Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071220 times)

Even Then

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9420 on: November 29, 2015, 03:04:40 am »
This is more... more of an intense feeling than just annoying, but:

The fact that Piers Anthony is an accoladed writer when his works feature shit like this, as far as I know completely unironically. (warning:big honking pedophilia with a side of rape apologism)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9421 on: November 29, 2015, 03:37:50 am »
Yeah, hes a shitstain. But some of his works are okay. Just glad I got mine secondhand so I didn't give him any cash.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Even Then

« Reply #9422 on: November 29, 2015, 03:42:42 am »
Now let me be clear. I don't think that depicting pedophilia in your books means that they're automatically bad. If the subject matter is treated and depicted with the drama and gravity and seriousness it needs (hell, as long as it's treated as a bad thing in general), as long as it's depicted right, then okay, it's another part of the narrative.

Piers, however...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9423 on: November 29, 2015, 10:26:23 pm »
Trying to finish the main body of my fucking tokamak, and Minecraft is lagging really hard...on my end.  This is my single biggest fucking achievement to date, you asshole!  Stop fucking me over!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #9424 on: December 02, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
when a 3 TB hard drive fails that contains 55% of your anime, Geographical Information Systems data, movies, and music.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9425 on: December 02, 2015, 11:36:51 pm »
This is more... more of an intense feeling than just annoying, but:

The fact that Piers Anthony is an accoladed writer when his works feature shit like this, as far as I know completely unironically. (warning:big honking pedophilia with a side of rape apologism)

Wha...wh...what the...

SERIOUSLY??? He wrote THAT?

...I'd like to volunteer this guy for the first manned mission to the Sun now.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9426 on: December 03, 2015, 12:15:02 am »
He describes himself as a "Dirty Old Man".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9427 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »
My kids have everyone in the house a cold. Including me and my twin 2 year olds. Yes, right now I have 2 sick two year olds that I'm taking care of while having a cold of my own.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9428 on: December 04, 2015, 04:03:07 pm »
Someone decided to go and break stuff at my father-in-laws fox pens. Apparently some "friends of all animals" think that it's better if the animals starve to death...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9429 on: December 05, 2015, 12:56:15 am »
Why do right wing equalitarian blogs bother calling themselves "pro-equality" or some other bullshti.

Even Then

« Reply #9430 on: December 05, 2015, 03:33:47 am »
Because they don't want to come across as what they really are; systemic issues-denying social conservatives who think these uppity blacks, gays and females are just kicking up too much of a fuss.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9431 on: December 05, 2015, 08:22:20 am »
binding of isaac rebirth really annoys me. not only is it luck-based, but it's excruciatingly difficult. argh, i keep on dying in the most stupid and avoidable ways... welp, i've rage-quit enough, back to playing.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9432 on: December 05, 2015, 09:30:45 am »
I DL-ed Windows 10 yesterday. It lists my printer with a "there's an app available" button. I check the app link. It doesn't support my particular sub-model. I go back to try and print. W10 won't send to my printer, even though it's listed in devices, and continues to send to various MS vaporware "printing" apps, like send to One Note or MS Print to PDF. I go to the printer manufacturer's website and DL the latest drivers (it detects I have W10). I re-set-up everything. W10 says the printer is not connected. While it is physically connected via USB. I go down the W10 list of available devices and remove anything that is not my printer, and for the third time, set my printer as default - the set as default button does nothing. I re-do everything again. I go to device settings, properties, security, etc. and verify that the printer is in fact acknowledged and functioning and connected and has latest drivers according to my laptop. I hard re-boot my laptop and printer. Nada. My question is, did I make a fatal error in using Express Settings when I first installed W10? Do I need to tell Cortana to stop mindlessly whoring an unusable app and while cock blocking my printer?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9433 on: December 05, 2015, 10:34:09 am »
I DL-ed Windows 10 yesterday. It lists my printer with a "there's an app available" button. I check the app link. It doesn't support my particular sub-model. I go back to try and print. W10 won't send to my printer, even though it's listed in devices, and continues to send to various MS vaporware "printing" apps, like send to One Note or MS Print to PDF. I go to the printer manufacturer's website and DL the latest drivers (it detects I have W10). I re-set-up everything. W10 says the printer is not connected. While it is physically connected via USB. I go down the W10 list of available devices and remove anything that is not my printer, and for the third time, set my printer as default - the set as default button does nothing. I re-do everything again. I go to device settings, properties, security, etc. and verify that the printer is in fact acknowledged and functioning and connected and has latest drivers according to my laptop. I hard re-boot my laptop and printer. Nada. My question is, did I make a fatal error in using Express Settings when I first installed W10? Do I need to tell Cortana to stop mindlessly whoring an unusable app and while cock blocking my printer?

Honestly, I think your fatal error was installing W10.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9434 on: December 05, 2015, 10:37:47 am »
I've come to the conclusion that this is just Microsoft's way of using the public as Guinea pig beta testers of their Windows 10.  I downloaded it, then had problems with it hanging up like hell, so I just went back to 8.  I usually stay with the OS that came with the computer anyway.  this was my first non-bundled with the computer to begin with upgrade.

I may buy the 'fixed' version of 10 later.  It'd probably be worth it to not have to deal with all the annoying crap.