Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073184 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8130 on: October 10, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »
I never really understood why anyone cares about flag burning anyway.  I've seen the UK flag being burnt many times and I really could not give a fuck.  The list of things I give fewer fucks about is quite brief.  Besides, it's not my flag you're burning it's YOUR flag, you're the one who paid for it just to destroy it so the jokes on you.

But then I've never really gotten patriotism and national pride and all that in general.  Personally, I think the world would be a better place if everyone in it just forgot about all that bollocks and we stopped thinking of ourselves in terms of nationalities and we just got together like one big happy hippie family.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8131 on: October 10, 2014, 06:01:16 pm »
I just found out that one of the amazing songs from Spyro was used in the theme song for The Amanda Show. That's a fucking tragedy.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8132 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »
I am still confused why people get upset over burning a flag.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8133 on: October 10, 2014, 07:02:41 pm »
I never really understood why anyone cares about flag burning anyway.  I've seen the UK flag being burnt many times and I really could not give a fuck.  The list of things I give fewer fucks about is quite brief.  Besides, it's not my flag you're burning it's YOUR flag, you're the one who paid for it just to destroy it so the jokes on you.

But then I've never really gotten patriotism and national pride and all that in general.  Personally, I think the world would be a better place if everyone in it just forgot about all that bollocks and we stopped thinking of ourselves in terms of nationalities and we just got together like one big happy hippie family.
You're from Ulster, right? I'd imagine that most rational people there are far less interested in patriotism than the average American, seeing as you'd know what it can do to a place.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8134 on: October 10, 2014, 07:38:11 pm »
The comments of every Ashens tries food video is flooded with people complaining about Dan, his friend.

And believe me, it seems like Dan's mere existence has pissed off everyone from every walk of life.

I hate Youtube comments.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8135 on: October 11, 2014, 03:25:01 am »

You're from Ulster, right? I'd imagine that most rational people there are far less interested in patriotism than the average American, seeing as you'd know what it can do to a place.

Yep I am indeed.  Northern Ireland more specifically - Northern Ireland is the country, Ulster is a province which includes all of Northern Ireland + 3 counties in the Republic of Ireland.

If there's one place that knows how to get retarded over flags, it's Northern Ireland.  Mind you, a riot over a flag issue did give us this glorious photo, so swings and roundabouts I guess:

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8136 on: October 11, 2014, 07:18:08 am »
Look what some genius posted on Facebook.

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American and Canadian citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree ... please SHARE.

If you really must inflict yet more neocon copypasta on the internet, and if you're really so lazy that you must appropriate American neocon copypasta rather than writing your own, then for the love of fuck, post it after you finish editing it, not before. Also, don't try to claim a former Prime Minister actually said all of this. You're not fooling anyone [who has an IQ above room temperature, though that's probably irrelevant, all things considered].

That said, it seems to be circulating despite all of this, so what do I know? I guess it takes little more than buzzwords and sensationalism to get the drooling mouthbreathers all riled up.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8137 on: October 11, 2014, 08:36:19 am »
Australia's xenophobic government has been taking immigrants from behind for years now. This is par for the course.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8138 on: October 11, 2014, 08:42:01 am »
Australia's xenophobic government has been taking immigrants from behind for years now. This is par for the course.
Erm, "taking" tends to mean being catcher rather than pitcher. Also, that doesn't really have anything to do with the point I was trying to make.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8139 on: October 12, 2014, 12:21:17 am »
On this recent attack ad against Greg Abbott people claiming Wendy Davis is attacking his disability rather than his hypocrisy (he has successfully sued against disabled people and that bastard is paralyzed from the waist-down).

Or, the fact that people who happen to be followers being so quick to defend him.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8140 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:46 pm »
I've been raging half the day because my mom was in a car accident due to a guy rear-ending her. And you know what he was doing when it happened? Fucking around on his goddamn cell phone. He proceeded to lie to the cops about it, then gave the cops old insurance info (his policy had expired). Thankfully, she told her insurance company and they're investigating the guy and his lies. I hope he gets in serious trouble for it. Also, the guy's dad is an asshole accomplice, because he reinstated the insurance policy after the accident to make it look like there was never a gap in coverage. I swear, I wanna get their number so I can call and scream at them.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8141 on: October 14, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
WINDOWS 8.1.

(click to show/hide)

Plus, I'm having troubles shooting in Alien Swarm on laptop for some fucking reason because of this shitty service pack. It's annoying as hell and it's because Windows apparently has to optimize 8.1 for wooden computers because of latency issues.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:31:52 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8142 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:06 pm »
On this recent attack ad against Greg Abbott people claiming Wendy Davis is attacking his disability rather than his hypocrisy (he has successfully sued against disabled people and that bastard is paralyzed from the waist-down).

Or, the fact that people who happen to be followers being so quick to defend him.
I've seen that ad, and frankly, I wish more democrats would run ads like that. Shame Texas has been so gerrymandered and taken over by idiots that Abbot's winning.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8143 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:07 am »
When forums and sites are obnoxious as fuck about getting people to join.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8144 on: October 15, 2014, 07:41:21 am »
WINDOWS 8.1.

(click to show/hide)

Plus, I'm having troubles shooting in Alien Swarm on laptop for some fucking reason because of this shitty service pack. It's annoying as hell and it's because Windows apparently has to optimize 8.1 for wooden computers because of latency issues.

Theoretically, you should be able to downgrade to Windows 7, that's what I plan on doing when I get my new laptop.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.