Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074672 times)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2295 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18:51 pm »
Bleh. So, my cat's in overnight at the vet to get spayed, and while the surgery apparently went well, the fact that she's been in continual heat adds an extra $100 onto the total bill. Total cost (including tattoo and microchip) is going to be nearly $400. I want to bodyslam her former owner right now.

Between this and the broken tooth, I'm not having a particularly good day.

Eat some chocolate and dance around to your favorite songs. And sing along. That always makes me feel better. :)
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2296 on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:40 pm »
You know, I've tried all different kinds of toothpaste, its all nasty to me and can't tell the difference between any of the kinds, but thanks anyway.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2297 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »
You know, I've tried all different kinds of toothpaste, its all nasty to me and can't tell the difference between any of the kinds, but thanks anyway.

Have you tried Biotene? I can't tolerate strong toothpaste either and have always gagged at it, but Biotene is extremely mild, and this is coming from someone who finds mint to be painful.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2298 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »
No, I'll make a note of it, and look for it. Thanks.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2299 on: October 05, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »
No problem. It's more expensive, but totally worth it, in my opinion, especially since you don't go through toothpaste very quickly.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #2300 on: October 06, 2012, 04:53:53 am »
I think that despite how much I've been trying, I'm starting to actually forget some of the stuff I've learned in Russian. I'm starting to get lucky if I can remember the conjugations for a few small sentences right now.

Oh, and having raging insomnia while debating a major change (these being two of a bunch of things) at the same time as this is really helping my stress levels.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2301 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »
Cheez Doodles, I love them, but I hate how they stain your fingers orange.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2302 on: October 06, 2012, 02:56:07 pm »
I have my dental surgery coming up in a week, and they've given me this super-mouthwash to use twice a day until then. Every last thing I eat after taking it tastes like ass.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Saturn500

« Reply #2303 on: October 06, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »
I accidentally activated hard mode in La-Mulana because I forgot about the warning about reading a certain mural twice. And from what I've heard, hard mode is a complete and total pain in the ass, to put it mildly. Oh, and the game doesn't tell you you've just entered hard mode, so I wound up saving in hard.

Luckily, I had accidentally (don't ask) created a backup save three hours of play time prior. Turns out much of those three hours were spent aimlessly wandering, so I didn't need to redo too much. But it was still very irritating.

Maybe I'll revisit hard mode in a second playthrough.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2304 on: October 06, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »
My fan died today. I find it very difficult to sleep without a fan on because I have a hard time sleeping in silence. The annoying thing is that every store I went to has already put their fans and stuff away. You can't buy a fan in early October, but if you're looking to get a christmas tree three months early, YOU'RE IN LUCK.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2305 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »
My fan died today.

At first, I read this as meaning that someone who was a fan of you died today. It made the rest of the post quite amusing.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2306 on: October 06, 2012, 07:48:28 pm »
Yes, I need to have at least one fan in the room with me telling me how much they love my work. You could call me an egomaniac, but I prefer to call myself an eccentric.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2307 on: October 06, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »
I have my dental surgery coming up in a week, and they've given me this super-mouthwash to use twice a day until then. Every last thing I eat after taking it tastes like ass.

That happens with me and toothpaste.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:17:25 am by Nicki »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2308 on: October 07, 2012, 12:04:28 am »
I realized that the loud humming noise that makes it very difficult for me to fall asleep every night isn't a neighbor's AC unit.  I think the electric boxes for the entire building are directly above my bedroom.  They're very loud, and this means that they're not going to stop all winter.  I'm going to have to run an electric fan in my bedroom to drown out the noise even when it is 2 degrees out.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2309 on: October 07, 2012, 12:39:36 am »
You could try not pointing it at you, aiming it out of the room, or maybe getting a small room heater and put it behind the fan where it's blowing around warm air instead of cold.