Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072509 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7875 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:11 pm »
I recognize he's probably just doing his job - but I need to have someone from AT&T that I can actually have face to face confrontation with.

His innocence or guilt doesn't matter.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7876 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:24 pm »
I hate AT&T, I hate the fat, repugnant turd that she called out here to help her change the TV, and I wish he would've drowned on his way here.

Meanwhile on Not Always *, a cable guy waxes poetic about an insufferable antisocial prick who wouldn't stop making fun of him while he was doing an installation.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7877 on: August 29, 2014, 09:48:44 pm »
You know, going out of your way to pick fights over nothing isn't exactly a genius move. That if course assuming you don't want to get arrested or your teeth kicked in. It also makes you a repugnant little shit, for whatever that's worth.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7878 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:45 pm »
It also makes you a repugnant little shit, for whatever that's worth.

Would not be the worst thing I've been called.

Well, its null and void anyway - he did not stop by.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7879 on: August 29, 2014, 11:16:45 pm »
Went to get a physical today. They saw the cut on my finger and made me get a tetanus shot. Six hours later, my arm is still sore.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7880 on: August 29, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »
My mom's a nurse, so I have a little...experience in this regard.

It looked pretty bad. For what its worth, I hope everything is okay.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7881 on: August 29, 2014, 11:45:59 pm »
Thanks, and it'll be fine. I've had worse before. Like the time when I wrecked my bycicle going down a hill on the road to my old house at ~35 mph with no protective gear of any kind. That was fun.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7882 on: August 30, 2014, 12:01:51 am »
When you're on a user's youtube channel and use the channel search, and not only does the the search not put the results in order by date, but doesn't even allow the option to order the search results by date even though the channel's regular video page allows you choose the video order.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #7883 on: August 30, 2014, 12:30:06 am »
One of our dogs jumped the fence, wandered ten miles, and got hit by a car. The driver was decent enough to try to help, but his pelvis was shattered and the clinic had to do an emergency euthanasia. We could not find our dog for five days, didn't even know he was already dead, and the clinic refused to give the guy our contact information from the microchip (his nametag was one of those cheap aluminum ones- scratched up beyond readability, like the previous two cheapo tags I replaced. Oh, but the nice stainless steel indestructible tag I ordered for the dog arrived in the mail yesterday). In fact, at this same clinic I had dropped off a Lost Dog poster (this was how the guy finally got in contact with us- he came in to ask again for the contact information and recognized the picture) and failed to connect the dots. In fact they didn't even contact us at all. We found all this out two days ago.

Now, to top it all off, today my mom and stepdad decide that the perfect solution to everyone's problem was to buy a puppy. A goddamn puppy when we just lost a dog horribly and still have an unreasonable number of animals. Somehow I'm the villain for getting pissed off at them!
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7884 on: August 30, 2014, 02:28:07 am »
Youtube in general just seems to be bugging out.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #7885 on: August 30, 2014, 03:00:24 am »
I'm noticing other people here complaining about the glitches and such occurring on YouTube.  I'm kind of glad to know it isn't only me that is experiencing that.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7886 on: August 30, 2014, 03:52:51 am »
This is an actual children's book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Goes_on_a_Diet
Maggie Goes on a Diet is a children's book by Paul Kramer about weight management in childhood aimed towards children aged 6–12.[1] According to WorldCat, the book is held in 22 libraries as of February, 2014

If I had the time I would write an angry rant about this but apparently it has already faced a lot of criticism.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7887 on: August 30, 2014, 04:00:15 am »
Glitchy N64 emulation. I don't like being forced to choose between shitty, worn out controllers and a truckload of graphical and audio glitches.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7888 on: August 30, 2014, 02:22:35 pm »

Maggie Goes on a Diet is a children's book by Paul Kramer about weight management in childhood aimed towards children aged 6–12.[1] According to WorldCat, the book is held in 22 libraries as of February, 2014

If I had the time I would write an angry rant about this but apparently it has already faced a lot of criticism.

I would've guessed it was written decades ago before eating disorders were a thing in the public consciousness, but no. It's from 2011.

How do you even write a book like that and get it published? How do you not have someone, at some point in the process, stop and get a good look at how that message sounds in the context of current society?
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7889 on: August 30, 2014, 04:15:00 pm »

I would've guessed it was written decades ago before eating disorders were a thing in the public consciousness, but no. It's from 2011.

How do you even write a book like that and get it published? How do you not have someone, at some point in the process, stop and get a good look at how that message sounds in the context of current society?
I think we should start a thread for WTF children books.

Also, that girl doesn't even look like she's seriously overweight, more of a "Awkward puberty phase" fat.