Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077136 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9330 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:27 am »
My unexplained depression is getting worse. Also, even in the FB groups I'm in racists are coming out of the woodwork and when they aren't just making stupid racist comments they're spreading their racist conspiracy theories...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9331 on: November 05, 2015, 08:29:17 am »
could it be seasonal affective disorder? lack of sunlight, etc... getting you down?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9332 on: November 05, 2015, 10:36:44 am »
My unexplained depression is getting worse. Also, even in the FB groups I'm in racists are coming out of the woodwork and when they aren't just making stupid racist comments they're spreading their racist conspiracy theories...
Has anyone defended that "sterilize the blacks" guy yet? Or have they attacked him for only wanting sterilization?

Even Then

« Reply #9333 on: November 06, 2015, 04:30:13 am »
No, "pro-lifers" on the Internet, neither a fertilized ovum nor an underdeveloped fetus are the same thing as a sentient human child. No, heartbeats don't count for shit in this.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9334 on: November 07, 2015, 01:56:32 am »
"OMG people who commit suicide are so selfish!  Don't they ever think about how it'll affect me their families?  I know!  I'll loudly proclaim how horrible and selfish suicidally depressed people are!  Surely that'll force them to see how right I am and make them listen to reason!  After all, everyone knows that deep depression = "just being sad"; that means I've been depressed without killing myself, so that makes me perfectly qualified to make these judgments!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to heckle some "beached whales" for their own benefit so they'll be forced to lose weight!  I only do it out of genuine concern for their health, of course!"

Yeah, just got done watching a video about youtubers who've died, including those who committed suicide.  I always found it odd how non-depressed or non-suicidal people insist on how selfish suicide is, while seemingly only giving a shit about everyone but the actual sufferer.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:02:07 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9335 on: November 07, 2015, 02:07:11 am »
Blood stains on my shirt.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9336 on: November 07, 2015, 06:02:10 am »
Switching to and from fullscreen mode on Youtube used to be instant. Then for reasons I cannot fathom, the people at Youtube decided to get fancy and add a fade out transition that takes a full second. I know it's a pretty minor complaint, but it just gets on my tits because there's simply no need for something like that to waste my time. It's functionally no different to adding a second of lag to the button.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9337 on: November 07, 2015, 06:41:42 am »
At least the full screen mode usually works. I like the medium sized one but now that one no longer makes the window bigger, it just hides the controls and shows me a corner of the bigger video...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9338 on: November 07, 2015, 06:49:49 am »
I noticed that too. When I had my old laptop, the medium sizer player was quite handy. Then when I upgraded to my current, higher resolution laptop, medium did absolutely nothing but waste space. If anything, it makes the video slightly smaller.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9339 on: November 07, 2015, 09:05:23 am »
That fullscreen transition bugs me too. The first time it occurred I thought something had glitched out.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9340 on: November 07, 2015, 10:06:14 am »
"OMG people who commit suicide are so selfish!  Don't they ever think about how it'll affect me their families?  I know!  I'll loudly proclaim how horrible and selfish suicidally depressed people are!  Surely that'll force them to see how right I am and make them listen to reason!  After all, everyone knows that deep depression = "just being sad"; that means I've been depressed without killing myself, so that makes me perfectly qualified to make these judgments!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to heckle some "beached whales" for their own benefit so they'll be forced to lose weight!  I only do it out of genuine concern for their health, of course!"

Yeah, just got done watching a video about youtubers who've died, including those who committed suicide.  I always found it odd how non-depressed or non-suicidal people insist on how selfish suicide is, while seemingly only giving a shit about everyone but the actual sufferer.

another thing that bugs me is to call the suicidal cowards. like, suicide is the coward's way out. in one of my more... unstable moments, pissed off that someone called me a coward for hanging myself a few years back, i did a traditionnal hangman's noose (13 loops), and thrust it into their hands and told them:"ok, then. if it's so cowardly, you can put it around your neck, then!" the person blanched visibly at the idea. they didn't go through with it, saying it didn't prove anything. on the contrary, it takes a certain kind of determination to actively say, "i'm going to end my life. boom, thank you, i'm out." it's the biggest high-stakes decision you can make. sure, it can be lubricated by alcohol and mental illness, but that doesn't stop the gesture from being one of the gravest. it takes courage and responsibility to kill yourself, even if it's the coward's way out.

does it show i've come to peace with life and death? hell, i'm a stable suicidal. meaning i won't fly off the handle anymore and try to off myself (again) until i've lived my life. but i won't let old age or illness take me, forcing others to watch me waste away. that's too painful for others to bear. i'm reserving myself the privilege of deciding when my life is at an end. and it won't end until i deem i've seen everything.

eta: iirc, ironbite was shocked at the idea, and i'd love to hear his side of the story, since last time he didn't respond. ironbite, if you read this, can i have your opinion on the matter, please?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:08:23 am by guizonde »

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #9341 on: November 07, 2015, 10:32:28 am »
It more than annoys me to be honest, but I've never known how to deal with people telling me they want to die. I just freeze up, hoping I don't say some fucking embarrassing platitude or thing that'll make them feel guilty about their suicidal depression, and then I end up saying an embarrassing platitude anyway. I'm only writing this so that I'll feel better about griping about my own problems in this thread.

Things that annoy me: when raging assholes like the same things I do, or have good taste in art, music etc.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9342 on: November 07, 2015, 10:48:42 am »
It more than annoys me to be honest, but I've never known how to deal with people telling me they want to die. I just freeze up, hoping I don't say some fucking embarrassing platitude or thing that'll make them feel guilty about their suicidal depression, and then I end up saying an embarrassing platitude anyway. I'm only writing this so that I'll feel better about griping about my own problems in this thread.

Things that annoy me: when raging assholes like the same things I do, or have good taste in art, music etc.

have you tried simply accepting it? like "oh, ok. right. uh, wanna talk about it or play a hand of cards or something?" and move on, unless the person actually wants a friendly ear without fear of judgement. from experience, there are two kinds of suicidal talks. one is venting (i believe is called suicidal ideation, but check it) and is closer to depression and helplessness, but not "true" admittance of being suicidal. the other kind is the real thing, and tends to  be discreet, and days or weeks before the act. that's the one you've got to watch out for, and mental health professionals are trained to root that one out.

i've talked to my friends about it, and even though they disagree with me on the subject, they accept it gives me comfort to ultimately decide my fate, reducing the helplessness of mental illness, if you will. it felt good talking about it, even if the event is decades away.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #9343 on: November 07, 2015, 10:53:12 am »
Fuck, I don't even know. If I never have to deal with with suicidal talk alone in person, it'll be too soon.

That sounds incredibly jackass-ish. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:16:24 am by Even Then »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9344 on: November 07, 2015, 11:20:43 am »
So I picked up a steam wallet card to buy Fallout 4 and turns out I am nine goddamn cents short of buying the game.