Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070029 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5760 on: October 27, 2013, 02:58:42 am »
If it's any consolation, I had the same "eeesh" reaction at Metroid Prime's Chozo ghosts.

*Walks in, lights go dark*

"Oh sh--"

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRK!!!!!!!!!!

"Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go...  Door's locked?!  MOTHER OF GOD!"

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #5761 on: October 27, 2013, 06:54:53 am »
Sounds like your little bro is a helluva brave kid.  I don't know what I'd have to do if I had to give myself shots.
*Is a needle-shy wimp*

Those DW baddies... Let me guess... the Weeping Angels?

I like getting needles. There's something novel about having someone casually stab you with metal in public with nobody else caring. And getting my blood taken is fun, especially since I get to watch my blood run through a little plastic tube.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5762 on: October 27, 2013, 11:32:41 am »
It snowed. :\
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5763 on: October 28, 2013, 12:31:22 am »
A 'Sex Cam' just tried to video call me through Skype.  I logged out, but know I'm freaked out a little.

Edit:  Just realized I didn't have my account set to "contacts only."  Fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:39:59 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5764 on: October 28, 2013, 02:07:25 am »
Sounds like your little bro is a helluva brave kid.  I don't know what I'd have to do if I had to give myself shots.
*Is a needle-shy wimp*

Those DW baddies... Let me guess... the Weeping Angels?

I like getting needles. There's something novel about having someone casually stab you with metal in public with nobody else caring. And getting my blood taken is fun, especially since I get to watch my blood run through a little plastic tube.
Yeah, my friends in high school were always more than a little freaked out by my enthusiasm for the annual visit from the Bloodmobile. I've never been scared of needles, not even the bad long ones they use to take blood, and I liked getting service learning credit for sitting still and not freaking out. The other kids, not so much - a girl from my math class fainted and hit her head after just SEEING the needle.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5765 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51:43 am »
I literally cannot look at the needle when I'm getting injected or having my blood drawn.  Something about having anything enter my veins just... scares me.

Though I will admit I'm better than I used to be.  (I have a memory of when I was little - actually running away from the doctor 'cause I thought he was going to give me a shot.  However, Mom has no recollection of it, so it may have just been a dream.  I dunno.)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5766 on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:54 am »
I'm not as bad as a lot of folks, according to the nurses who've taken my blood. I can watch the blood go in the vial (usually taking a painfully long time) but it's hard for me to actually watch the needle go in the vein.

I'm a notoriously hard stick, they say.  The tough time I have when I get my blood taken doesn't make me feel better about it.  Last time not only did she have trouble finding a vein, but the nurse had trouble getting the needle through my skin.   I wonder if I'm from Krypton or something.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5767 on: October 28, 2013, 04:28:14 am »
My fear of needles and injections was 50% of the reasons why I started giving blood donations (Which reminds me, I should really go donate again this week.)

These days it's not so bad, as long as I'm not looking at the needle or the blood flowing through the tube. Though the last time I went there the nurse had a little SNAFU with the needle and I was in pain for a few days. (apparently the needle scratched the insido of the vein or something.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5768 on: October 28, 2013, 10:29:42 am »
I don't like getting my blood drawn the conventional way because most people can't hit a vein. I've had people try and only wind up bouncing the needle inside my skin for a bit. No thanks. I'd rather not have a bruise the size of a kiwi.

There's a reason I have a portacath now. Instead of getting stabbed in the arm, I get stabbed in the chest but have a much higher chance of getting blood.

Though this just means when they draw blood I can't watch because I can't look down at my own chest like that.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5769 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:11 am »
I've never been bothered by needles, but I was a bit nervous when I had teeth out for my braces. The needle they use for that is fucking massive.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #5770 on: October 28, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

I just really want to punch my computer right now.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5771 on: October 28, 2013, 04:46:24 pm »

I had to go through that with legal citation exercises. They'll give you a citation and sometimes they're 100% correct, other times they aren't. But so help you God if you miss a period at the end. I've probably made that mistake a half dozen times

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5772 on: October 28, 2013, 06:46:37 pm »
And this is why standardized tests, especially digital ones, are bullshit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5773 on: October 28, 2013, 06:52:55 pm »

I would flip my shit at the teacher
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5774 on: October 28, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »
My fear of needles and injections was 50% of the reasons why I started giving blood donations (Which reminds me, I should really go donate again this week.)

These days it's not so bad, as long as I'm not looking at the needle or the blood flowing through the tube.Though the last time I went there the nurse had a little SNAFU with the needle and I was in pain for a few days. (apparently the needle scratched the insido of the vein or something.)
I'm the exact opposite - I have to look at the needle or else it surprises me and makes me freak out. I've had nurses insist I look away even after I explain and then they act like it's my fault for being startled. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!