DFCS put me there to get me to my current location because this program will help me find employment before I turn 21 and get put out on my ass in the cold. Was at a program called Broken Shackle Ranch from February 18 until June 14. Am now @ their Omega House placement, and reconnected to the rest of the world.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8878 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:17 am »
Why is it a lot of the ultra-conservative "child concentration correction camps" call themselves ranches?  My cousin was at a place called The Lord's Ranch, a place for "troubled teens" (read: kids who got caught smoking or trying to bang by their retard relatives), and they were only allowed to see their families for about an hour every month.  The kids there were abused physically and psychologically, and there was an abominably high suicide rate.  I honestly don't know how they stayed in business without being burned to the ground.  I still want to burn them to the ground because, without them, I doubt my cousin would be half the fucked up reprobate she is today.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• The Beast
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8879 on: June 20, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
Probably cause ranch sounds less culty than  "The Lord's Camp."