Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076042 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7665 on: July 25, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »
PewDiePie's fandom AND PewDiePie's hatedom.

Seriously, if they would wipe each other off the face of the planet, I'd celebrate.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7666 on: July 25, 2014, 08:05:55 pm »
What really grinds my gears is when people don't tip, for whatever reason. Regardless of circumstances, there's no excuse not to tip two dollars at the very least. If you can't afford to tip two dollars, you probably shouldn't be ordering pizza in the first place. Three dollars would actually be better, because that would be just enough to pay for the cost of gas to your house and back.

But then, we live in a society where the customer is king, even when they're wrong (which is quite often), and the employees just have to bend over and take it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7667 on: July 25, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »
What really grinds my gears is when people don't tip, for whatever reason. Regardless of circumstances, there's no excuse not to tip two dollars at the very least. If you can't afford to tip two dollars, you probably shouldn't be ordering pizza in the first place. Three dollars would actually be better, because that would be just enough to pay for the cost of gas to your house and back.

But then, we live in a society where the customer is king, even when they're wrong (which is quite often), and the employees just have to bend over and take it.

So much so that it's not enough for an employee to actually work, no, they have to look busy.

Which means standing on their feet for many many hours at the cash register for no practical reason, simply because sitting down might make them "seem lazy."

Remember, if you're not suffering, you're not working.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7668 on: July 25, 2014, 09:00:43 pm »
I must say, I really like living in a country where service people are paid a halfway livable wage. When you buy food, you're expected to only pay for the food. Paying the employee's wages is the responsibility of their boss, not the customers.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7669 on: July 25, 2014, 09:13:56 pm »
I must say, I really like living in a country where service people are paid a halfway livable wage. When you buy food, you're expected to only pay for the food. Paying the employee's wages is the responsibility of their boss, not the customers.

I've heard that even in those countries, it's still courteous to tip for good service.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7670 on: July 25, 2014, 09:39:34 pm »

I've heard that even in those countries, it's still courteous to tip for good service.

Yeah, but you're not considered a terrible person if you don't.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7671 on: July 25, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »

Seriously, if they would wipe each other off the face of the planet, I'd celebrate.
For the most part I'd say his fandom is vastly more annoying.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7672 on: July 25, 2014, 10:00:50 pm »
Ever remember something really stupid you said/posted and want to write it off as something from years ago, only it wasn't from years ago and instead so something you said only months or weeks ago?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7673 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:02 pm »

I dunno, his hatedom is everywhere.  It's like there's a large coalition of people out there who absolutely hate one person and hate you if you don't hate him as much as they do.

It's worse than the anti-brony groups.

At least with PDP's fandom, you aren't exposed to it if you're not reading his comments or looking at his fan groups.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7674 on: July 26, 2014, 12:16:17 am »
It's like there's a large coalition of people out there who absolutely hate one person

For rather good reason.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7675 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:33 am »

I dunno, his hatedom is everywhere.  It's like there's a large coalition of people out there who absolutely hate one person and hate you if you don't hate him as much as they do.

It's worse than the anti-brony groups.

At least with PDP's fandom, you aren't exposed to it if you're not reading his comments or looking at his fan groups.
To be fair, it's not like Pewdiepie's only sin is having a dumb voice , I mean the man has 50 billion subscribers for screaming "LOL RAPE XD!!" a bunch.

I suppose if we're referring to youtube alone though I could see what you getting at.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7676 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:43 am »
It's like there's a large coalition of people out there who absolutely hate one person

For rather good reason.

I won't deny that there are legitimate reasons to hate him.

But the level of hatefulness directed towards him is, quite frankly, disturbing.

I mean, you don't even see that much hatred directed towards people who actually do harmful things.

But because PDP is an easy target with a large fanbase, it's more popular to hate him than it is to hate Rupert Murdoch.

Then again, people direct more hate towards Justin Bieber and girls who take selfies at Auschwitz than they do Rupert Murdoch.  Pathetic, really.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7677 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:59 am »
I wasn't aware there was a limited amount of hate in this world.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7678 on: July 26, 2014, 02:06:28 am »
I wasn't aware there was a limited amount of hate in this world.

Nothing to do with limitations and everything to do with priority.

People reserve more hate for Bieber, PewDiePie, and Auschwitz-selfie-girl than they do for people who actually cause harm.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7679 on: July 26, 2014, 05:09:03 am »
What really grinds my gears is when people don't tip, for whatever reason. Regardless of circumstances, there's no excuse not to tip two dollars at the very least.

Even if your waiter was the rudest prick you've ever met?  What if you saw him spit in your food when you hadn't done anything wrong? What if he sexually harrassed you?  What if he molested you?  What if he stabbed you in the eye with a fork for looking at him the wrong way?

You did say regardless of circumstance.  Personally, all of those things above I would consider reasonable circumstances for not tiping, even if some are unlikely (but none are impossible).