Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1675258 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4545 on: February 18, 2014, 02:15:03 am »
Going back to the original debate, I'd like to point out that, while all politicians are subjected to over-the-top attacks and that none of them should be beyond criticism, it's extraordinarily difficult to believe that some (not all) of the attacks on Obama (the birther movement moving into the mainstream, people whining about his name being foreign-sounding, etc.) aren't racial in nature. Does that mean that every single person who criticizes Obama is racist? Of course not. What is does mean is that his race has almost certainly influenced the perception a significant number of people hold of him, which should be viewed as a very, very bad thing regardless of whether or not you actually like the guy.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4546 on: February 18, 2014, 02:19:29 am »
Going back to the original debate, I'd like to point out that, while all politicians are subjected to over-the-top attacks and that none of them should be beyond criticism, it's extraordinarily difficult to believe that some (not all) of the attacks on Obama (the birther movement moving into the mainstream, people whining about his name being foreign-sounding, etc.) aren't racial in nature. Does that mean that every single person who criticizes Obama is racist? Of course not. What is does mean is that his race has almost certainly influenced the perception a significant number of people hold of him, which should be viewed as a very, very bad thing regardless of whether or not you actually like the guy.
*Cough*foxnews*cough*

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4547 on: February 18, 2014, 02:23:17 am »
  MOD MODE:  I'm going to quote a very wise person who once was a great presence in these very forums, but is now lost to us.  "This is [FQA], not Daily Affirmations with Stewart Smalley."  Things can get a bit heated anywhere here.  However, outside of Flame and Burn, ONLY opinions and statements are to be attacked, NOT the people giving them.  Those doing it, you know who you are, so stop it out here.  If you want to have it out, Flame and Burn is only a few clicks away.  Thank you.

PRAISE THE DOCTOR!
Yes, indeed. Ultie, if you'd like to continue our lovely internet slap fight, there's now a thread in F&B for just this purpose.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4548 on: February 18, 2014, 02:24:03 am »
  MOD MODE:  I'm going to quote a very wise person who once was a great presence in these very forums, but is now lost to us.  "This is [FQA], not Daily Affirmations with Stewart Smalley."  Things can get a bit heated anywhere here.  However, outside of Flame and Burn, ONLY opinions and statements are to be attacked, NOT the people giving them.  Those doing it, you know who you are, so stop it out here.  If you want to have it out, Flame and Burn is only a few clicks away.  Thank you.

PRAISE THE DOCTOR!
Yes, indeed. Ultie, if you'd like to continue our lovely internet slap fight, there's now a thread in F&B for just this purpose.
*slaps you*
Indeed.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4549 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:31 am »
ExCUSE ME, you insolent scaly evolutionary throwback! Are YOU Ultie? No? Didn't think so. *slaps you back* Hmph, so there.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4550 on: February 18, 2014, 02:51:29 am »

I've yet to see a legitimate reason for conservatives to hate Obama cited by a conservative. All of their criticisms are either lies - Debt! Taxes! Benghazi! - or bullshit - We suddenly don't like Guantanamo! We hate that you haven't done anything about the recession, like we demanded! Okay, so if they don't have any legitimate reason to hate Obama, and they hate Obama, there must be some other emotionally powerful reason for the hate. I'm not ruling out the probability that many have been conned by propaganda, but I think racism is a bit part of it as well.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4551 on: February 18, 2014, 03:16:42 am »
Eh. It seems most reasonable to assume that both racism and double-think based on party lines are playing a role here. As hard as it to believe that we'd be seeing so many people yapping about Obama's birth certificate and him being a secret Muslim if he were white, it's equally hard to believe that they wouldn't still be shitting themselves over "Obamacare", Gitmo, taxes, etc. to some degree regardless of race. Neither motivation is mutually exclusive.

ETA: Of course, that's an assessment of the overall population. When you get down to the individual, you're going to find a fair number of people whose motivations swing mostly or entirely in one direction or the other.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:22:11 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4553 on: February 19, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »
Warning: Long.
(click to show/hide)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4554 on: February 19, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »
Countdown to UP gon' bukakke all over dat in 3.....2....1....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4555 on: February 19, 2014, 03:07:14 pm »
Okay, I laughed a little at that.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4556 on: February 19, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »
Where did he get a hot air balloon?  I want one.  I'm an atheist and my wife is like 1/16 Cherokee.  That should count.  Where do I get mine?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4557 on: February 19, 2014, 03:26:00 pm »
I think that was supposed to be some kind of satire.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4558 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4559 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:29 pm »

What's amusing are the top comments on this:

Happened to me. Lost my business, lost my pay. I cried my eyes out when I had to ask for assistance. My pride makes me embarrassed every time I go to a store. I'm blessed to have loved ones that help me while I am constantly looking for a job. I even took a job that pays me
Only $250 after taxes, but still can't afford food. I used to judge, but I'm one of those people with a nice phone and nice clothes. Never thought in my life I would be in this situation, especially as a mother. It's heartbreaking. You never know.
Anyone can lose everything with just one job loss.

From someone who has foodstamps let's clear something up real quick. I have a coach purse and wallet (got for Christmas but I know it was bought from the coach outlet which is much cheaper), iPhone 4S that I've had since I worked and since went to straight talk and sold the husbands iphone to make the monthly $45 payment, I have my nails and hair done ( received gift certificates for both including the tips from family for Christmas as well and won't be getting them redone as we can't afford it!) I drive a van with 360,000 miles on it. My kids have nice clothes because we get them from children's thrift stores. While I know that there are people that abuse the system, before you're so quick to judge you might want to get the whole back story. So please go ahead an judge me when I'm buying my food with my food card because of this and it will make YOU look stupid not me!

I feel like it's a promising sign against Liberal Logic 101.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:51:55 pm by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.