Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072555 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9930 on: May 07, 2016, 10:34:25 am »
Gonna take a guess and say it's probably this one:

(click to show/hide)

That's the one.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9931 on: May 07, 2016, 01:15:52 pm »
It took me an hour to get to the place where we play RPGs. Less than two hours later my wife sends a message that one of our kids is throwing up. Another hour later I'm at home. I spent more time sitting in a car than playing. (Much less actually. I came there two hours after the game had supposedly started, because I often work at weekends and couldn't get there sooner. It took on more hour before the game even began. I rolled once.)

Since diseases like this usually hit the entire family, this also means that I am going to miss my shift tomorrow which is  Sunday (and means that I would have gotten +100% to my paycheck due to working on a Sunday.)

On the positive side, my boss completely understands missing work due to something like this and he will find out if I can get sick-day pay even though I can't get to a doctor to get a verification for being sick.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9932 on: May 08, 2016, 01:41:10 pm »
People who copy and paste the exact same argument to every person they respond to, even in response to comments debunking that very argument. 

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9933 on: May 09, 2016, 06:07:22 am »
People who copy and paste the exact same argument to every person they respond to, even in response to comments debunking that very argument. 

Do they first say "Bullshit" or "not related to OH PEE" to denounce the claim before copy pasting the argument? And then quote their own comment in the next comment again and add a smiley with sunglasses? ...And then add another comment with just the smiley? Because there's a dude who has a huge sig and he keeps doing that all the time.

In other issues: I am getting tired of two groups on the net. The HFY (Humanity Fuck Yeah) wankers and the "Muggleborn kids in Hogwarts" wankers. Both seem to be nothing but "everyone who isn't us sucks and we are much better." And yes, I am using that description for people who talk about fictional settings because to me that seems to be their motivation. They insert themselves into the fiction and then start writing about why they are better than the fictional aliens or witches.

Like I just talked about traveling to moon with magic and folks start talking about how the wizarding world sucks compared to muggles since they haven't gone to the moon. ...The wizards in Potterverse are shown to have several spells that let you breath underwater and some of these could presumably be altered to allow breathing in space. They have spells and magical devices that allow them to fly. They have teleportation spells and time machines. And even the Weasleys had a tent that was bigger on the inside than outside.

If a wizard decided that he wants to go for a stroll on the moon what is stopping them from snatching a police box, making it really roomy (to hold enough air) then casting a few more spells that allow it to fly and they'd be off to the moon and back before teatime. Particularly since they could use that time-machine spell and make sure that they get back to their starting point before they have even left.

And the HFY really gets boring when people just make up reasons for why humans are better than aliens in every conceivable way. What really annoys me here is that the first post that started this meme wasn't about humans being better than everyone. It was about how humans are always the "average" in game settings and how it would be more fun if some other species was the "so average in every way" and humans were given one of the niches, like being the mean and tough warrior species.

GODFUCKINGDAMNITEDIT: Then I get a message saying "b-but what about radiation? Space has radiation and that would kill the wizardss?!"

How many times do I have to say MAGIC! before people get that when you have wizards with the powers of immortality at their hands it's kinda hard to limit what they can do. MUTHAFUCKING SPACE WIZARDS!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:12:42 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9934 on: May 09, 2016, 09:32:59 am »
Eeh, you gotta admit that most wizards in the Potterverse born in the wizarding world are...kinda fucking stupid.  For fuck's sake, the Ministry's so-called "muggle expert" doesn't know the function of a muggle bath toy.  Their magic is kind of seriously broken in terms of what it can do, but that's limited by the rather severely lacking intelligence and creative ability of, like, 99% of the people casting it.  And that's not getting into what may as well be their de facto dictatorship.  The wizarding world is pretty backwards and barbaric, though I believe Rowling said that was intentional.

[ETA]

As for an irritant of mine?  People assuming that, because you're, quote, "getting old," that you'll eventually drop games with massive, epic stories, hundreds of hours of gameplay, replay value out the ass, and gigantic worlds in favour of bullshit like Candy Crush because "hurr durr I don't gots da tiem anymoar to do da complicated stuff."  Listen here, you piece of fucking shit, I'm gonna be 27 this year, and my gaming tastes have significantly changed since I was ten.  My play style has changed a bit, I'm more focused on Rule of Cool and being an unstoppable combat monster, but even the most shitwrecking castle killer can take the time to enjoy an epic world.  I resent the implication that, just because that dipshit number of mine is increasing, that I have to drop "kid stuff" because I'm "growing up."  Get fucked, by the Breachmaker's drilling laser.  First off, I'd rather cut off my genitals than have children, so that's one major distraction I'll never have in my life.  Second, just because I'll have a job doesn't mean that I'll suddenly start spending my free time watching TV Hulu like a braindead zombie.  I'll keep with the extra big-ass games because they're damn well satisfying.  You fucks can move on to cow clickers on your smartphones, if you like.  Me?  I'm staying with the RPGs that basically inspired me to pick up the trade I've chosen in life.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:44:05 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9935 on: May 12, 2016, 10:21:59 am »
Do they first say "Bullshit" or "not related to OH PEE" to denounce the claim before copy pasting the argument? And then quote their own comment in the next comment again and add a smiley with sunglasses? ...And then add another comment with just the smiley? Because there's a dude who has a huge sig and he keeps doing that all the time.

It's no one on this forum.

What makes me want to bash my head against the wall are those who are quick to defend trigger happy cops.  Here's one such video.  She was being given a ticket for riding her bike in a mall parking lot.  She makes one move and the cop goes apeshit.  Yet there are so many comments praising the cop because "resisting arrest hurr durr hurr durr"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9936 on: May 12, 2016, 10:57:29 am »
Well, obviously they are not on this forum. We all would have noticed it and I would have banned them already.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9937 on: May 12, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »
You'd actually ban people for having shitty opinions?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9938 on: May 12, 2016, 06:44:16 pm »
You'd actually ban people for having shitty opinions?
Did I mention how fucking huge their sig is and how much of the thread they fill just by posting twice or three times in a row when each of the actual "messages" is just a smileyface or a single sentence quote, both of which will be repeated again and again? Also, his "opinions" are mainly starting a thread with the title "Cuntclinton [something something] niggers ...prove me wrong women" and the entire body of the OP is " 8) " and 5 minutes later he has posted "I guess everyone agrees with me then." which will be followed by a post that is a quote of the previous one and a third post which is " 8) " (The fact that a lot of people have him on ignore either does not register in his mind or he is just preaching to the people who don't have him on ignore.)

So...  Yeah I guess I am willing to ban a dude just because of their shitty opinions. If you guys think that UP is annoying you haven't seen anything.

Actually here's a list of the types of threads he starts:
" Guccifer...CuntClinton...FBI....and DA POKEY
 DickClitman, husband of CuntClinton, Shits on Obama!
 CuntClinton and FISTING!
 Terror, Disease, Demoh Craps and PEE, "

That last bit was about how Democrats are fighting to allow transpersons to use the bathroom of the gender they identify as. ...Or as James Woods said it "fighting to allow men to pee in women's room."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9939 on: May 12, 2016, 06:48:34 pm »
Oh, I didn't realise you were talking about someone specific. I thought you mean anyone who cares to defend dickhead cops.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9940 on: May 15, 2016, 12:20:56 pm »
When an make some detailed response to someone and they don't reply. I spent all that time being polite and making a response to your views, could you bother trying to produce a rebuttal?

You might win the argument by default from that, at least in some cases.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9941 on: May 17, 2016, 05:06:00 am »
When something shitty takes a good name (Mother Jones magazine, Insane Clown Posy, ect.)
Don't forget about Lunatic Mime Germanium or Crazy Acrobat Daffodil. Those dickheads are the worst.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9942 on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:34 am »
When something shitty takes a good name (Mother Jones magazine, Insane Clown Posy, ect.)
Don't forget about Lunatic Mime Germanium or Crazy Acrobat Daffodil. Those dickheads are the worst.

I'm still angry that they didn't name Delphox "Mozilla." All that sweet, sweet advertisement revenue waste :(
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Souriquois

• Apprentice
  • Laurentian Elite
    • Playing the Race Card
« Reply #9943 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:45 pm »
People who chew too loud.

People who walk and text.

Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent. - Pierre Elliott Trudeau

If you're not uncomfortable, you're not growing - Thomas J. Watson

The best defense against bullshit is vigilance, so if you smell something say something - Jon Stewart

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9944 on: May 17, 2016, 04:53:15 pm »
People who get a thread to page 666 without me.