Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075682 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4575 on: July 30, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »
When I get bug bites on my hands and I end up itching like crazy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4576 on: July 30, 2013, 04:41:04 pm »
I am so very sick of my roommate/parents/younger siblings making "jokes" about how "lazy" I am ("Hmm, I wonder if she'll do anything today... of course she won't! Hahaha!") when I'm killing time (instead of myself) while waiting for my prescription be renewed/filled/picked up.

Waitwhat, this is a "minor, unimportant things that bug you" thread? In that case, I hate hashtags.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4577 on: July 30, 2013, 04:46:33 pm »
Minecraft mod scene rant inbound!

One thing that irritates the fuck outta me is the author of GregTech, GregoriousT.  Ya see, in his quest to make the game as teeth-grindingly difficult as fucking possible, he decided to nerf the vanilla recipe to get wood planks: you'd only get 2 planks per log instead of 4.  Why?  The likely reason is because nobody was using his useless fucking sawmill machine, and instead of making the MACHINE better, he fucked with a core mechanic of Minecraft itself.  However, that's not the end of it.  Ya see, another mod, Tinker's Construct (made by mDiyo), relies quite a bit on wood, and when these two were mixed, GregTech badly fucked with the progression of Tinker's Construct.  So, mDiyo added code in to detect if the plank recipe has been altered, and if it has, to return it to normal.  Again, may not have been the best way to go around it, but whatever.

What does Greg do in response to this?  Does he act like a rational, sane human being and ask mDiyo about his mod interfering with GregTech?  NOPE.  He throws a shitfit and injects malicious code that causes Minecraft to crash if Tinker's Construct is detected.  Again, he decided to punish the PLAYERS for the decisions of a fellow mod author.  The same shit SirSengir did when Technic refused to remove Forestry.  Except, after the bullshit blew over, Sengir removed the malicious code, and people were allowed to add it to Technic should they desire to.  The malicious code in GregTech is still there, its just turned off.

Greg, apparently, has it in his head that, if he wants to fuck with a mod, then he can without ever talking once to said mod's author(s).  From what I can recall, this bit him HARD in the ass when he tried it with RedPower and Eloraam, one of the fucking authors of Forge, the API that damn near every mod in existence uses, rightfully kicked his ass for it.  He's the one person I'm leery of when it comes to creating and releasing my mod, should it become popular.  I don't want him to fuck with my mod's balance; he can add whatever he pleases and can suggest balance changes if he thinks some need to be made, but I don't want him fucking with it without at least asking me, first.

Am I right in thinking that, since its MY fucking mod, I have a right to say what is and isn't done to it?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4578 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »
I am so very sick of my roommate/parents/younger siblings making "jokes" about how "lazy" I am ("Hmm, I wonder if she'll do anything today... of course she won't! Hahaha!") when I'm killing time (instead of myself) while waiting for my prescription be renewed/filled/picked up.

Waitwhat, this is a "minor, unimportant things that bug you" thread? In that case, I hate hashtags.

It can be either minor or major.  Just stuff that annoys you.  Lets you vent a little here.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4579 on: July 30, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »
I hate the mini tripadvisor pop up that comes on whenever you go on tripadvisor.

I'm already on their website, so I don't understand what it's purpose is apart from being a pain in the arse.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4580 on: July 30, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »
I hate the mini tripadvisor pop up that comes on whenever you go on tripadvisor.

I'm already on their website, so I don't understand what it's purpose is apart from being a pain in the arse.

That reminded me of another hate, although I've not encountered it for a while.

Products that keep advertising to you after you've bought them.  I've had things in the past where I've opened the packaging and inside there's some marketing bumpf that's telling me how awesome the product is.  You don't have to keep trying to convince me to buy it; I've already bought the bloody thing, you monkey spankers.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4581 on: July 30, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »

One thing that irritates the fuck outta me is the author of GregTech, GregoriousT.  Ya see, in his quest to make the game as teeth-grindingly difficult as fucking possible, he decided to nerf the vanilla recipe to get wood planks: you'd only get 2 planks per log instead of 4.  Why?  The likely reason is because nobody was using his useless fucking sawmill machine, and instead of making the MACHINE better, he fucked with a core mechanic of Minecraft itself.  However, that's not the end of it.  Ya see, another mod, Tinker's Construct (made by mDiyo), relies quite a bit on wood, and when these two were mixed, GregTech badly fucked with the progression of Tinker's Construct.  So, mDiyo added code in to detect if the plank recipe has been altered, and if it has, to return it to normal.  Again, may not have been the best way to go around it, but whatever.

What does Greg do in response to this?  Does he act like a rational, sane human being and ask mDiyo about his mod interfering with GregTech?  NOPE.  He throws a shitfit and injects malicious code that causes Minecraft to crash if Tinker's Construct is detected.  Again, he decided to punish the PLAYERS for the decisions of a fellow mod author.  The same shit SirSengir did when Technic refused to remove Forestry.  Except, after the bullshit blew over, Sengir removed the malicious code, and people were allowed to add it to Technic should they desire to.  The malicious code in GregTech is still there, its just turned off.

Greg, apparently, has it in his head that, if he wants to fuck with a mod, then he can without ever talking once to said mod's author(s).  From what I can recall, this bit him HARD in the ass when he tried it with RedPower and Eloraam, one of the fucking authors of Forge, the API that damn near every mod in existence uses, rightfully kicked his ass for it.  He's the one person I'm leery of when it comes to creating and releasing my mod, should it become popular.  I don't want him to fuck with my mod's balance; he can add whatever he pleases and can suggest balance changes if he thinks some need to be made, but I don't want him fucking with it without at least asking me, first.

Am I right in thinking that, since its MY fucking mod, I have a right to say what is and isn't done to it?

Just stay away from him. Guy like that is toxic, and can't play well with others. Trying to work together with him or even be friendly with him will probably end badly.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4582 on: July 30, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »

It's anything. That said ~glomps you~ Sorry to hear that. I've just met you, but don't kill yourself. You seem really cool.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4583 on: July 30, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »

It's anything. That said ~glomps you~ Sorry to hear that. I've just met you, but don't kill yourself. You seem really cool.
Thanks (although I don't like being glomped, but internet-glomps are fine). I knew I was going to like this forum.
Back on topic, I hate it when my sister's cat plunks her fat fuzzy butt DIRECTLY in front of whatever screen I'm trying to see.  Yes, Beans, I know you're an attention whore.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4584 on: July 30, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

Thanks (although I don't like being glomped, but internet-glomps are fine). I knew I was going to like this forum.
Back on topic, I hate it when my sister's cat plunks her fat fuzzy butt DIRECTLY in front of whatever screen I'm trying to see.  Yes, Beans, I know you're an attention whore.
You're welcome. As for on topic, I've had an argument in one thread for pages about comparing apples and oranges. Or, in other words, what is this "on topic"? ^_^
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #4585 on: July 31, 2013, 02:23:05 am »

I understood basically none of the Minecraft related stuff, but I play The Sims and I use a ton of mods, so I do know something about game mods and the modding scene there, and I'd say you are damn right, that behavior is totally unacceptable.  You do not fuck around with other people's hard work without permission, and you definitely do not deliberately crash people's games just because you dislike another mod author.  So, just...fuck that guy.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4586 on: July 31, 2013, 08:55:32 am »

Just stay away from him. Guy like that is toxic, and can't play well with others. Trying to work together with him or even be friendly with him will probably end badly.

Oh, hell no, I'm NOT working with Gregorious, not on his life.  Alas, that's not how he operates; doesn't matter how far I try to stay from him, he can still get a hold of my mod and screw it up, lest I go Eloraam on his ass, which I fully intend on doing should the need arise.  Which sucks, because some retarded bullshit aside (needing a fucking machine to make basic weapons is bullshit), I actually do enjoy what GregTech offers; it adds new life into what's becoming something of a stale, stagnant mod.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4587 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:36 am »
People making jokes about how I would starve in a kitchen full of food because I can't feed myself. x.x

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4588 on: July 31, 2013, 12:04:45 pm »
People making jokes about how I would starve in a kitchen full of food because I can't feed myself. x.x

Yeah, or the times I'm like "there's nothing to eat" and I get the response "the kitchen is full of food." Yeah, just not food I'm feeling up for at the moment.

#1stWorldProblems

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4589 on: July 31, 2013, 01:20:28 pm »

Yeah, or the times I'm like "there's nothing to eat" and I get the response "the kitchen is full of food." Yeah, just not food I'm feeling up for at the moment.

#1stWorldProblems
Ugh, I hate that reply. It's like, my point is, there's nothing here that I want to eat because it's late in the week and we've eaten it all already.