Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670839 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2370 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »
I have more, with a couple concerning the poor, persecuted Rush. Behold the stupidity:

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2371 on: April 14, 2013, 09:15:12 pm »
Basically this.  I think even the Rams saw the problems of having a racist lead a mostly black team.
Also by Allah I bet he's a birther

• The Beast
« Reply #2372 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:59 pm »
Basically this.  I think even the Rams saw the problems of having a racist lead a mostly black team.
Also by Allah I bet he's a birther
I remember one of the more common jokes at the time was that Rush Limbaugh had always wanted to own a group of black people.

• The Beast
« Reply #2373 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »
Got another from Mike Lester (just wish his first name was "Moe"):

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2374 on: April 14, 2013, 09:38:36 pm »
What?
I'm missing something, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Can someone give an explanation?
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

• The Beast
« Reply #2375 on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »

That dress is kinda cool  ::)

• The Beast
« Reply #2376 on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »
What?
I'm missing something, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Can someone give an explanation?
I'm guessing he's saying that only white people are smart enough to evacuate before a hurricane.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2377 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »
Those aren't even Islamic clothes, Muslims don't really wear turbans.  That outfit was more traditional Kenyan

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2378 on: April 14, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »

That dress is kinda cool  ::)

I modified this by accident >.< I was trying to quote it but must have clicked wrong. I'm really sorry! :(
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

• The Beast
« Reply #2379 on: April 14, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
Wait a minute, I don't think that dress is cool at all! :P

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2380 on: April 14, 2013, 10:58:23 pm »
Here, have a shitty webcomic as compensation:

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2381 on: April 14, 2013, 11:35:57 pm »
For the last time they are ROMA ROMA get it through your heads TLC

• The Beast
« Reply #2382 on: April 14, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »
I'm amazed that "gypsie"-bashing is still in vogue. I could've sworn the Jews would still be the number one target.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2383 on: April 15, 2013, 12:28:32 am »
I'm amazed that "gypsie"-bashing is still in vogue. I could've sworn the Jews would still be the number one target.

I guess that varies between regions or something. In Finland at least I have not really seen much anti-semitism. Well apart from neo-nazies but that comes with the rest of their baggage. Suspicion for gypsies/roma is way more common.

We just don't have a history of anti-semitism in Finland, I don't think we have ever had any problems with our jewish population. For the roma on the other hand there is a long history of stereotyping them as thieves and lazy scoundrels.

I was pondering if I should add this, but I do think that sometimes that stereotype is accurate. The problem is that any roma who do fit that negative stereotype used to get into news (untill it was decided that if a roma has been involved in a crime the news story must not be allowed to say that the suspect is roma. Instead they use something like "a person wearing a national costume" which is arguably worse.) and most people have anecdotal stories about the roma doing something criminal. Any law abiding, decent roma on the other hand is "below the radar" so to speak which means that the negative stereotype gets way more air time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2384 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:16 am »

I guess that varies between regions or something. In Finland at least I have not really seen much anti-semitism. Well apart from neo-nazies but that comes with the rest of their baggage. Suspicion for gypsies/roma is way more common.

We just don't have a history of anti-semitism in Finland, I don't think we have ever had any problems with our jewish population. For the roma on the other hand there is a long history of stereotyping them as thieves and lazy scoundrels.

I was pondering if I should add this, but I do think that sometimes that stereotype is accurate. The problem is that any roma who do fit that negative stereotype used to get into news (untill it was decided that if a roma has been involved in a crime the news story must not be allowed to say that the suspect is roma. Instead they use something like "a person wearing a national costume" which is arguably worse.) and most people have anecdotal stories about the roma doing something criminal. Any law abiding, decent roma on the other hand is "below the radar" so to speak which means that the negative stereotype gets way more air time.

I think it's a confirmation bias for bigots when they see a Roma criminal on the news. It's true with a lot of minorities, really. There are good people and bad people in every nation, ethnic group, etc. The difference is that when the criminal is non-Roma, this isn't treated as proof that all non-Roma are criminals, but when the criminal is Roma, people's worst biases are confirmed in their minds.