Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069296 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7950 on: September 04, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »
Even if only 20% of the donations went to ALS research.....the rest go to raising awareness, giving people who suffer from this disease a better life, and ad time on TV for more donations.

Ironbite-not like it's going to someone's pockets.

Exactly.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7951 on: September 04, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »
Yeah, I'm imagining the cost of care must put crazy economic strain on families with kids who suffer from the disease, and I doubt it's covered by insurance.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7952 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »
although only a tiny fraction of people's donations go to actual research, but that's another issue)

The ALS Association debunked that here.

I will concede that point, then (though I don't know which sites people are using to donate their money, so there could always be dickheaded places that pocket a large chunk of donations). However, that doesn't change my point that the massive amounts of slacktivism are irritating as fuck. That's what annoys me the most. At that point, it's not much different from people spamming certain hashtags on Twitter.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7953 on: September 04, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »
So one of my classmates has made it his sole mission to annoy me in all my classes and touch my shit. It's come to a head today when he decided to be a perverted motherfucker and ask me if I'm a virgin I hate this person and I can't wait until I graduate so I never have to see his stupid ass again!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7954 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:57 pm »
although only a tiny fraction of people's donations go to actual research, but that's another issue)

I will concede that point, then (though I don't know which sites people are using to donate their money, so there could always be dickheaded places that pocket a large chunk of donations). However, that doesn't change my point that the massive amounts of slacktivism are irritating as fuck. That's what annoys me the most. At that point, it's not much different from people spamming certain hashtags on Twitter.
Well, money is being donated at least, so it's not pointless when compared to a lot of other things.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7955 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »
So one of my classmates has made it his sole mission to annoy me in all my classes and touch my shit. It's come to a head today when he decided to be a perverted motherfucker and ask me if I'm a virgin I hate this person and I can't wait until I graduate so I never have to see his stupid ass again!

Can't you get him thrown in jail for harassment or something? That's some serious creeping going on there.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7956 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:48 pm »

Well, money is being donated at least, so it's not pointless when compared to a lot of other things.

That's not the point. The point is that, while yes, some people donate money to a certain organization after they see hashtag spam (or the ice bucket challenge, in this case), a crapload of other people spam hashtags (or videos) purely because they want to feel like they're making a difference without actually doing anything or donating any money.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7957 on: September 04, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »
yeah, pretty much.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #7958 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:10 pm »
If it hasn't been stated already, it annoys me when people post things on Facebook that they didn't bother to fact check before sharing and posting it.  I usually try to explain to them the truth behind the post and provide a link debunking the post.  Still, posts such as "congress trying to mandate everyone getting an RFID chip in their hand", "researchers found a corpse of a mermaid", and "share this post and (insert name) will get (insert monetary amount) for his/her treatment of (insert illness or injury)" will appear on my wall.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7959 on: September 05, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »
If it hasn't been stated already, it annoys me when people post things on Facebook that they didn't bother to fact check before sharing and posting it.  I usually try to explain to them the truth behind the post and provide a link debunking the post.  Still, posts such as "congress trying to mandate everyone getting an RFID chip in their hand", "researchers found a corpse of a mermaid", and "share this post and (insert name) will get (insert monetary amount) for his/her treatment of (insert illness or injury)" will appear on my wall.

Oh, this is very annoying. Right now my page is flooded with "ISIS is trying to enter the US with illegal aliens in Mexico", all because of some video by O'keefe (the same shit that conned ACORN into being shut down). This is of course also bringing in "We need our guns more than ever", "Jesus help us fight them dirty Muslims", and other things of that nature.

On an unrelated note, I had an order partially refunded because some of the items were unable to be found. Normally I'd just reorder the item from someone else, but the items in question alone wouldn't add up to enough to allow it to be shipped. I'm forced to find other things if I want them, or just go without.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7960 on: September 06, 2014, 02:10:43 am »
For as bad as Youtube's video player can get, at least it isn't BLIP FUCKING TV.

You want to know what's so bad about this piece of shit?

1. The video sometimes (frequently) stops loading halfway through, and the only way to get it to load again is to reload the entire page.
2. YOU CAN'T SKIP FORWARD.  If you try to skip forward to where you were before, it sends you like a minute ahead.
3. Try to do this too many times and the video unloads and starts over from the beginning, with nothing loaded.

Oh, and you can't even skip ahead to a part that's already LOADED.  It's just... argh!

Why the fuck does TGWTG use this piece of shit service!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7961 on: September 06, 2014, 02:20:52 am »
I've never had problems skipping ahead. It takes a bit longer, but it always works for me.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7962 on: September 06, 2014, 02:22:31 am »
I've never had problems skipping ahead. It takes a bit longer, but it always works for me.

This is a recent development.

Trying to skip ahead results in the damn thing going back to the very beginning.

But Blip.tv has ALWAYS been terrible for one reason or another.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #7963 on: September 06, 2014, 05:35:14 am »

This is a recent development.

Trying to skip ahead results in the damn thing going back to the very beginning.

But Blip.tv has ALWAYS been terrible for one reason or another.

Ya'll need muppet Jesus.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7964 on: September 06, 2014, 10:57:04 pm »
When people say "weary" and mean "wary".

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!