Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073696 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9885 on: April 19, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
I'm pretty sure none of them hold a candle to TJ Kirk.

You mean in your estimation of their vitriolic hatred of feminism?

I'm pretty sure none of them hold a candle to you.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Even Then

« Reply #9886 on: April 19, 2016, 04:50:20 pm »
Well, my sig from the beginning has been me hating TJ Kirk, so no argument from me on loud atheists being fuckshits.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9887 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »
So this is something I've noticed, why are almost all the big and prominent YouTube Atheist like Armoured Skeptic, Mrrepzion and a few others such glaring anti-feminist. Like what the hell it's hard enough finding a good one with some kind of production value but half of them are such glaring assholes.

Reducing suicide baiting, death/rape threats and verbal harassment into just "mean words" to make the complainant seem unreasonable for reporting the perpetrator. Fuck that noise.

As someone who's become more critical of SJWs this past year, I couldn't agree more.  I might start a seperate thread on this because it's been bugging me for a while.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9888 on: April 19, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »
Reducing suicide baiting, death/rape threats and verbal harassment into just "mean words" to make the complainant seem unreasonable for reporting the perpetrator. Fuck that noise.

On that note, the ones who demand proof that someone is being harassed or abused.  I understand skepticism; extraraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but online abuse isn't that much of an extraordinary claim.  Unless they're accusing a specific individual (extraordinary claim), why assume they're lying?

Even Then

« Reply #9889 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:11 pm »
Also the ones that demand sources for personal opinions. I've seen this exchange going on on Tumblr:

Person A: No one should starve.
Person B: Source?

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9890 on: April 20, 2016, 12:08:02 am »
Oh don't get me started on that.  "Citation needed" is another one that's abused. 

Fuck off, this is not a college paper. 

Even Then

« Reply #9891 on: April 20, 2016, 12:29:45 am »
And that whole "condemned in the court of public opinion" bullshit can eat a hot one too. Even when personal acquaintances of that Literal Trailers guy stepped forth and gave accounts that supported that one woman's allegations of him abusing her, or at the very least spoke poorly of him as a person (not saying they're ironclad evidence but there's a chance there's something there), people were crawling out of the woodwork to defend his ass. The guy's not being crucified as a poor defenceless martyr by The SJW Horde or getting tossed to jail because of public opinion just because some people don't like him and/or think the allegations have weight, he's being strongly defended and he's still making shit unimpeded, jesus fuck.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9892 on: April 20, 2016, 12:49:40 am »
...There's something that annoys me and it showed up again.

If I say "I'm a men's rights activist and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" FUCK YOU! MRA'S JUST HATE WOMEN AND ARE NOT INTERESTED IN EQUALITY!

Ok, then. That movement is clearly associated too much by assholes who really do complain about women and fight against feminism rather than trying to bring light to inequalities facing men. Fair enough, let's try it again...

If I say "I'm an Eqalitarian and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" FUCK YOU! EQALITARIAN'S ARE JUST A REBRANDING OF MRA'S! THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT EQUALITY ARE FEMINISTS!

Well, to be honest some of the people who call themselves egalitarians really are just MRA's trying to pick a less hated name for their agenda. Let's try again...

If I say "I am a feminist and I think men are suffering from discrimination in-" STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT! WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE TROUBLES THAT WOMEN FACE AND YOUR MANSPLAINING AND "WHATABAUTISM" IS NOT HELPING!

...I mean, I am obviously aware that men in general are among the least discriminated groups but talking about our (few) problems really doesn't seem easy. I for one would like to use the egalitarian term but since it's being dragged to mud as well that doesn't seem to be working either.

And saying that "It's all patriarchy's fault" also seems to be a way to shut down the conversation and drag it back to being about how women suffer.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #9893 on: April 20, 2016, 01:16:08 am »
Eh, to me when feminists bring up patriarchy in response to male suffering, it's more along the lines of "we acknowledge that men suffer gendered issues in society, but the toxic gender expectations that cause this are linked to misogyny and have been/are upheld by ideals of masculinity established by men; therefore, dismantling patriarchy will help men along with women". Maybe I've just been lucky and been mostly in contact with the reasonable ones, I'unno.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9894 on: April 20, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »
askold: I hate that too.  It's especially hypocritical when they demand that those concerned with those issues join feminism, but then dismiss them because "it's our movement!".  And I don't think feminism focusing solely on woman's issues is a bad thing.  They should have the right to focus on what they want to focus on.  But so should other people outside of feminism, and when feminists try to monopolize everything, they are interfering with that right.

Also, I'm so sick of all these SJW buzzwords used to shut down discussion.  "Tone Policing" is often used to describe mere disagreement.  It's also used as an excuse to be a total shitbag in the name of social justice.  When anyone calls them out on their shitbaggery, they accuse them of tone policing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9895 on: April 20, 2016, 01:12:40 pm »
Most commonly the "Stop changing the subject" thingy comes up when talking about domestic violence. Which is a problem because men have much less chance of getting into any kind of shelter to escape from a violent relationship and emotional violence that men face is swept under the rug all too commonly.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9896 on: April 20, 2016, 01:21:30 pm »
And I don't think feminism focusing solely on woman's issues is a bad thing.  They should have the right to focus on what they want to focus on.  But so should other people outside of feminism, and when feminists try to monopolize everything, they are interfering with that right.

Last I checked, I'm not being arrested for talking about issues that men face outside of feminism. I can talk about it as much as I want; there are venues out there that eat it all up, seemingly.

You have to stretch mighty far to imply this is a freedom of speech or lack-of-platform issue. Disingenuously far, actually.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #9897 on: April 20, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
Most commonly the "Stop changing the subject" thingy comes up when talking about domestic violence. Which is a problem because men have much less chance of getting into any kind of shelter to escape from a violent relationship and emotional violence that men face is swept under the rug all too commonly.

Male victims of domestic abuse not being arrested as perpetrators when they report their abuser would be a start.

Just another wonderful thing feminism has given the world ^_^

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9898 on: April 20, 2016, 03:41:24 pm »
And I don't think feminism focusing solely on woman's issues is a bad thing.  They should have the right to focus on what they want to focus on.  But so should other people outside of feminism, and when feminists try to monopolize everything, they are interfering with that right.

Last I checked, I'm not being arrested for talking about issues that men face outside of feminism. I can talk about it as much as I want; there are venues out there that eat it all up, seemingly.

You have to stretch mighty far to imply this is a freedom of speech or lack-of-platform issue. Disingenuously far, actually.

Fucking hell, I said no such thing about freedom of speech or men getting arrested.  I'm talking about individual feminists who insist on everyone being a feminist.

Even Then

« Reply #9899 on: April 20, 2016, 11:28:08 pm »
Apparently that whole "let's rag on the dude who donated a cool fucking grand to Undertale because he draws weird shit on his spare time" thing is resurfacing. After he made a statement about being in emotional pain and misery because of the drama and the mistreatment both by the fandom and by Toby himself. MOTHERFUCK.