Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2065514 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #10845 on: September 25, 2015, 04:38:25 am »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10846 on: September 25, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »
I am most certainly just following orders.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #10847 on: September 25, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »
I'd flip Jar Jar and Vader
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10848 on: September 25, 2015, 03:34:14 pm »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #10849 on: September 25, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
It would be more mathematically elegant to mark the angle in radians.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10850 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »

Yes, but this is probably a high school--when is radian measure typically taught down there? (I don't recall learning it until Grade 12 math.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10851 on: September 25, 2015, 04:14:23 pm »
Eagleland doesn't need yer fancy metric system that makes sense!  We have our arbitrary, retarded Imperial system that doesn't make any god damned sense!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #10852 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:50 pm »

Yes, but this is probably a high school--when is radian measure typically taught down there? (I don't recall learning it until Grade 12 math.)

They teach it in Trig and Calculus. Generally those are higher level classes, but most High Schools offer them to anyone who can make it in.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10853 on: September 25, 2015, 04:32:02 pm »
Eagleland doesn't need yer fancy metric system that makes sense!  We have our arbitrary, retarded Imperial system that doesn't make any god damned sense!

It's not a metric vs Imperial thing. I mean, yes, technically the SI unit for angles is the radian but degrees are accepted for use with SI, and they're what every country, whether they use metric or not, starts with for schoolkids. Radians are more mathematically elegant if you're doing anything with trigonometric functions, but not quite as useful for everyday stuff or engineering because all the standard angles are irrational numbers (fractions of pi, specifically).

As a general rule, mathematicians and physicists use radians but pretty much everyone else uses degrees as far as I know.
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10854 on: September 25, 2015, 06:22:05 pm »

They teach it in Trig and Calculus. Generally those are higher level classes, but most High Schools offer them to anyone who can make it in.

But for what grades are those courses typically intended?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10855 on: September 25, 2015, 09:03:04 pm »

It's not a metric vs Imperial thing. I mean, yes, technically the SI unit for angles is the radian but degrees are accepted for use with SI, and they're what every country, whether they use metric or not, starts with for schoolkids. Radians are more mathematically elegant if you're doing anything with trigonometric functions, but not quite as useful for everyday stuff or engineering because all the standard angles are irrational numbers (fractions of pi, specifically).

As a general rule, mathematicians and physicists use radians but pretty much everyone else uses degrees as far as I know.

Oh, I know.  It just annoys me to no end how we're one of the only developed countries on the planet who's still, for all intents and purposes, counting with fingers and toes when the rest of the world has moved on to graphing calculators.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10856 on: September 26, 2015, 01:38:38 am »
This rule34 thing has been getting out of hands and it simply seems like there isn't much that hasn't already been tried. But as I tried to think of something that hasn't been done before I thought, why not...

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #10857 on: September 26, 2015, 06:50:44 am »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10858 on: September 26, 2015, 12:00:16 pm »

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #10859 on: September 26, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!