Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066777 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9465 on: July 25, 2014, 04:39:45 pm »
These days a lot of the food we eat in Britain is "continental" or Asian in origin, so...umm...there lol.  Plus we have Cadbury's and if you disagree that Cadbury's is brilliant then shut up 'coz you're wrong.  End of story. Ssh.  SSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

I love it too when American's talk shit about British food (I've no idea if the thing in that pic was by an American or not, it just reminded me of this is all).  I've been to the US, I've experienced what some of your restaurants and supermarkets have to offer and you do not get to talk shit about anybody else's food lol.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:42:51 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9466 on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

The ending genuinley suprised me.  Well done whoever created that.

I second that. Well done!
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9467 on: July 25, 2014, 06:36:57 pm »
These days a lot of the food we eat in Britain is "continental" or Asian in origin, so...umm...there lol.  Plus we have Cadbury's and if you disagree that Cadbury's is brilliant then shut up 'coz you're wrong.  End of story. Ssh.  SSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

I love it too when American's talk shit about British food (I've no idea if the thing in that pic was by an American or not, it just reminded me of this is all).  I've been to the US, I've experienced what some of your restaurants and supermarkets have to offer and you do not get to talk shit about anybody else's food lol.

Who could possibly hate fish & chips?
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9468 on: July 25, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9469 on: July 25, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKdIyC6y_g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKdIyC6y_g</a>
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9470 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9471 on: July 25, 2014, 09:13:27 pm »
That felt ridiculously preachy and guilt-trippy to me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9472 on: July 25, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »
I thought it was more scathing of those overly dramatic teenage girl blogs.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9473 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #9474 on: July 25, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »

It's still preachy and guilt-trippy. "You don't have it as bad as a soldier, so shut up!"
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9475 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

There was nothing more overly dramatic in that series than the overreaction to those teenage girl blogs.

Teenagers actually do have problems.  Belittling them by comparing them to soldiers is moronic, at best.  Teenagers worry about their futures.  Teenagers suffer from depression.  Teenagers suffer heartbreak.

Not to mention, mocking the more positive ones is stupid, too.  It's okay to be happy that you found someone who cares about you.  It's okay to love your animals.  It's okay to feel.

That comic does belong here, but only because it's probably the stupidest thing submitted to this thread.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9476 on: July 25, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »
Plus, it relies on a logical fallacy called "Appeal to Worse Problems".  Just because somebody has it worse than you, doesn't mean your problems aren't legitimate.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9477 on: July 25, 2014, 11:27:27 pm »
Well then.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9478 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:24 pm »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9479 on: July 26, 2014, 10:02:17 am »
Plus, it relies on a logical fallacy called "Appeal to Worse Problems".  Just because somebody has it worse than you, doesn't mean your problems aren't legitimate.

There is already a meme for that, called "First World Problems."