Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 63863 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2016, 12:23:17 am »
Looks like Der Trumpenfuhrer won big.

Now that he's achieved this, what sort of insanity will spill from his mouth next?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2016, 12:32:47 am »
Looks like Der Trumpenfuhrer won big.

Now that he's achieved this, what sort of insanity will spill from his mouth next?

Well, he already criticized Rubio for being unable to win any states... right before Rubio won Minnesota.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:07 am »
...Whatever else you think of Mr. Drumpf you have to admit that he is doing better in the elections than anyone (sane) assumed.

Who knows, maybe his presidency would be funny. It would certainly change the status quo.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 01:33:10 am »
Very true, Askold. So what are the immigration requirements where you are?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:47 am »

Don't go there, go to Cape Breton.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2016, 01:35:14 am »
Cruz wins Oklahoma? I'm not even American and I'm getting fucking scared for you guys.

Don't look at me, I voted for Bernie.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2016, 01:38:40 am »

Don't go there, go to Cape Breton.

No, the plan has always been to steal a sailboat, load up the wife and any children who can keep up, and leisurely sail to coastal Brazil spending my days getting slapped upside the head by Mrs. Rookie for the obvious reason. It's a good plan, practical and within my means.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2016, 01:45:33 am »

They have recently made it harder because of the refugees. Just while ago you could have just gotten married with a Finn to get the citizenship but now that is only possible for Finns who make a lot of money. (So you would have to get a rich wife. Oh the horror.)

Other than that (or proof that you are of Finnish descent) things get tougher. As you need to fulfill 6 qualifications:

1) Ability to speak and read Finnish.
2) ...Actually let's just stop here. I mean there would be things like having a clean criminal record, a source of income and having lived in Finland long enough but seeing as the language bit is enough trouble all by itself this ain't gonna be easy.

Plan B: Become an asylum seeker. You may have to wait until President Drumpf has caused a crisis that forces people to flee from USA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:47 pm »
So do you think that Chris Christie is regretting selling his soul? http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-christies-wordless-screaming-next-to-donald-trump-20160302-gn8yf5.html

Hilarious article about the look on his face during Trump's super Tuesday speech. I'm not sure if that's true or whether its rather how he normally looks. Then again it might be the realisation that not only could he not beat a clown he is now the clown's bitch.

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2016, 11:00:17 am »
I think Douglas Addams put it best. Don't vote for stupid.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2016, 11:22:33 am »
I've actually seen a Republican friend on facebook who is not a fan of Donald Trump compare him to Obama. I had to slap myself in the face.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2016, 04:07:43 pm »
My mom's family has an extremely weird and rare German surname (we're related to everyone with the same surname) so part of me is a little annoyed that people are making fun of a weird German surname but it's also Donald fucking Trump so I honestly don't care.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2016, 07:01:07 pm »
I have to wonder what the Germans think of Donald Trump's campaign and the various fascist vibes it gives off...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2016, 07:05:04 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ted-cruz-neil-macdonald-1.3473637

The Republican Party is reaping the whirlwind.

At a rally the other night for Senator Ted Cruz, the dour conservative scold famed for his severe ideological filter, righteous anger crackled through the auditorium of Houston Baptist University.

Some of Texas's most senior Republican politicians sneered from the stage at their own party hierarchy, congratulating Cruz and the Tea Party caucus for humiliating and dumping leaders like former House speaker John Boehner.

To these people, Boehner and his cohort are "RINOs" — Republicans in name only — the hated moderates who care principally about fiscal issues, rather than, say, abortion or gay marriage or the prevention of prayer in schools.

One speaker promised that as president, Cruz would govern "with a Bible in one hand and the Constitution in the other." The crowd roared. That, here, is the dream.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2016, 01:58:59 am »
Another article on the link between Trump and the desire for a strongman. http://www.theage.com.au/comment/explaining-the-rise-of-donald-trump-20160303-gna9d3.html

The divide is not left and right but between Authoritarians and those who aren't. The one thing that creates more authoritarians? Fear