Author Topic: The New New Art Thread.  (Read 87832 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: The New New Art Thread.
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »
Awesome work, John and Radiation. I love the figure of that woman, which is something I've always had a tough time drawing.

Edit: @MadCatTLX - Holy god, link that shit.

Fine. You don't like my massive images that I forgot to preview check for size :D?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Vormir

• Neonate
  • Miles' boyfriend
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 05:44:49 am »
A while ago I started playing Need For Speed World, a free to play racing MMO. It lets you design the paint jobs of your cars by placing and manipulating vinyls to make a design and I didn't want to have the boring default paint job that everyone else had, so I set out to design my own. I found that I actually have quite a knack for it, and I'm quite proud of the cars I designed.

Here's my Firebird, I took a vinyl of a flame and meticulously chose the colors and placed a bunch of them in just the right places to create the effect I wanted, overall it took about 2 hours, including time I spent experimenting with different designs:

And here's my El Camino. I went with a playing card theme, I looked at a bunch of playing cards to get it as close to a playing card as I could. I'm not quite satisfied with the swirls on the side, but that's the best I can come up with with the vinyl options I have, but maybe I'll come up with something better in the future.

Please tell me what you think, critique is highly appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:55:14 am by Vormir »
woof.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »
Vormir, that looks awesome. Kinda reminds me of a game I had called "Gearhead Garage" where you could pretty much do the same although it was kind of limited.

I think I like the playing card one the best.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76754449@N04/7035734843/in/photostream
GRRR - can't figure out how to link the image for this photo...

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 02:27:34 pm »
That's really neat, Kristine.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 05:29:51 pm »
That's really neat, Kristine.
Thanks - I do them ship in a bottle style through the top of the glass bulb (took me 4 years to figure how to get the base in there)

Is there a way to get the picture to show up from a flickr account?

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 09:39:07 pm »
I don't think you can link images from flicker with the [img] tags. I would suggest using imgur or photobucket next time as they actually have the links that you can copy and paste.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 04:15:30 am »

Fixed it for ya :)

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 09:53:15 am »
Fixed it for ya :)
:D Thanks Chad.   How'd you do that?  :o

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 12:19:19 am »
Does this count?

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »
One of my friends has been doing some very basic Photoshop stuff, putting pictures in pre-made frames and adding captions. Nothing wrong with that, but the other day, he said he was going to practice his skills a bit and try to make a career out of it. *sigh* It bugs me how people seem to think being a professional artist is so damn easy.

And what does an artist do when something ticks him off? Draws a snarky comic, of course!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00:39 am »
One of my friends has been doing some very basic Photoshop stuff, putting pictures in pre-made frames and adding captions. Nothing wrong with that, but the other day, he said he was going to practice his skills a bit and try to make a career out of it. *sigh* It bugs me how people seem to think being a professional artist is so damn easy.

And what does an artist do when something ticks him off? Draws a snarky comic, of course!

I just now noticed you're using a Pear.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2012, 12:09:57 am »
I like Pear computers better then Doors. More user friendly.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 12:51:39 am »
I know I  can't be the only one ...
Ever get an idea for your art type that gets stuck in your head - and even though you couldn't think of many people who would want to buy it/use it/appreciate it - you just have to do it anyway...

Well here is mine...This IS a 'christmas' ornament I had to make when I found small detailed printable tardisi (tardeses?)
Please pardon the smudgy look on the glass in the middle -I have to photo shop out the glare from the camera flash (any suggestions on that would be helpful - already have paper taped over the flash)

This is on the bottom of the base if you turn the ornament over...

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 07:10:40 am »
Awesome! :D