Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074613 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5820 on: October 31, 2013, 08:47:30 am »
I like Halloween so it doesn't bother me.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5821 on: October 31, 2013, 11:42:38 am »
^Thank you!

Glad I'm not the only one. This is exactly why I always think "you lot thoroughly deserve it" whenever I hear an American complaining about their media being flooded with drivel about the English royal family.

The English royal family is nowhere near as cool as giving everyone an excuse to spend a month straight taking advantage of the horror genre.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5822 on: October 31, 2013, 12:58:51 pm »
I don't see why people have such an aversion to a holiday where you get free shit just for ringing a doorbell and wearing a costume of something you like.

It's just cosplaying with extra incentive/reward.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5823 on: October 31, 2013, 01:13:01 pm »
I don't see why people have such an aversion to a holiday where you get free shit just for ringing a doorbell and wearing a costume of something you like.

It's just cosplaying with extra incentive/reward.

Also, you have an excuse for dressing up your home and public places with body parts and monsters and trying to scare as many people as possible for no reason other than laughing at them when they scream like girls.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5824 on: October 31, 2013, 04:07:12 pm »
I just enjoy halloween cause it gives me an excuse to wear fishnets

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5825 on: October 31, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »
Gurl, you don't need an excuse.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #5826 on: October 31, 2013, 05:31:43 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5827 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:21 pm »
I luv u guise

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5828 on: October 31, 2013, 06:17:49 pm »
So, it turns out that the black spot where the ceiling leak was?  That coloration was caused by mold.  Fantastic.  My dad was able to find the source, though.  A falange that seals the area around the furnace pipe was broken.  The bad news is that my dad won't be able to fix it until Monday.  Also, there's supposed to be a storm tonight.  Why is that any worse than last night?  My dad put  hole through the spot on the ceiling and also stripped the insulation away from the area, meaning that now water will drip more freely from the ceiling.  We had to place a large bucket on the floor.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5829 on: October 31, 2013, 11:54:06 pm »
That only works if you're under the age of 12. That said, the point is that it's really grating to be hearing about it incessantly for several weeks straight when you don't actually celebrate it in the first place due to not being American.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5830 on: November 01, 2013, 12:09:14 am »
That only works if you're under the age of 12. That said, the point is that it's really grating to be hearing about it incessantly for several weeks straight when you don't actually celebrate it in the first place due to not being American.

People like to have fun.  I mean, dressing up in costumes is also fun, even if it's just for parties.

Hilariously, the fact that everything annoys you is annoying to me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5831 on: November 01, 2013, 12:16:31 am »

Stop having fun guys! There's someone outside America that's bitter about our awesome holiday :D
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5832 on: November 01, 2013, 12:20:55 am »
People like to have fun.  I mean, dressing up in costumes is also fun, even if it's just for parties.

No doubt. The point is that for people who don't do it, constantly hearing about it is very irritating. If Halloween is a thing where you are and you enjoy celebrating it, go right ahead. Have a grand old time. I've no problem with that. However, I just don't want to be hearing about it over and over and over again for a full fortnight leading up to it. I would imagine you and everyone else take a similar attitude to, say, Australia Day or any other foreign holiday, were you to have it incessantly shoved in your face for two weeks straight. If you can't see how that can annoy any reasonable person, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

Hilariously, the fact that everything annoys you is annoying to me.

Well, you are willingly reading my posts in a thread about things that annoy you. In light of that, it's kind of hard to muster up any sympathy for you on that front.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5833 on: November 01, 2013, 02:58:57 am »

No doubt. The point is that for people who don't do it, constantly hearing about it is very irritating.

Weird, I hear about shit I don't do all the time, I just tune it out.

I would imagine you and everyone else take a similar attitude to, say, Australia Day or any other foreign holiday, were you to have it incessantly shoved in your face for two weeks straight. If you can't see how that can annoy any reasonable person, well, I really don't know what to tell you.

I don't think a reasonable person would be annoyed by other people celebrating a secular holiday.

As far as Australia Day goes, I'd be confused as to why Americans are celebrating it, but I wouldn't mind it.

Well, you are willingly reading my posts in a thread about things that annoy you. In light of that, it's kind of hard to muster up any sympathy for you on that front.

I read this thread for other people's annoyances, which tend to be more reasonable, entertaining, and less "I HATE EVERYTHING".  Yours just happen to be in the way of the stuff I enjoy reading.

Not to mention it's hard to muster any sympathy for you when you seem to go out of your way to get annoyed by as many things as possible.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5834 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:24 am »
I don't think a reasonable person would be annoyed by other people celebrating a secular holiday.

As far as Australia Day goes, I'd be confused as to why Americans are celebrating it, but I wouldn't mind it.
I don't mean Americans celebrating it. I mean every internet site you go on being covered in Australian flags and pictures of kangaroos and beer cans, and every web show you watch having Australia Day themed nonsense. All this going on for the two weeks or so leading up to the day itself. You don't celebrate it. No one in your country celebrates it or care if anyone else does. The same goes for everyone you know and pretty much everyone in your country. However, you're still hearing about it over and over and over again. That's annoying. Very much so.

I'm not sure how you got the impression that my problem is Halloween itself existing or people celebrating and enjoying it. That I'm fine with. It's simply having to incessantly hear about it that's the problem. Kind of like why the Bronies got torn several new ones a while back. It wasn't for liking the show or the show itself existing, it was for not ever shutting up about it for even a second. Same basic logic, really.
I read this thread for other people's annoyances, which tend to be more reasonable, entertaining, and less "I HATE EVERYTHING".  Yours just happen to be in the way of the stuff I enjoy reading.
So... Don't read my posts if they're that offensive to you? I did say just say that, didn't I? If you really can't help yourself, this forum does have a block function. Just use that. In fact, why are you even responding to me? You know that's only going to make me write more oh so terrible posts of mine that wouldn't otherwise have existed, right?

All of the above will be far more effective than simply complaining to me about it. This thread's called Things That Annoy You, not Things That Annoy You and are Approved by Magus Silveresti. I shall post things that annoy me as I see fit, and you'll just have to deal with it.