Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074404 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9750 on: March 02, 2016, 09:57:06 pm »
Honestly, when I mentioned the book earlier in the thread, I had not bothered looking for it for a year or more. Too frustrating. But thanks.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #9751 on: March 03, 2016, 03:14:47 am »
I missed and left in three obvious errors in the first set of slides I corrected for my teacher. (Should've corrected one instance of "time enough" into "enough time" like the rest and removed two unnecessary hyphens because English doesn't use them the same way that Finnish does ("Excel sheet" instead of "Excel-sheet").) This is one of the few things I am actually proficient at in this school, and I'm incompetent in that too. I can't even have this to take worth from.

Oh well, I guess I can fall back to the old "I'm an amateur who has only been doing this for a month or two lmao" excuse.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9752 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:29 am »
ET, those exceedingly minor "problems" are (to my American eye) just UK English versions. Go easy on yourself, hon.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #9753 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:16 am »
I guess I just thought they're obvious because I'm oversensitive to this kind of thing. XD (I mostly follow the "if this feels wrong, I'll correct it and maybe Google it if I'm uncertain" method when I thoughtlessly mix English and American spellings, so that might also contribute to the problem.)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9754 on: March 05, 2016, 11:04:09 am »
So in the list of stuff I don't want to deal with, my cars battery has decided it dosen't want to work anymore.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9755 on: March 05, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »
It irritates me that my most creative time is usually around the time I go to sleep.  Seriously, brain, what the fuck?  Can't you be creative during the hours I'm actually active and can fulfill said creative impulses?  Is that really so much to ask?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9756 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:09 am »
There are Trump fans in Finland. I repeat: THERE  ARE TRUMP FANS IN FINLAND!

And not the ironic kinds or those who would just like to see him drive USA to the ground...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9757 on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

And not the ironic kinds or those who would just like to see him drive USA to the ground...
Not surprising, racism is still a big thing there.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9758 on: March 06, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »

Not surprising, racism is still a big thing there.

Is there any country where racism isn't still a big thing?

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9759 on: March 06, 2016, 09:40:29 pm »
Antarctica, maybe?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9760 on: March 06, 2016, 09:48:46 pm »
OH no those penguins are the most racist fuckers around.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9761 on: March 09, 2016, 09:26:32 am »
Which version? All of 'em are obnoxious.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pinkwashing

Noun[edit]

pinkwashing ‎(uncountable)
1.The practice of a company using support of breast cancer-related charities to promote itself and its products or services.  [quotations ▼]
2.(LGBT) The practice of presenting something, particularly a state, as gay-friendly in order to soften or downplay aspects of its reputation considered negative.  [quotations ▼]
3.The practice of making a toy pink to signal that the manufacturer expects girls to play with it.  [quotations ▼]

Even Then

« Reply #9762 on: March 09, 2016, 05:33:14 pm »
"Feminists, why aren't you crying out against male domestic abuse?"* is the equivalent of "I know you're a fishing website, but what white wine would you choose to go with this Wagyu beef?" or "Why don't Native American activists ever talk about antiziganism?" Sure, male domestic abuse is an issue, but going up to a group whose mission statement is not to fight the problem you're upset about and whining that they don't fight the problem they don't fight because they're too busy fighting the problem they actually fight... is just fucking asinine when you could just be fighting the problem yourself.

* which is a nonsense question anyway since, outside fringe radfems, I've seen feminists treat male domestic abuse with nothing but contempt

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9763 on: March 09, 2016, 05:57:28 pm »
"Feminists, why aren't you crying out against male domestic abuse?"* is the equivalent of "I know you're a fishing website, but what white wine would you choose to go with this Wagyu beef?" or "Why don't Native American activists ever talk about antiziganism?" Sure, male domestic abuse is an issue, but going up to a group whose mission statement is not to fight the problem you're upset about and whining that they don't fight the problem they don't fight because they're too busy fighting the problem they actually fight... is just fucking asinine when you could just be fighting the problem yourself.

* which is a nonsense question anyway since, outside fringe radfems, I've seen feminists treat male domestic abuse with nothing but contempt

Normally, you'd be right... except for the constant refrain about how "feminism is for men, too."

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9764 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:16 pm »
I just realized that I'm absolutely fucking useless.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".