Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075021 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6615 on: January 14, 2014, 01:56:56 pm »
Medicaid problems, my application was submitted late due to errors, and I'm starting to worry about how long it's taken to be approved, called and got nothing more than the same bs I always get. At least I know I can get reimbursed now, but it's still annoying to me I have to wait so long to be approved, and I hope my medicine doesn't run out before then, because I have no clue how much that's going to cost. You would think since there's been healthcare reform they would cut down on the approval time, I guess not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:59:06 pm by Loki's Whore »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6616 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:59 pm »
All the people I hate the most are in my classes. Fucking wonderful.

Good.  Now they're easier to murder all at once.

Ironbite-you know what you must do.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #6617 on: January 15, 2014, 01:04:55 am »
A few times now, I've uploaded videos to YouTube that used music from the Free Music Archive. The specific pieces I choose use an attribution and share alike license, meaning they're free to use for non-commercial purposes as long as you credit the source and artists.

For two out of the three videos for which I've done this, YouTube's automatic copyright catcher system thing has flagged them as possible copyright infringements. The most frustrating part? The songs it says I'm using without permission aren't even the songs I'm using.

So I've disputed both, but in the window where you have to tell them why you thing you're not breaking copyright, "It's not even the song you think it is," isn't an option.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #6618 on: January 15, 2014, 02:27:53 am »
I wish it was that warm here. I really, really hate the cold of winter.

No, you don't. Trust me on that.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6619 on: January 15, 2014, 03:49:03 am »
Im trying to find good websites to learn hindi/urdu/hindustani, but theres really not much out there. Especially in grammar book pdfs
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6620 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »
The cracks on my laptop's screen are getting worse. It's still technically usable, but looks like this:

Initially it was just a small patch of cracks on the right side. Also, if I don't have the screen tilted at just the right angle, the bottom half will flash pink and reflect the top half, rendering half the screen useless. And let me reiterate that I didn't drop it, step on it, or otherwise misuse the laptop. All I did was close it and set it down before going to bed. The only thing I can come up with is that the cat stepped on it while I was sleeping, but even that shouldn't have caused the screen to crack.

On the bright side, I found a replacement screen online for less than $100 including shipping and handling, so I'm just going to repair it myself instead of spending $250+ on having a tech do it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:58:23 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6621 on: January 15, 2014, 09:14:36 pm »
Does it get really cold and then warm up in your bedroom fairly quickly overnight?  Or, were you outside in the cold with the laptop at any time before coming inside a warm house?

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6622 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »
The temperature does shift a bit during the furnace's on/off cycle, but no where near enough to cause the kind of rapid contraction/expansion needed to crack the screen (unless Samsung has started using the world's shittiest LCDs in their laptops). I definitely didn't have the computer outdoors, either.

Good suggestion, in any case. I didn't even think about temperature changes as possible cause.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6623 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:39 pm »
A temperature change to crack screen like that would to happen in an incredibly short time frame like...taking a blowtorch to it and then dumping it in ice cold water....i think thats right at least
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6624 on: January 15, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »
The deer in my neighborhood are losing their fear of humans.  I don't want to hit one with my car.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6625 on: January 15, 2014, 10:25:48 pm »
That would certainly put the fear back into them, though. :P

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6626 on: January 15, 2014, 11:05:02 pm »
The temperature does shift a bit during the furnace's on/off cycle, but no where near enough to cause the kind of rapid contraction/expansion needed to crack the screen (unless Samsung has started using the world's shittiest LCDs in their laptops). I definitely didn't have the computer outdoors, either.

Good suggestion, in any case. I didn't even think about temperature changes as possible cause.
A temperature change to crack screen like that would to happen in an incredibly short time frame like...taking a blowtorch to it and then dumping it in ice cold water....i think thats right at least

Well, the only reason I ask is because as a rock hound, I've been warned by those more experienced with stones like opals (which can be up to 20% water), not to take them from one temp extreme to the next quickly.  If you're in the cold wearing an opal necklace or ring or whatever, make sure it's warmed against you and not out in the open cold before you go into a warm place.  Opals have cracked right down the middle by doing that.   It just sorta reminded me of the opal warning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6627 on: January 16, 2014, 12:11:00 am »
There are two things I can't escape.

Duck Dynasty merchandise (it's everywhere!!  EVERYWHERE!!!!!)

And snobs whining that there are more Spyro games than the original PS1 trilogy, claiming that each and every one of them has "ruined Spyro forever" (or worse, inconsistent ones that hate Legend of Spyro but like the first Skylanders.... WTF?)

They're actually worse than the Mass Effect shitfitters, simply because at least that's died down, but the Spyro snobs are STILL GOING TO THIS DAY!

I'm not even a fan of Skylanders but the whining about that shits me, too.

Whine whine whine, snob snob snob, argh.

And I wasn't even in a gaming forum, I was just reading the fucking messages on fucking DeviantART.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6628 on: January 16, 2014, 12:32:31 am »
There are two things I can't escape.

Duck Dynasty merchandise (it's everywhere!!  EVERYWHERE!!!!!)

And snobs whining that there are more Spyro games than the original PS1 trilogy, claiming that each and every one of them has "ruined Spyro forever" (or worse, inconsistent ones that hate Legend of Spyro but like the first Skylanders.... WTF?)

They're actually worse than the Mass Effect shitfitters, simply because at least that's died down, but the Spyro snobs are STILL GOING TO THIS DAY!

I'm not even a fan of Skylanders but the whining about that shits me, too.

Whine whine whine, snob snob snob, argh.

And I wasn't even in a gaming forum, I was just reading the fucking messages on fucking DeviantART.
...Wow.  And I thought Sonic fans could be annoying.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6629 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:53 am »
While my favorite Sonic games were the classic and classic-styled side scrollers, I'm not going to tell anyone they have bad taste or something for liking the other styles.  I really don't care.  As long as I'm free to like what I like, and you're free to like what you like, it doesn't matter to me.