Community > The Lounge

10 best and worst cities for Men to live in

(1/3) > >>

CaseAgainstFaith:

--- Quote ---To determine the rankings, the magazine evaluated 100 cities in 35 categories, which included exercise, employment, air quality, heart disease, diabetes and depression. The data came from sources such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Center for Disease Control and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Burlington, Vt., was listed as America's best city for men, while Memphis, Tenn., was at the bottom of the list. Kansas City pulled down the 91st spot, while St. Louis was tabbed for 96th. Both received F rankings, according to Men's Health.

The 10 Worst
100. Memphis, Tenn. | F
99. Burlington, Ala. | F
98. Philadelphia, Penn. | F
97. Detroit, Mich. | F
96. St. Louis, Mo. | F
95. Jackson, Miss. | F
94. Cleveland, Ohio | F
93. Tulsa, Okla. | F
92. Toledo, Ohio | F
91. Kansas City, Mo. | F

The 10 Best
10. Raleigh, N.C. | A-
9. Aurora, Colo. | A-
8. Seattle, Wash. | A-
7. Virginia Beach, Va. | A-
6. Austin, Texas | A-
5. Boise, Idaho | A-
4. San Jose, Calif. | A
3. Plano, Texas | A
2. Madison, Wisc. | A
1. Burlington, Vt. | A+

--- End quote ---
source - http://www.kmbc.com/news/30133627/detail.html

Well crap, looks like I need to find a new city. Though if I'm not mistaken most of those in the top 10 are really richie cities.

Vene:
Why just men? I think exercise, employment, air quality, heart disease, diabetes and depression are all important factors for the well-being of women as well.

Sixth Monarchist:

--- Quote from: Vene on January 04, 2012, 05:11:41 pm ---Why just men? I think exercise, employment, air quality, heart disease, diabetes and depression are all important factors for the well-being of women as well.
--- End quote ---

Yes, but women have magical healing powers. We think. The research is still unclear.

Not reported in the article is how the broader study found East St. Louis slipping to #300 in the listings.

MaybeNever:

--- Quote from: Vene on January 04, 2012, 05:11:41 pm ---Why just men? I think exercise, employment, air quality, heart disease, diabetes and depression are all important factors for the well-being of women as well.

--- End quote ---

I would assume that they only examined a male population in areas where that was feasible, and anyway it's Men's Health magazine. Of course they're going to set things up around the assumption that their readers are male.

Osama bin Bambi:
Seattle! Fuck yeah! It's like 50 degrees all year round!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version