Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070161 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1800 on: August 05, 2012, 08:57:40 pm »
That this morning I decided to freak out over a Katydid on my phone. I don't usually freak out over bugs, but I just did for some reason, today.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1801 on: August 06, 2012, 10:52:06 am »
when people say "on accident" instead of "by accident", I don't know why it bothers me, it just does.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1802 on: August 06, 2012, 01:53:00 pm »
when people say "on accident" instead of "by accident", I don't know why it bothers me, it just does.

It bothers you because it is bad grammar and they should feel bad.

I hate watching members of this forum argue so much. It makes me sad.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1803 on: August 06, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »
So I'm sitting in my dining room, talking to my brothers, when we look outside and see a woman standing in front of our house, writing things in a notepad. So we go outside to see what's going on, and she says to us that our house numbers aren't correct. They're supposed to be brass, and ours aren't. And then she tells us that we're not allowed to have toys in our front yard, nor is the recycling can allowed to be there.

Says who? Well, apparently there is a community board that has deemed what is acceptable and what is not acceptable for the houses in the neighborhood.

Then a man comes up and starts talking to us, and we learn that he's been looking into our (fenced in) backyard, and has taken pictures of everything they feel is a violation.

That doesn't sound very legal to me.

Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1804 on: August 06, 2012, 05:30:11 pm »
Wait.  Quick question but do you have a home owners association?

Ironbite-cause if not yeah...not very legal.  Also I hate HOAs.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1805 on: August 06, 2012, 05:30:54 pm »
Possibly. Probably, yeah.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1806 on: August 06, 2012, 05:34:04 pm »
Look into it and then try to find out if you belong to said HOA.  If you don't...their rules probably won't apply to you.

Ironbite-also that's incredibly creepy thing to do

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1807 on: August 06, 2012, 05:37:22 pm »
Tell them you're more concerned about the suddenly ambulatory assholes cluttering up the streets.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1808 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:33 pm »
So I'm sitting in my dining room, talking to my brothers, when we look outside and see a woman standing in front of our house, writing things in a notepad. So we go outside to see what's going on, and she says to us that our house numbers aren't correct. They're supposed to be brass, and ours aren't. And then she tells us that we're not allowed to have toys in our front yard, nor is the recycling can allowed to be there.

Says who? Well, apparently there is a community board that has deemed what is acceptable and what is not acceptable for the houses in the neighborhood.

Then a man comes up and starts talking to us, and we learn that he's been looking into our (fenced in) backyard, and has taken pictures of everything they feel is a violation.

Should've told them you'd take pictures of them, because you feel they're a violation of your privacy.

Watch em writhe.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1809 on: August 06, 2012, 06:17:38 pm »
I will always avoid neighborhoods with any HOA bullshit for that very reason. Don't fucking tell me my numbers have to be brass, or my yard has to be a certain way, or what the fuck ever. I bought the goddamn thing, I'll decorate how I please.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1810 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
I could understand if you had giant, bronze-plated dick statues in your yard or something, but they're always such pussies.  "You gotta have St. Augustine grass!"  "You gotta have my boot up your ass, get the fuck off my lawn."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1811 on: August 06, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »

That is the most ridiculous thing ever.

I know my grandmother's sister was forced to build a fence around her air conditioning unit because of a similar thing. Apparently air conditioning units are so unsightly that they must remain unseen.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1812 on: August 06, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »
You'll take my plastic pink flamingos only from my cold, dead hands!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1813 on: August 06, 2012, 09:43:31 pm »

My solution. Just smile and nod to their faces, then cover your house in Christmas lights and decorations.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1814 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:42 pm »
Year round.  Never take them down.