Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1675803 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4335 on: January 24, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »
Osama bin Laden was "pro-life". Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4336 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:40 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4337 on: January 27, 2014, 05:36:41 pm »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4338 on: January 27, 2014, 06:34:49 pm »
Up until the last two sentences, the Strawman is right on the mark. Besides, there is evidence of same-sex love being accepted and even celebrated: even in the Old Testament. Look at the story of Ruth and Naomi, and just try to tell me "Where you go, there shall I go also; where you lodge, there shall I rest my head; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, so shall I fall, and I shall be buried beside you"(paraphrased, too lazy to look it up) means something other than "I love you, and I'll prove it." And that's not all: these two women apparently spend the entire rest of their lives together, and even when when Ruth has Obed, it's Naomi's reaction that makes the book, not Boaz'. Yeah, I know, "thye wert fUCKIN and thats why GOD hates TEH GAYYS", but the idea that the only way two people can have a deep romantic relationship is by constantly bumpin' uglies is a pretty sure sign that the person saying that has no real clue how human relationships work.

(I just have a lot of Ruthomi feels okay)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4339 on: January 27, 2014, 07:37:44 pm »
I also picked up some homoerotic vibes between David and Jonathan.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4340 on: January 27, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
To put it another way: the Bible can be pretty fucking gay.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

wrightway

« Reply #4341 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »
I also picked up some homoerotic vibes between David and Jonathan.

You mean David declaring "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women." 2nd Samuel 1:26

Sometimes fundie upbringing has its benefits (mainly that you can trip them up with their own book and it better helps you fight against fundie upbringing.).

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4342 on: January 27, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »
Homosexuality wasn't always villianized.  Even for the fertile crescent religions.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4343 on: January 27, 2014, 09:30:41 pm »

Can someone say "phony"? (bad pun on my part)
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4344 on: January 27, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »
Up until the last two sentences, the Strawman is right on the mark. Besides, there is evidence of same-sex love being accepted and even celebrated: even in the Old Testament. Look at the story of Ruth and Naomi, and just try to tell me "Where you go, there shall I go also; where you lodge, there shall I rest my head; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, so shall I fall, and I shall be buried beside you"(paraphrased, too lazy to look it up) means something other than "I love you, and I'll prove it." And that's not all: these two women apparently spend the entire rest of their lives together, and even when when Ruth has Obed, it's Naomi's reaction that makes the book, not Boaz'. Yeah, I know, "thye wert fUCKIN and thats why GOD hates TEH GAYYS", but the idea that the only way two people can have a deep romantic relationship is by constantly bumpin' uglies is a pretty sure sign that the person saying that has no real clue how human relationships work.

And consider the Bibles protagonist is a male carpenter who kisses other men, and spent most of his life around some men...

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4345 on: January 28, 2014, 01:25:32 am »

Maybe I've missed the whole point of this controversy, but I thought it wasn't not knowing about it that was the problem, but the fact that the nearest US troops were 12 hours away and couldn't have gotten there in time to do anything, never mind that US soldiers entering Libya probably would cause a hell of a lot more problems.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4346 on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:12 am »

Personally, I couldn't care less what the bible says. Legal rights shouldn't be affected by what one holy book has to say, particularly when that same holy book insists that slavery is okay, a father can sell his daughter, and disobedient children and people who work on the Sabbath should be stoned to death. Hell, it can't even get objective facts right: Are bats birds? Do rabbits chew their cud? Do insects have four legs? According to the bible, the answer to all of those questions is "yes".

And remind me, what's the value of pi again?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #4347 on: January 28, 2014, 02:16:09 am »

Maybe I've missed the whole point of this controversy, but I thought it wasn't not knowing about it that was the problem, but the fact that the nearest US troops were 12 hours away and couldn't have gotten there in time to do anything, never mind that US soldiers entering Libya probably would cause a hell of a lot more problems.
Media Matters reports she didn't so much as saw a live video of it as much as she was on the telephone about it.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4348 on: January 28, 2014, 10:20:17 am »

And consider the Bibles protagonist is a male carpenter who kisses other men, and spent most of his life around some men...

The Apostle John, The Beloved Disciple.

And David & Jonathan just screams "HOYAY!"

The alleged anti-gay verses were likely poorly-translated injunctions against pederasty & temple prostitution (the later due to sex slavery, not 'Sacred sex is evil'). The ancient forms of Hebrew, Greek & Aramaic are very tricky to translate & I have yet to find a translation that corrects the anti-gay verses. Apparently translators, even progressive ones, don't want to rock the boat.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #4349 on: January 28, 2014, 01:39:55 pm »

Ironic much?