Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075962 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2820 on: December 15, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »
I almost found myself without anyone to flush my portacath after the new year cause my insurance was being a tit about it.

But my nurse told me before it got to that point so now I have to fight to get a referral and hope it gets pushed thru before I find myself needing my port for an infection and no one can help access it.

It's so lovely they don't let you know prior and they make you have to keep up with it all when you've got a billion other things on your plate.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2821 on: December 15, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »
I know it's been happening for over a century, but idiots bringing Northern Ireland's problems over here is still not welcome.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2822 on: December 16, 2012, 09:28:36 am »
I wish they made bags of laffy taffy without the banana flavored ones.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2823 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:44 pm »
In the bag of assorted Jolly Rancher candies, why do they have to put so many Cherry flavored ones in it.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2824 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:41 pm »
In the bag of assorted Jolly Rancher candies, why do they have to put so many Cherry flavored ones in it.
Same reason cheap dealers will cut their cocaine with flour.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2825 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »
Finding out that your brother is Randroid who won't listen to ANY criticism, constructive or otherwise, of the philosophy..  He picked up Atlas Shrugged on suggestion from one of his classmates at school, and has completely bought into the whole book.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:56:24 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2826 on: December 16, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »
Finding out that your brother is Randroid who won't listen to ANY criticism, constructive or otherwise, of the philosophy..  He picked up Atlas Shrugged on suggestion from one of his classmates at school, and has completely bought into the whole book.

Ugh... I fell into that craze once. I grew out of it after I learned more about Rand, she's a complete hypocrite.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2827 on: December 16, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »
Its funny how all these leaders of X-supremacy ideologies seem to never fit into their own ideals.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2828 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:02 pm »
Its funny how all these leaders of X-supremacy ideologies seem to never fit into their own ideals.

In case you were wondering about what her specific "hypocrisy" was then this page explains it well:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFQQFjAD&url=http://atheism.about.com/b/2011/02/06/ayn-rand-welfare-queen-living-high-on-government-assistance.htm&ei=l5nOUMOTJoeO8wSD24CoDQ&usg=AFQjCNElM1zI4ERe5gqd5yCgMAmDfBOM6Q&sig2=eemQCH2sh-pPRfDRJtb9zA&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.eWU

Randists use really terrible excuses for her hypocrisy too. If you mention this to any randist, their first response is "She's just taking back what was stolen from her".

The Myth - Ayn Rand violated her own philosophy by collecting social security.

The Truth:
This is the same as claiming that if you are against robbery, and you were one of Bernie Madoff's victims, you violate your principles by putting in a claim for partial restitution.

She addressed a similar issue in her article "The Question of Scholarships,” The Objectivist, June, 1966. From that article:

"Many students of Objectivism are troubled by a certain kind of moral dilemma confronting them in today’s society. We are frequently asked the questions: “Is it morally proper to accept scholarships, private or public?” and: “Is it morally proper for an advocate of capitalism to accept a government research grant or a government job?” (more mid way down the page)

Source for this quote: http://www.aynrandmyths.com/#22

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2829 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:32 pm »
You see this? This right here?

This is our kitchen sink. And those are dishes. Lots and lots of dishes. It is FULL of unwashed dishes. And you know what? That's not even all that bad compared to how terrible it HAS been before.

There are four people living here: me, Boything, Housemate, and his wife. Boything and I are the only two people who do dishes and we don't even really use that many. But somehow, Wife and Housemate manage to produce at least five or six new dirty pots and plates every time they cook and they NEVER, EVER CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES. THey don't even scrape their plates in the bin, so it attracts bugs and sometimes even gets moldy. One time I was washing the sinkful of dishes and some plates at the bottom were SO FILTHY that they were all moldy and even had maggots living in the putrefied gunk.

It is disgusting. I hate it. Nothing works to get them to clean up after themselves. Housemate isn't too bad and will occasionally clean his stuff up, but his wife produces a good 75% of all the dirty shit in that kitchen (most of the dirty dishes you can't even see because they're just piled on the table behind me and have been there for WEEKS) and never ever washes up. Because of my job situation and Boything's injury, money is tight so we can't pay much for rent and it's pretty sporadic when I can manage THAT, so we don't have any power to tell them to clean up after themselves. Housemate is just letting us live here because we have nowhere else to go. Boything has tried telling them they need to clean up because it's a health hazard, but they don't clean up. We even tried just NOT cleaning up after them to see how they'd like living in filth--what happened was that a month and a half went by when nobody was doing dishes and the kitchen was invested with maggots and the dishes were moldy and nasty. Boything and I try to keep on top of things but we just can't. Literally every time we manage to get the sink cleared out and the dishes clean, later that day Housemate and Wife managed to dirty three pots, four pans, eight plates, three bowls, and half the silverware. I have no idea how they even MAKE that many dirty dishes. I cook for myself and Boything and manage to make less than four or five dirty dishes at worst. Housemate's wife cooks for herself only and dirties half of our stuff.

I'm so sick of living like this. It's gross. It's disgusting. I hate it. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. But there's nothing I can do about it and it makes me want to scream. I'm not even a neat freak or a tidy person. But this is too much even for me.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2830 on: December 17, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »
So I loaned my brother and his girlfriend my car to drive her home last night. I went to the grocery store in it today, and happened to see a red mark in the back seat.

(click to show/hide)
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2831 on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »
So I loaned my brother and his girlfriend my car to drive her home last night. I went to the grocery store in it today, and happened to see a red mark in the back seat.

(click to show/hide)

Good god, that's fucking awful. It's kinda dickish anyway to do it in your sibling's car, in my opinion, but to leave it dirty, too? Have some manners.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2832 on: December 17, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »
The shit ton of gun control related shit on my FB newsfeed.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2833 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:43 am »
You see this? This right here?

This is our kitchen sink. And those are dishes. Lots and lots of dishes. It is FULL of unwashed dishes. And you know what? That's not even all that bad compared to how terrible it HAS been before.

There are four people living here: me, Boything, Housemate, and his wife. Boything and I are the only two people who do dishes and we don't even really use that many. But somehow, Wife and Housemate manage to produce at least five or six new dirty pots and plates every time they cook and they NEVER, EVER CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES. THey don't even scrape their plates in the bin, so it attracts bugs and sometimes even gets moldy. One time I was washing the sinkful of dishes and some plates at the bottom were SO FILTHY that they were all moldy and even had maggots living in the putrefied gunk.

It is disgusting. I hate it. Nothing works to get them to clean up after themselves. Housemate isn't too bad and will occasionally clean his stuff up, but his wife produces a good 75% of all the dirty shit in that kitchen (most of the dirty dishes you can't even see because they're just piled on the table behind me and have been there for WEEKS) and never ever washes up. Because of my job situation and Boything's injury, money is tight so we can't pay much for rent and it's pretty sporadic when I can manage THAT, so we don't have any power to tell them to clean up after themselves. Housemate is just letting us live here because we have nowhere else to go. Boything has tried telling them they need to clean up because it's a health hazard, but they don't clean up. We even tried just NOT cleaning up after them to see how they'd like living in filth--what happened was that a month and a half went by when nobody was doing dishes and the kitchen was invested with maggots and the dishes were moldy and nasty. Boything and I try to keep on top of things but we just can't. Literally every time we manage to get the sink cleared out and the dishes clean, later that day Housemate and Wife managed to dirty three pots, four pans, eight plates, three bowls, and half the silverware. I have no idea how they even MAKE that many dirty dishes. I cook for myself and Boything and manage to make less than four or five dirty dishes at worst. Housemate's wife cooks for herself only and dirties half of our stuff.

I'm so sick of living like this. It's gross. It's disgusting. I hate it. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. But there's nothing I can do about it and it makes me want to scream. I'm not even a neat freak or a tidy person. But this is too much even for me.

Uuuugghhhh... *Tries to drown the images of maggot infestation*  That's a pretty penguin potholder... pretty pengy pretty pengy pretty pengy...

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2834 on: December 18, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »
I have to say it's pretty damned annoying when The Weather Channel airs Local on the 8's that's not local weather.  Local weather should mean LOCAL WEATHER.  I really don't care if it's raining in Seattle or whatever, you dopes.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.