Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2068063 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #6705 on: July 28, 2013, 12:34:23 am »
It's not a crime, because they stole it. It's your food, and had they followed the law, they would be fine. After all, for all they know, she might have needed that laxative sandwich for some reason. It's not like she put rat poison in it. It would have been really easy to claim that she needed it. Besides, anyone stupid enough to steal food from a coworker while working in a prison deserves it (counselor/teacher, if you're wondering what my mother's job was).

I'm fairly certain that "It wouldn't be a problem if they had followed the law" is not a valid defence, anyone correct me if I'm wrong here. If you expect someone to eat your food, then putting something in it is equivalent to putting it in their food. Hard to prove an expectation, true, but not ultimately relevant.

It's still poisoning someone and is against the law. It doesn't have to nearly kill you based on ingredients alone to be considered poisoning. Putting, say, laxatives in something could cause someone to become badly dehydrated which causes a bunch of Not Good Things to happen and you would be responsible for putting someone in the hospital because you wanted to get revenge and fuck with someone's health.

It's best to just deal with things in a better, safer way that doesn't have a chance of landing you in jail for food poisoning.
Like I said, I don't know if it's poisoning if they stole something you intended to take and proceeded to take it themselves. Imagine if someone took needed medication via food, but someone stole the food and ate it. That's not poisoning, either.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #6706 on: July 28, 2013, 12:46:49 am »

I had to show that one to my dad (retired JPL programmer). He liked it.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6707 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:04 am »
It's not a crime, because they stole it. It's your food, and had they followed the law, they would be fine. After all, for all they know, she might have needed that laxative sandwich for some reason. It's not like she put rat poison in it. It would have been really easy to claim that she needed it. Besides, anyone stupid enough to steal food from a coworker while working in a prison deserves it (counselor/teacher, if you're wondering what my mother's job was).

I'm fairly certain that "It wouldn't be a problem if they had followed the law" is not a valid defence, anyone correct me if I'm wrong here. If you expect someone to eat your food, then putting something in it is equivalent to putting it in their food. Hard to prove an expectation, true, but not ultimately relevant.

It's still poisoning someone and is against the law. It doesn't have to nearly kill you based on ingredients alone to be considered poisoning. Putting, say, laxatives in something could cause someone to become badly dehydrated which causes a bunch of Not Good Things to happen and you would be responsible for putting someone in the hospital because you wanted to get revenge and fuck with someone's health.

It's best to just deal with things in a better, safer way that doesn't have a chance of landing you in jail for food poisoning.
Like I said, I don't know if it's poisoning if they stole something you intended to take and proceeded to take it themselves. Imagine if someone took needed medication via food, but someone stole the food and ate it. That's not poisoning, either.

Hence why we have words like 'intent', 'mens rea', and 'actus rea'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #6708 on: July 28, 2013, 01:42:31 am »
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but it's entirely possible the note is real but there was no pot in the brownies. Leaving a note would be moronic if your goal was to try to get the other person fired, but it would be perfect if you didn't really spike the brownies and you just wanted to make the other person shit their pants in fear.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6709 on: July 28, 2013, 06:51:21 am »

Spoilered for size:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:59:47 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #6710 on: July 28, 2013, 07:00:43 am »

This guy is spot-on. It's the Murphy's Law of the IT World.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6711 on: July 28, 2013, 11:24:03 am »

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #6712 on: July 28, 2013, 11:40:41 am »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6713 on: July 28, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »
Σא

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6714 on: July 28, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »

a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6715 on: July 28, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #6716 on: July 28, 2013, 06:35:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #6717 on: July 28, 2013, 06:37:33 pm »

Behold! The Dictator's tongue scrapper!
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6718 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6719 on: July 28, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »

This guy is spot-on. It's the Murphy's Law of the IT World.

So many frustrating college memories.