Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070116 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4290 on: July 05, 2013, 12:56:53 am »
Speaking of messed-up jaws, if I open my mouth wide enough (for instance, if I yawn) sometimes my right jaw joint will lock in place and I won't be able to close my mouth unless I basically punch my jaw back into place. One time it got stuck for an hour before I could fix it. Freaked me the hell out.

If it keeps doing that, or gets worse,  you might want to get it looked at.  Sometimes a tendon or ligament needs tightening, or something's shifted that things aren't sitting square in place anymore.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4291 on: July 05, 2013, 03:06:51 am »
Speaking of messed-up jaws, if I open my mouth wide enough (for instance, if I yawn) sometimes my right jaw joint will lock in place and I won't be able to close my mouth unless I basically punch my jaw back into place. One time it got stuck for an hour before I could fix it. Freaked me the hell out.

If it keeps doing that, or gets worse,  you might want to get it looked at.  Sometimes a tendon or ligament needs tightening, or something's shifted that things aren't sitting square in place anymore.
If it's been going on for a while, get it looked at now. No reason to wait.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4292 on: July 05, 2013, 09:33:38 am »
Lock jaw is something you shouldn't wait to get it looked at... if it gets too bad you may end up not being able to eat or speak.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4293 on: July 05, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »
 My red highlights are seriously starting to fade, and I have to wait at least a month to get them redone(one day I need to go full on ginger).

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4294 on: July 06, 2013, 12:33:57 am »
My red highlights are seriously starting to fade, and I have to wait at least a month to get them redone(one day I need to go full on ginger).
My best friend had the same problem, due to going swimming (chlorine filled pool) daily. At this point, her black and red Omega hair is now just light brown.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4295 on: July 06, 2013, 12:42:00 am »
Last time I had it done was in April/May, so it's been awhile. The special shampoo I use helps in making it last. It's just that I'm trying my best to save money for the Comic Con I'm going to in October.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4296 on: July 06, 2013, 01:03:42 am »
Last time I had it done was in April/May, so it's been awhile. The special shampoo I use helps in making it last. It's just that I'm trying my best to save money for the Comic Con I'm going to in October.
Ahh, okay. My black hair has gone back to brown and I just haven't had the money to get black. She's just been too forgetful to get hers fixed, plus realized it would just get screwed up again.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4297 on: July 06, 2013, 03:42:13 am »
Lock jaw is something you shouldn't wait to get it looked at... if it gets too bad you may end up not being able to eat or speak.

Holy crap, seriously? I've had this problem since I was a little kid. It's always kinda stayed the same: annoying, but manageable. That's probably good advice regardless, though.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4298 on: July 06, 2013, 04:25:04 am »

That happens to me too. I went to doctor a long time a go but all she did was give me some instructions for excercising my jaw.

Now if I ever bothered to do those then it might actually help...

My jaw basically dislocates whenever I open it too much and although it hasn't gotten stuck, more than a few times years ago, closing my mouth happens in a weird fashion as my jaw does a z shaped movement to get past the point where it would get stuck. I had been doing that for over 20 years before I even realised it. It just seemed natural for me that my jaw does a *crack* sound and those movements.

In hindsight someone in my family should have noticed it earlier if not me.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4299 on: July 06, 2013, 04:45:52 am »

Holy crap, seriously? I've had this problem since I was a little kid. It's always kinda stayed the same: annoying, but manageable. That's probably good advice regardless, though.
If it's been around since your childhood and it's stayed the same, then unless it gets to being a real problem for you, I don't think it's indicative of anything immediately dangerous like lockjaw (tetanus), which is caused by a microbe.  Could be a genetic quirk in your jaw that makes it not quite as tight as the average person.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:32:27 am by SpaceProg »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4300 on: July 06, 2013, 10:49:01 am »
Though, getting it looked at might net you some methods to mitigate it.  If you can do so without breaking your bank, tis worth a shot, I'd think.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4301 on: July 06, 2013, 06:35:47 pm »

If it isn't lockjaw, it's still something to get looked at. Your mouth serves some pretty important functions for living. So yeah. I'd still get it looked at if possible.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4302 on: July 06, 2013, 06:53:58 pm »
Went airsofting. Bought new fingerless gloves for it.

Got shot in the hand on the match where I forgot gloves.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4303 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:32 pm »
People who Godwin the stupidest things. In the local paper there was this guy writing to the editor to bitch about a $35 parking ticket he received in error, calling the officer who gave out the ticket a "Nazi."

Right, because accidentally being mildly inconvenienced is totally comparable to being tortured and murdered in a death camp. Good to know.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4304 on: July 06, 2013, 07:40:32 pm »

Now you're just trying to seduce me.