Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075853 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8325 on: December 08, 2014, 07:11:48 pm »
My mom's lack of awareness of certain things.

Tonight at dinner she claimed that during the Civil Rights Movement, which is still going on, there was no looting.  I claimed BS and she pulled the "but I was there" card.

Ironbite-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8326 on: December 08, 2014, 07:17:45 pm »
She's right though, back then the Negroes simply asked the whites for equality and we happily agreed.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8327 on: December 08, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »
Equality just gushed from hoses and bounded in on the backs of attack dogs.  It was awesome.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8329 on: December 08, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »
Christmas carols. Whoever thought playing the same five songs over and over and over again every Christmas was a good idea needs to be lynched.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8330 on: December 09, 2014, 12:05:52 am »
Christmas carols. Whoever thought playing the same five songs over and over and over again every Christmas was a good idea needs to be lynched.
Hey, at least they're not playing Christmas Shoes every five minutes anymore. That thing was creepy.

Granted, I get to listen to "Let It Go" all day at work, now, so only marginally better...

You're lucky.  One of my local malls seems to love that song.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8331 on: December 09, 2014, 12:18:32 am »
Rudolf the Red nose reindeer is a story with a moral of: If you're bullied and one day you prove useful to your bullies you should help them and completely forget about the bullying

Santa baby is weird and gross.

Two shoes is idiotic and emotionally manipulative, why people find the song sad and not nauseating is beyond me.

"Baby it's Cold Outside" should be renamed "You know you want it, whore." just so people get how fucked up that shit is. 

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8332 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:05 am »
Any song about anyone expressing romantic or sexual desire toward Saint Nick is weird and gross.

That includes I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, some stupid novelty Christmas song anyway.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8333 on: December 09, 2014, 09:43:50 am »
The latest Skype update makes it nearly unusable.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #8334 on: December 09, 2014, 12:20:16 pm »
That includes I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, some stupid novelty Christmas song anyway.
Don't know that song. Is it a parody of I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog-Sothoth? ;)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8335 on: December 09, 2014, 02:32:15 pm »
There's been another torrent-related police raid in Sweden today, and the Pirate Bay (as well as some other torrent sites) have been down for most of the day because of it.  Chances are, this won't kill the single best torrent site on the net, but its still annoying as all hell.  I wish they'd just fuck off already and finally realize that they already lost the war.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8336 on: December 09, 2014, 10:42:24 pm »
There's been another torrent-related police raid in Sweden today, and the Pirate Bay (as well as some other torrent sites) have been down for most of the day because of it.  Chances are, this won't kill the single best torrent site on the net, but its still annoying as all hell.  I wish they'd just fuck off already and finally realize that they already lost the war.

Way back in the day, they told us that sharing was caring. I want to go back to way back in the day.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8337 on: December 10, 2014, 07:56:47 am »
Yeah, considering Warner Bros. Records took down a video from the long-shelved Deftones album Eros...which had been posted by a member of the fucking band on their own channel.

Also, it amuses me how the police report said that they were targeting a data centre built into a "mountain."  Was The Pirate Bay hosted in a Vault?!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8338 on: December 10, 2014, 09:37:11 am »
Nah.  A mountain of servers they had to hack through.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8339 on: December 13, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »
Animating in Maya and "Auto-gamble".

For those who don't understand what I am talking about, it's when you turn animation from the work in progress stepped and plateau modes into auto mode - as it should be - and the results are animations looking like the character is having seizures in parts of their body. More annoying is that I have no patience when I'm doing animations and I can't control the "seizures".

If you guys are asking me to animate for 3D Animation in a competent, high-budget, high-risk, high-skill company, forget it.