Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072068 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6585 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:13 am »
Well there's the RE fans who think anything before the RE4 type sucked. Yeah they put the fan in fanaticism.
Speaking of which, remember that ridiculous "racism" controversy in RE5?  Yeah, God forbid a game set in Africa have black zombies.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:11:32 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6586 on: January 12, 2014, 12:16:26 am »
This is why I prefer taking each game as it goes, instead of trying to measure each game against its predecessors or successors.

Hence why I enjoy Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault a lot more than some people do.  Command was my least favorite, though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6587 on: January 12, 2014, 12:17:38 am »
This is why I prefer taking each game as it goes, instead of trying to measure each game against its predecessors or successors.

Hence why I enjoy Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault a lot more than some people do.  Command was my least favorite, though.
That's something we can agree on.  I try to judge each game by its own merits.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6588 on: January 12, 2014, 12:23:30 am »
Well there's the RE fans who think anything before the RE4 type sucked. Yeah they put the fan in fanaticism.
Speaking of which, remember that ridiculous "racism" controversy in RE5?  Yeah, God forbid a game set in Africa have black zombies.

The racism wasn't so much the Zombie but just the tired old White dude saves the day troupe. Why not just have Sheeva as the lead character?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6589 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:08 am »
I really fucking hate it when I can't get ketchup out of the bottle.  If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they invent an easy-pouring ketchup bottle?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6590 on: January 12, 2014, 02:29:45 am »
I hate to break it to you, Chit, but you're not attractive.
This.
He probably is relative to the average 4Chan user. Hell, anyone with even middling personal hygiene is probably quite a catch compared to that lot.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6591 on: January 12, 2014, 03:24:22 am »
Wait, buried alive where?  Most TES fandumb that I know of has barely even played Daggerfall.  The fact that they see fast travel as a terrible, casual thing (despite the fact that Morrowind is actually the most out-of-place one in the entire series because it lacks it) and that they define TES as Morrowind leads me to believe that most of them started with Morrowind and never looked back.

Same way with a lot of Final Fantasy fans starting with FF7 and becoming fanboys that hate every game that came after it simply because it wasn't FF7.

At least when I was still frequenting the official forums, practically everyone was a devout Daggerfall worshipper, and there were even fans who said Morrowind was a load of mainstream crap.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6592 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:57 am »
Jadens smith face.

Its really weird looking. I mean he constantly looks like hes in an elevator with someone that farted and he just realised its a friend
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:55:36 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6593 on: January 12, 2014, 08:30:21 am »
Jadens smith face.

Its really weird looking. I mean he constantly looks like hes in an elevator with someone that farted and he just realised its a friend

He's always looked kinda stoned to me...I mean his eyes are so tired-looking and slightly unfocused
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6594 on: January 12, 2014, 09:13:36 am »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6595 on: January 12, 2014, 03:54:45 pm »
He's a man... well... boy, compared to ancient me, of many faces it seems.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6596 on: January 12, 2014, 05:20:29 pm »
I read an article containing a list of reasons you should live in college dorms, and it was the dumbest thing ever. A summary:

1. You'll be more likely to graduate because campuses don't allow alcohol in dorms. (Um, no. That depends on the school. My campus certainly isn't a dry one. And the likelihood of graduation depends on the person entirely, because it can be impossible to concentrate on any work when you're in a dorm. You can also feel smothered by everyone there.)

2. You'll make more friends. (That's a possibility, but quite honestly, the maturity of most freshman I've seen is irritating as hell, so I think a lot of folks would have a harder time making friends. It's easy to make friends in class.)

3. It's cheaper. (Are you actually kidding me? My school charges a ridiculous amount for a shitty dorm room. It's far cheaper to get an apartment and perhaps split it with someone. In many cases it's still cheaper if you get your own apartment.)

4. You'll be more active in clubs and college life in general. (That's true, but I don't want to be a part of those things. There aren't any clubs that interest me now because every single one I've joined has been a drama-fest, and I don't particularly care about "helping" my school. I've helped it enough with my tuition.)
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6597 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »
4. and I don't particularly care about "helping" my school. I've helped it enough with my tuition.)

Quoted for truth.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6598 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:16 pm »
I read an article containing a list of reasons you should live in college dorms, and it was the dumbest thing ever. A summary:

1. You'll be more likely to graduate because campuses don't allow alcohol in dorms.

1. They'd just drink at someone's place.
2. LOL I'd like to introduce this person to some people from college.

3. It's cheaper.
This assumes that everyone is going to a far off college instead of one that is within driving distance. It also presumes that all schools are in neighborhood were the prices are high. University of California Los Angeles, for example, it's would probably be cheaper to dorm if you don't get roomies since West LA is pricier. But for University of California Irvine, it's probably cheaper to find an apartment in Santa Ana. Not to mention some schools have school owned apartments of various qualities. Apparently this person thinks we're all going to Stanford or University of California Berkeley.

4. You'll be more active in clubs and college life in general.

Sure if three days consecutive of binge drinking counts as college life. I live at my parents home and still manage to do things at the school. Not as much as I could have but that has more to do with other factors than it did with choosing not to dorm.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6599 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:48 pm »
LOL CHEAPER.

Down here they are freakishly expensive. I dont know why people go for them
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.