Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673910 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3405 on: August 03, 2013, 03:13:25 am »
Now, we need a response comic called "During Eden," and it'll just be 10 pages of Adam tediously naming EVERY ANIMAL EVER.  I think I'll take life after Eden for 500, Alex.

Or Adam humping sheep.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3406 on: August 03, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »

"Anti-white" is pretty half-arsed in his assault on "white". Also, what the hell is the shield a metaphor for?

Also, in what sense is your arse-backwards, dumb-fucking-hick society* anything remotely like the Greek one? For all the nasty things the Greeks did, they weren't a bunch of racists like you fuckwits.

* For those who may be confused, I'm not talking about American society or even hick society (which is not universally racist). I mean fuckwit society.

Greek's?  Not racist?

Ironbite-bro...you might need to read up on your history.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3407 on: August 03, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »
Isn't that a Roamn and yeah the Greeks loved enslaving each other

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3408 on: August 03, 2013, 05:31:10 pm »
That's a Roman Legionnaire. I think.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3409 on: August 03, 2013, 06:02:41 pm »
Seeing as the Romans had colonies in the middle east and Africa

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3410 on: August 04, 2013, 02:48:22 pm »
Romans were pretty racist, too.

Would I be wrong in assuming that most nations of the Greek and Roman time periods were racist?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3411 on: August 04, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »

Would I be wrong in assuming that most nations of the Greek and Roman time periods were racist?

Actually most nations were more concerned with cultural superiority and ethnocentrism, which sometimes went hand-in-hand with racism but not always. This is true in the Mediterranean, which actually was far more of a melting pot than is now portrayed in Hollywood- some of the Roman troops to invade England, for example, were Africans- but I'm not so sure of other places. The Romans were more cultural imperialist than racist- if you spoke Latin, were educated the Roman way, worshiped Roman gods, and followed Roman laws and customs, you were a proper Roman regardless of what part of the empire you were from. If not, you were a barbarian (or at least foreign). There actually was at least one fairly popular black emperor (who was properly Roman), in contrast to a disliked Germanic one (who was not).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3412 on: August 04, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Racism is about 500 years old. It's quite an enlightenment concept, actually. Read some Theodore W. Allen.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3413 on: August 04, 2013, 08:36:58 pm »
You're adorable if you think that.

Ironbite-it's about 500,000,000 years old actually.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3414 on: August 04, 2013, 08:38:29 pm »
You're adorable if you think that.

Ironbite-it's about 500,000,000 years old actually.

And you have the gall to call me ignorant.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3415 on: August 04, 2013, 08:44:13 pm »
I do.  Racism has been around FOR ALL OF HISTORY!  As long as people can look at people who look different then their group and say they hate them for their differences, there has been racism.

Ironbite-how that didn't penetrate your skull surprises me but then I remember who I'm talking to.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3416 on: August 04, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »
Although we don't have 500,000,000 years of history. We have maybe 10,000 years of history tops. The other parts are called pre-historic for a reason.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3417 on: August 04, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »
I do.  Racism has been around FOR ALL OF HISTORY!  As long as people can look at people who look different then their group and say they hate them for their differences, there has been racism.

Ironbite-how that didn't penetrate your skull surprises me but then I remember who I'm talking to.

Needless to say, my position has far more academic support than yours. Read a book.

-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3418 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:56 pm »

Racism is about 500 years old. It's quite an enlightenment concept, actually. Read some Theodore W. Allen.

You mean the guy who wrote the book "The Invention of the White Race"? The same guy who doesn't look further before the Antebellum era? The same guy who isn't an anthropologist? The same guy who isn't an archaeologist? The same guy with no education concerning the time before the Revolutionary War?

He was a writer by trade. He had no formal education in the topics that matter. So no, you don't have any academic support for your position.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3419 on: August 04, 2013, 09:10:18 pm »

Needless to say, my position has far more academic support than yours. Read a book.

I find that 99% of the time, when someone says something doesn't need to be said, but says it anyway, they know they're on shaky ground at best. I find the same thing applies when people cite "common sense".

And no, this isn't a refutation or argument against your inane sputtering about "REAL racism". Just something I found interesting.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.