Author Topic: Jackass or not? RR poster hoping Mall shootings "leads people to christ"  (Read 4443 times)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Re: Jackass or not? RR poster hoping Mall shootings "leads people to christ"
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:46 am »
This is how RR rationalise any major traumatic incident.

Sad to say, they're getting rather predictable these days.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 01:23:12 pm »
A few posts down, Wally had this to say:
"I was at Cabelas where people had open carry.
Likey the first snap of a gun being cocked would have a half dozen laz dots on the Ten Ring before he even drew a bead.

Sadly this is the world under sin. We should run from such terror, but we also have to engage it.
Perferably before someone loads a gun.

Start with the heart, Start with Jesus.

It gripes me most when there is never any news follow up. X people died. Why?
What was missed? What can we do?

Maybe those Christians are on to something.... if we simply valued life - our own life.
If we could see how much God values us - to give His Only Son....... "

Anyone want to take this?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 12:30:11 am »
I'd rather not.

Ironbite-though I would like to get my twitch reflexes a go.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:25 am »
People (probably most people here) would probably see this as a vulture, who sees a tragedy like this and uses it to talk about how wonderful their god is and that they want the victims to convert to their religion and viewpoints.  It implies that their first concern isn't for the victims and their families, but how many converts they can get.  They don't know the victims, and for all they know, every single one of the victims could already be Christian.  And if they're not, it's very disrespectful to want a victim to abandon their beliefs in the midst of tragedy simply because you think yours are better.  It's taking advantage of vulnerable people for the sake of getting more followers.   During the Japanese earthquake/tsunami, there was someone who was excited because of the prospect of victims converting to Christianity because of the disaster, which was absolutely disgusting.

It's because to them, live on earth doesn't matter, it's all about the afterlife.  Oh yeah, people dying horrible agonizing deaths are harsh, but they'll go to heaven so it doesn't matter!

And that right there describes why I hate Evangelical Christianity with a firey passion.  They prey on people when they are at their lowest under the guise of "saving them".  When what they are really doing is feeding them self destructive dogma that encourages more nihilism and irrational thinking.  It's fucking evil. 

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 02:30:28 am »
And now, there's been another school shooting in the US

What the fuck people??

Uh, there's already a thread about that, ignored.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »
A few posts down, Wally had this to say:
"I was at Cabelas where people had open carry.
Likey the first snap of a gun being cocked would have a half dozen laz dots on the Ten Ring before he even drew a bead.

Yeah, right.

Likely there would have been a half dozen laz dots pointing at random people, including those people who had now drawn weapons and were looking for the shooter.

Friendly fire happens even with trained soldiers who are aware that they are in a war and what their targets look like, never mind a bunch of jumpy people in a crowded mall.
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:41:28 pm »
I don't think guns or Christ is a solution to this.

A mental health organization that wasn't run by profits might be a start though.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »
I'd kinda like to see a political cartoon from a first person perspective.

1. First panel, everyone is basically minding their own business.  Onomaetopia for the click of a hammer, coming from an indeterminate location.

2. Second panel, everyone (including the first person perspective) has guns drawn, and everyone is pointing at someone else randomly.

Tagline: "Which one is the shooter that came to kill everyone?"

Wouldn't change shit, but it'd make me vaguely happier.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 08:20:12 pm »

1. First panel, everyone is basically minding their own business.  Onomaetopia for the click of a hammer, coming from an indeterminate location.

2. Second panel, everyone (including the first person perspective) has guns drawn, and everyone is pointing at someone else randomly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 01:03:35 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI</a>

Ok, that was funny.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

Now that is funny!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 03:43:13 pm »
It's also ancient... like, from '07, '08.  It made the news when it got banned, mostly because of Microsoft's reaction of "really? We've had WORSE that you guys have had no problem with"
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »
When the 360 was released they clearly chose somebody fresh out of shits to give to run the marketing, there were a load of ads they had that never saw TV because they were deemed unsavoury. Anybody remember the 'cradle to grave' one where the newborn fires out of its mother, ages in the air and lands in its coffin?

Of course, that only made them go viral on the net, which was probably the idea in the first place.
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart