Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2110156 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9345 on: November 07, 2015, 11:51:46 am »
Fuck, I don't even know. If I never have to deal with with suicidal talk alone in person, it'll be too soon.

That sounds incredibly jackass-ish. I'm sorry.

no, it doesn't. it's an intense conversation by any stretch for any concerned. you're either not ready (and you might never be, and that's ok), or not cut out for it, and that's ok, too. i thrive on it, because it gives me an occasion to share insight. i hit the lowest humanly possible before, and i'm climbing out of it one day at a time, and if my experience can help get someone to climb back out of the abyss, then i've done all i can for my fellow man. it's mentally draining, but it's worth it in the end.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9346 on: November 07, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »
So I picked up a steam wallet card to buy Fallout 4 and turns out I am nine goddamn cents short of buying the game.
Do you have any trading cards or gem bags on hand? Selling those is a good way to get a minuscule amount of money relatively quickly.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9347 on: November 07, 2015, 09:42:13 pm »
Meanwhile, I am almost LITERALLY dying, since I got 3 days til my XBone/Fallout 4 bundle pre-order arrives.  I can feel my blood boiling into some kind of superfluid in a desperate attempt to escape the confines of my flesh.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9348 on: November 07, 2015, 09:46:27 pm »
To me, Fallout 4 isn't out until the worst of the bugs are patched out, all the DLC is released and bundled into a "complete edition" or whatever and the price is lowered to something more reasonable.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9349 on: November 07, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »
"Truthers" are just as easily manipulated and blindly lead around as the "sheeple" they scorn; they're just owned by a different shepherd.

But seriously, fuck Sandy Hook truthers.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9350 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:31 pm »
It more than annoys me to be honest, but I've never known how to deal with people telling me they want to die. I just freeze up, hoping I don't say some fucking embarrassing platitude or thing that'll make them feel guilty about their suicidal depression, and then I end up saying an embarrassing platitude anyway. I'm only writing this so that I'll feel better about griping about my own problems in this thread.

Things that annoy me: when raging assholes like the same things I do, or have good taste in art, music etc.

have you tried simply accepting it? like "oh, ok. right. uh, wanna talk about it or play a hand of cards or something?" and move on, unless the person actually wants a friendly ear without fear of judgement. from experience, there are two kinds of suicidal talks. one is venting (i believe is called suicidal ideation, but check it) and is closer to depression and helplessness, but not "true" admittance of being suicidal. the other kind is the real thing, and tends to  be discreet, and days or weeks before the act. that's the one you've got to watch out for, and mental health professionals are trained to root that one out.

i've talked to my friends about it, and even though they disagree with me on the subject, they accept it gives me comfort to ultimately decide my fate, reducing the helplessness of mental illness, if you will. it felt good talking about it, even if the event is decades away.

David Foster Wallace
“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9351 on: November 07, 2015, 11:54:01 pm »
wow, lizard, that was exceptionnally on point, and very true. it's really what i feel, with one caveat. i'm not afraid of jumping, but i've come to terms with what society and posterity demands of me first. prior obligations that keep me trucking, if you will.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #9352 on: November 08, 2015, 10:16:00 am »
It annoys me when people misuse the term "parody". No, it's not a parody if you have a character from another fandom sing a song from Frozen or whatever with a few words changed, it has to actually parodize the original. Fuck.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9353 on: November 09, 2015, 01:42:35 am »
Lots of people in Finland also love to point out that many of the refugees are grown men, or "bearded-kids" as they like to say and complain that they should have sent the kids and stayed to fight.

a) Syrian civil war split the country in several factions, which one of them should they fight for?

b) Yes, we are getting people who have served in the military among the refugees... For example, the people who were in the Iraqi military when it was under US rule and the ISIS doesn't exactly like them. Saying that they shouldn't have left the country is like saying that the Polish military should have stayed in the country and supported Nazi/Soviet regime after their country was taken over.

c) Speaking of Poland, Finland did at one point send back a group of refugees from Poland. They were Jews who were escaping Poland after it was taken over by Germany. Finland did not allow them to stay and sent them back (probably straight to a concentration camp) because "Poland was a safe region."

d) There is a reason why young men are highly represented among the refugees who come to Finland. The treacherous journey is highly lethal and young men are much more likely to get this far, or even survive, than the old and children.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9354 on: November 10, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »
Bullshit my Bro in law says:
You shouldn't be embarrassed about it. We knew you put flyers out but what are people signing up for? Great opp for you to get more people there if you explained yourself. By not explaining, you seem embarrassed about what you're doing. Sad.

Hmmm why would I be embarrassed?? Maybe because it's assholes like you and the rest of the family who've turned every fucking family get to-gather into the "Let's make Nicki a walking punchline" show where my life is a joke, and every thing that happens to me needs to made into a joke. Maybe this is the reason why I have self-esteem issues over the smallest things due to those jokes being the core of every get to-gather since as long as I can remember. And they wonder I would rather stay in my room for most of these get to-gathers.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9355 on: November 11, 2015, 10:11:06 am »
Your family dynamics are toxic. Sometimes estrangement is the healthy alternative course. I recommend it, having done that so I could finally get on with my life. In my case, I moved to another state and made a clean cut for the first two years, just made brief calls with ID block on so they would know I was alive and safe, and sent birthday and holiday cards with no return address on them.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9356 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »
FUCK it all the stupid run around that I'm getting from the Police, and the stupid places that are billing me for the X-rays, and te CT scan I had to get in relation with the whole me getting hit by the car.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9357 on: November 11, 2015, 01:13:26 pm »
...Starcraft 2 and Fallout 4 both came out on my birthday and I don't have a computer that would run either of them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9358 on: November 12, 2015, 01:13:14 pm »
My mom.

Ok, story time kids.  So we have foxes in the neighborhood.  Mostly because A)we're encroaching on their habitat due to overbuilding and B)we have bunnies.  So last night, my dog Murph and her...."cousin" Puddles saw a fox.  No big deal, they're on leashes, a quick pull back controls them.  So my sister, who is Puddles' mom, was getting ready to leave and the gormless idiot had the door open in preparation.  Then Mr. Fox walked across the street and somehow, Murph saw him.  And somehow managed to open the glass screen door and shot out of the house like a rocket, my parents and sister in hot pursuit.  So my dad manages to get across the street and get Murph to come to him right?  Well, my sister picks up Murph, carries her into the house and my mom is in hysterics.  Then my dad trips over a crack and falls down and my mom, despite assurances from my dad that he's ok, is screaming that it's his heart, cause my dad has a history of heart problems.  I'm trying to reassure my mom he's ok but she's not having any of it.  And it's just so fucking annoying.

Ironbite-also I'm pretty sure my mom has low level dementia so I got that to look forward to.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9359 on: November 12, 2015, 04:28:17 pm »
Wow. That's definitely a symptom of something neurological, even if it's just panic disorder. Would she be willing to see a neurologist or even a shrink? Imagine if she went into that panicky screaming state while driving, like after a near miss, or somebody just blares their horn nearby.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.