Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072607 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7575 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »
To be fair, you really shouldn't let people light you on fire.  :P

Oh you.

But, seriously, what is it about religion that makes people on every side suddenly turn into literalistic twats?

It's srs business.

Especially when it involves being set on fire.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #7576 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
 So, it turns out that rather than just affecting a few videos, Youtube has decided to give me an error message on about every other video. Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7577 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »
It just annoys me that, even though I surpassed him a while ago, I keep thinking that Mason's probably gotten stronger, too, and that I have a whole bunch of new reasons to be envious of him - he is attending a UC in Idaho, Idaho State UC, and is angling to study ecology and evolution.

Meaning, he could get a doctorate. And I am still in Community College.

I. Hate. You. Mason...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:35:10 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7578 on: July 12, 2014, 04:35:23 pm »
Went to a con this morning with wife and kids. Was able to listen to 10minutes of a presentation about LGBT superheroes before I had to leave to a temper tantrum from kid and sometime later we just called it quits and left since the older kid was not co-operating.

Just before I was about to go to sleep she managed to smear shit on the bedsheets.

Not cool.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #7579 on: July 12, 2014, 05:29:31 pm »
The way YouTube loads the sponsored ads a second after the actual search results, and places them where the top results were, so if you click on the top result too quickly, you'll accidentally click on an unrelated video.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7580 on: July 12, 2014, 07:25:05 pm »
When you see an image you know is traced from another image, but you can't find the original image anywhere.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7581 on: July 13, 2014, 09:34:18 am »
Went to a con this morning with wife and kids. Was able to listen to 10minutes of a presentation about LGBT superheroes before I had to leave to a temper tantrum from kid and sometime later we just called it quits and left since the older kid was not co-operating.

Just before I was about to go to sleep she managed to smear shit on the bedsheets.

Not cool.

Oh god, you went to Dashcon?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7582 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »

Not cool.

And here's the part where people not on tumblr don't have any idea what you mean by that.

Dashcon was a tumblr "convention".  I say this because to call it disorganized is an insult to disorganization.  The hotel they were staying at didn't got the $17,000 in advance like the contract said they would, they somehow managed to raise $12,000 and it got donated somewhere and the hotel is saying they don't have a clue where that money is (It's so much of a clusterfuck in that regard), the participants stood around wailing Les Miserables songs for an hour.

After this point, the details are a little sketchy.

When they finally got to the convention area... it turned out to be an empty room with a small ball pit, and the recreation room consisted of a single TV, a single video game console, and some other things I don't remember right now.

...And this was supposed to entertain 2,000 people.

$12,000 that could've gone to a lot of legitimate causes that could help people... was wasted on a fucking travesty.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7583 on: July 13, 2014, 04:30:14 pm »

Not cool.

Finncon.

Totally different thing.

Wife wanted to attend some stuff about writing and meet the quests of honour. For me there would have been some stuff about swords and Iron sky and "Sovjet Union & Russian sf-movies and series" could have been interesting as well.

Oh well, such is life with small children.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7584 on: July 13, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

Not cool.

And here's the part where people not on tumblr don't have any idea what you mean by that.

Dashcon was a tumblr "convention".  I say this because to call it disorganized is an insult to disorganization.  The hotel they were staying at didn't got the $17,000 in advance like the contract said they would, they somehow managed to raise $12,000 and it got donated somewhere and the hotel is saying they don't have a clue where that money is (It's so much of a clusterfuck in that regard), the participants stood around wailing Les Miserables songs for an hour.

After this point, the details are a little sketchy.

When they finally got to the convention area... it turned out to be an empty room with a small ball pit, and the recreation room consisted of a single TV, a single video game console, and some other things I don't remember right now.

...And this was supposed to entertain 2,000 people.

$12,000 that could've gone to a lot of legitimate causes that could help people... was wasted on a fucking travesty.

17.  They managed to raise 17-20 thousand in as little as 2 hours for this thing.  Thing is, several people talked to the hotel staff and the hotel did not have a clue what people were talking about.  As is, it's looking like someone scammed the Dashcon people and other people and walked away with almost $20,000 in pay pal and real cash funds.

Ironbite-this is going down in history as the worst con ever.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7585 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »

Not cool.

Finncon.

Totally different thing.

Wife wanted to attend some stuff about writing and meet the quests of honour. For me there would have been some stuff about swords and Iron sky and "Sovjet Union & Russian sf-movies and series" could have been interesting as well.

Oh well, such is life with small children.

You're right, it is totally different. I apologize, I didn't know about any other conventions that were going on this weekend.

Blame my Amerocentrism, I guess.  :P
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7586 on: July 13, 2014, 04:45:27 pm »
Just read something on Welcome to Night Vale's facebook page saying they went to this Dashcon thing and left because they weren't paid (and were supposed to be) and apparently the Dashcon people are accusing the WTNV people of lying about not being paid and yeah, wow. I hadn't even heard of this before now but wow.

Edit: as for things that annoy me, can't sleep, have to work tonight. This is what happens when they schedule me in for a seven-day week :/

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7587 on: July 13, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »
Just read something on Welcome to Night Vale's facebook page saying they went to this Dashcon thing and left because they weren't paid (and were supposed to be) and apparently the Dashcon people are accusing the WTNV people of lying about not being paid and yeah, wow. I hadn't even heard of this before now but wow.

Edit: as for things that annoy me, can't sleep, have to work tonight. This is what happens when they schedule me in for a seven-day week :/

That's the stories being circulated.  One has the Nightvale people not being paid and being told they'd be paid after the con was over and the other is the blatant lies and blame shifting done by the Dashcon folks.  It's funny if it wasn't so sad.

Ironbite-there will be lawsuits over this.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7588 on: July 13, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »
...I just found a picture of the ball pit in question (thanks Twitter)

That's... sad.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7589 on: July 13, 2014, 11:13:57 pm »
Why is it that certain pages will not load in Firefox, but they will in Chrome? I can't get used to Chrome on OSX.