Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070883 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9510 on: December 27, 2015, 02:25:16 pm »
My friend took his dog Albert to the park, and one of the people there had an aggressive husky who attacked Albert. Of course, Albert fought back, so another guy stepped in and attempted to stop them by putting Albert in a headlock. That's basically the worst thing he could've done, because Albert became terrified and began biting at everything in sight trying to break free. My friend, who ran over to help, was bitten in the process, and now the massive wound won't stop bleeding. Plus he's afraid people will report his dog. All kinds of good things here.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:28:11 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9511 on: December 27, 2015, 07:09:58 pm »
My friend took his dog Albert to the park, and one of the people there had an aggressive husky who attacked Albert. Of course, Albert fought back, so another guy stepped in and attempted to stop them by putting Albert in a headlock. That's basically the worst thing he could've done, because Albert became terrified and began biting at everything in sight trying to break free. My friend, who ran over to help, was bitten in the process, and now the massive wound won't stop bleeding. Plus he's afraid people will report his dog. All kinds of good things here.

I remember reading a post from a dog trainer on tumblr that basically said shit like this is why dog parks are terrible places that you shouldn't take your dog to.  You have a bunch of strange dogs with varying personalities gathered in one place with owners that either a) think their dog is well behaved when it's not, b) think their dog is "just playing" when it's not, c) think aggressive behavior is "cute" when it's not (especially with small breeds), d) think dogs need no supervision when running around, or e) all of the above.

Are there any witnesses that could verify that it was the husky that attacked first?

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9512 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:17 am »

I remember reading a post from a dog trainer on tumblr that basically said shit like this is why dog parks are terrible places that you shouldn't take your dog to.  You have a bunch of strange dogs with varying personalities gathered in one place with owners that either a) think their dog is well behaved when it's not, b) think their dog is "just playing" when it's not, c) think aggressive behavior is "cute" when it's not (especially with small breeds), d) think dogs need no supervision when running around, or e) all of the above.

Are there any witnesses that could verify that it was the husky that attacked first?

My dog was once approached by an aggressive humper (yes, really) at a dog park and was obviously terrified.  The first time I've ever seen my sweet pup snap at any other creature.  I'm looking for the other dog's owner--she's completely ignoring what's going on, talking on her cellphone while looking in the exact opposite direction.

WATCH YOUR DOGS, PEOPLE.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9513 on: December 30, 2015, 03:06:21 pm »
Its been two days since I ordered something off Amazon, and it has yet to actually ship.  They say they've got my order, but its not moving past that point.  SHIP, YOU FUCK!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9514 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:26 pm »
Its been two days since I ordered something off Amazon, and it has yet to actually ship.  They say they've got my order, but its not moving past that point.  SHIP, YOU FUCK!

You think that's bad?  My mom ordered a book that was required reading for one of my sister's classes on December 7th.  Not only has it not arrived yet, but the assignment that required the book to be read has since passed.  When I was in high school, all required reading books were provided by the damn school, unless it was summer reading.  And no, the book wasn't available in any library, school or local.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9515 on: December 30, 2015, 08:20:15 pm »

You think that's bad?  My mom ordered a book that was required reading for one of my sister's classes on December 7th.  Not only has it not arrived yet, but the assignment that required the book to be read has since passed.  When I was in high school, all required reading books were provided by the damn school, unless it was summer reading.  And no, the book wasn't available in any library, school or local.

Should've bought the e-book instead. Those things gives no fucks about delivery times.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9516 on: December 30, 2015, 08:30:58 pm »
There likely isn't an electronic version.  If its a college-level book, then they want to squeeze as much money out of students as possible, and electronic versions of any kind, even with DRM, can eventually be copied and distributed at the completely reasonable fee of "not a god damned penny," which is what those price-gouging fucks deserve.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9517 on: December 30, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »
Really? Because piracy was how I got all of my uni textbooks. They'd often take a while to download thanks to half-dead torrents, but you'd get them eventually.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9518 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:11 pm »
I've only found one, so far.  They release new editions, which move things enough to make the old ones relatively useless for normal usage, yearly.  I've always envisioned a piracy service for college textbooks, but I'd...rather not open that can of worms, myself.  I do NOT want to be extradited to Texas.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9519 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:21 am »
Dad was trying to get my new 3DS to work with the wi-fi.  Instead, he managed to take out the rest of the wi-fi and still my 3DS won't connect.

Ironbite-kind of annoying really.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9520 on: December 31, 2015, 01:32:35 am »
Really? Because piracy was how I got all of my uni textbooks. They'd often take a while to download thanks to half-dead torrents, but you'd get them eventually.

my teachers actively promoted piracy on two conditions: the sources were reliable, and it cost other universities money.

... that was it. "here are some torrents and files that you could find useful. now, they are trustworthy, since they were published by our academic colleagues from paris-sorbonne and bordeaux, but hey. at least this way it won't bloat their egos. remember to buy things at the in-house bookshop, it's dirt-cheap and it helps the university develop its printing antenna".

also, i pity you americans. required reading at my school (if not given digitally by the teacher) cost me the whole sum of... 23€ for one book? something like that. the in-house bookshop aimed to only break even, and in turn published all the alumni that got a degree in the school.

did i mention my uni was rated number one in france for welfare programs? despite that, the student unions managed to make it rated number one for student strikes... proof that you can't satisfy the perpetually dissatisfied french.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9521 on: December 31, 2015, 02:13:41 am »
I just got Bloodborne and already I have an unfavorite foe.

Fucking werewolves. They hit like trucks and travel damn fast when they want to.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9522 on: December 31, 2015, 04:29:42 am »
something weird just happened. in my job, it's a risk that i become functionnally useless for various reasons. either the client doesn't show up, the appointment is cancelled, things like that.

anyway, i got up at 7 after napping three hours, got prettied up, dressed sharp enough to cut glass, put on my bling. i'm feeling good, get there ten minutes early. the model of the slightly eccentric professionnal.

the immigration ministry office forgot to cancel the appointment. they told me they were sorry for that, and told me to go home.

my contract specifies that in cases where the interpreter becomes useless, they are paid for the preordained time of the appointment.

now, you may be thinking that i'm annoyed at having woken up early, and gone there to be told to go home. maybe you're thinking: "what's he got to complain about? he got paid for free!"

that's not what annoys me. what annoys me is that i didn't get to help people today. and to add insult to injury, i got paid for it. screwy reward system, if you ask me.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9523 on: December 31, 2015, 08:52:05 am »
That's standard for contractors, professionals and hairstylists, too - paying when you don't cancel in time.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9524 on: January 03, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

my teachers actively promoted piracy on two conditions: the sources were reliable, and it cost other universities money.

... that was it. "here are some torrents and files that you could find useful. now, they are trustworthy, since they were published by our academic colleagues from paris-sorbonne and bordeaux, but hey. at least this way it won't bloat their egos. remember to buy things at the in-house bookshop, it's dirt-cheap and it helps the university develop its printing antenna".

also, i pity you americans. required reading at my school (if not given digitally by the teacher) cost me the whole sum of... 23€ for one book? something like that. the in-house bookshop aimed to only break even, and in turn published all the alumni that got a degree in the school.

did i mention my uni was rated number one in france for welfare programs? despite that, the student unions managed to make it rated number one for student strikes... proof that you can't satisfy the perpetually dissatisfied french.

23 euros for a book? O_____O  Most of my uni textbooks were well over $100.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!