Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066511 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7260 on: September 11, 2013, 08:03:00 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7261 on: September 11, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »
The new Robocop film looks awful. They changed his character and the plot too much.

Yes because you can tell that from a trailer.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7262 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #7263 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:54 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7264 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:08 am »
The new Robocop film looks awful. They changed his character and the plot too much.

Hey, I didn't know there was a trailer!

After watching it I'm actually hopeful that this will be a good movie. At least the actors in it are good and unless the trailer is horribly lying it will be as dystopian as the first one and having the same "man or machine" dilemma.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #7265 on: September 12, 2013, 02:17:13 am »
I watched the trailer for the first time today and think it has definite potential. I doubt it will be BETTER than the original, but I like that they're taking a different angle on the conflict between the man and the machine, as well as tackling the emotions trauma victims go through when they wake up and find their bodies drastically altered.

And for everyone bitching about the fact he still has more than his face: Get over it. It's not a shot-for-shot remake; making the design identical to the original would be pointless.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7266 on: September 12, 2013, 06:09:40 am »

???

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7267 on: September 12, 2013, 06:15:38 am »
*opens mouth to say something*

*beat*

*thinks better of it, closes it again*

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7268 on: September 12, 2013, 06:30:21 am »

And for everyone bitching about the fact he still has more than his face: Get over it. It's not a shot-for-shot remake; making the design identical to the original would be pointless.

My complaint is not that the design is not identical to the original, my complaint is the design looks shit on it's on merrits.  I've already explained that I like redesigns when they look good.

As a few examples, the alien design in Aliens has some significant changes from the one in Alien yet I think the Aliens ones look much better than the original.  I've seen fan created designs of Street Fighter characters that I would love to make it into SF5.  I'm one of the only people who actually likes the new armour styles in Halo 4.

New Robocop's design just looks like ass to me, and it looks like a hairy ass when it's painted all black.  It looks too much like what it is; a man in a plastic suit.  I cannot suspend my disbelief with it the same way I could with the original suit.  Now, within the context of the story maybe he's made out of new, non metalic compsite materials which explains why the suit looks like that (after all, it's obvious they're not going with the "walking tank" concept of the original so lighter materials would make sense), but it still doesnt help with my disbelief because it just looks too fake.

Edit: I feel it's also important to mention that I didn't think the new Total Recall remake was all that bad.  It's certainly not as bad as everyone keeps trying to tell me it is. And I love the Arnie Total Recall almost as much as I love the 1st 3 Alien movies.  Yeah that's right, I said I like Alien 3. Sue me.

I'm not one of those people who autmotically hates new versions of things because they're not identical in every way to my precious originals without giving the new one a chance.  But I genuinely do not think the new Robocop looks like it will be good.  Of course I WANT it to be good; I love Robocop, why would I want a brand spanking new shiney Robocop movie to be shit?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:45:28 am by Katsuro »

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #7269 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:26 am »

With that trailer, yes. He dies in a car bombing, not a crucifiction by shotgun. He's painted black. His emotions are far, far less subtle, and has them quite often and openly.

My complaint is not that the design is not identical to the original, my complaint is the design looks shit on it's on merrits.  I've already explained that I like redesigns when they look good.

As a few examples, the alien design in Aliens has some significant changes from the one in Alien yet I think the Aliens ones look much better than the original.  I've seen fan created designs of Street Fighter characters that I would love to make it into SF5.  I'm one of the only people who actually likes the new armour styles in Halo 4.

New Robocop's design just looks like ass to me, and it looks like a hairy ass when it's painted all black.  It looks too much like what it is; a man in a plastic suit.  I cannot suspend my disbelief with it the same way I could with the original suit.  Now, within the context of the story maybe he's made out of new, non metalic compsite materials which explains why the suit looks like that (after all, it's obvious they're not going with the "walking tank" concept of the original so lighter materials would make sense), but it still doesnt help with my disbelief because it just looks too fake.
This too, and agreed on Halo 4. Robocop was clunky. He was supposed to be clunky. He looked like a metal machine, because he was clunky. This Robocop is not clunky. He doesn't look like Robocop. He looks like Iron Cop.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:38:43 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7270 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:44 am »

With that trailer, yes. He dies in a car bombing, not a crucifiction by shotgun. He's painted black. His emotions are far, far less subtle, and has them quite often and openly.

This too, and agreed on Halo 4. Robocop was clunky. He was supposed to be clunky. He looked like a metal machine, because he was clunky. This Robocop is not clunky. He doesn't look like Robocop. He looks like Iron Cop.

Well as I said, it looks like instead of a walking tank they've gone for something a bit more "ninja-ish" for want of a better word.  Which, whilst I enjoy ninjas as much as the next man, doesn't "do it" for me with regards to what Robocop is supposed to be. But inspite of that I would give such a change a chance, i could still enjoy it in a different way to the original...if it didn't look like a man in a plastic suit.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7271 on: September 12, 2013, 07:37:29 am »

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:24:44 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7272 on: September 12, 2013, 08:27:29 am »

Based on the trailer, Keaton's character is in charge of Robocop's design and keeps changing (I think I saw the original costume in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene in the trailer) it based what he believes would have the effect he wants. During the trailer you see several variations at least in colour (original silver, all-black, silver and black) and probably in function as well.

He looks like a black-ninja-robot because some corporate executive thinks that would go well with the target audience. "Make him more tactical... Make him look... Let's go with black."

Basically, this is like the difference between the costumes in Watchmen comic and the movie. Time has passed, aesthetics have changed and they wanted to give a more "modern" appearance to Robocop. Not just because of what the audience expects but also because the old clunky 80's costume does not look like something a company 20 minutes to the future would make from our point of view.

And a link to the trailer. You see several scenes of the robosuit in classic colours. (Maybe they change back from all-black when it doesn't do well in focus group tests? In the movie I mean, not just IRL.)
(click to show/hide)

But this is all based on just one trailer so more likely than not I'm wrong.

EDIT: I'm just going to add that it's cool that Robocop is a lefty. This is probably because Murphy loses his left arm and leg so the left leg is turned into a holster, he does use a gun with his right arm as well. Though when a person has computer assisted targeting and other cyborg upgrades I'm not sure if it matters which hand used to be dominant.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:30:37 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

wrightway

« Reply #7273 on: September 12, 2013, 11:22:24 am »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7274 on: September 12, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »
That girl does not look like a happy camper O_o

Also:

Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet