Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673077 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4980 on: July 26, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »

How could a Pitbull bite off someone's arm?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4981 on: July 26, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »

With their eeeeeevul undying loyalty to their families and super-duper scientific "locking jaws"./s
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4982 on: July 26, 2014, 03:39:07 pm »

It's not inconceivable.

(not defending the cartoon or making any sort of point re: banning pitbulls)
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4983 on: July 27, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #4984 on: July 27, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »

It's not inconceivable.

(not defending the cartoon or making any sort of point re: banning pitbulls)

People have no idea of what small dogs are capable of if sufficiently provoked, poorly bred (or properly bred but in the wrong environment), and/or poorly handled.

Let's take the Jack Russell Terrier. They are energetic, intelligent, playful, and just generally fun dogs. Once trained, they enthusiastically do as they're told. This breed is a very expressive people-lover. That's the good side.

The bad side? They're terriers! They are bred to kill rodents and other small animals (not bad in working lines, but a real problem in others), and they end up in vet hospitals ALL THE DAMN TIME for attacking larger dogs. Their exercise needs are pretty high, even for an athletic owner, and become very destructive if not exercised. JRTs are well-known as escape artists, are infamously difficult to train, and terrible with small children (because they are highly reactive, rather impatient, and respond right away to a 'threat' or 'prey'- in other words, they are biters and in some cases maulers). These dogs have injured (and killed!) children and pets, even those they've known their whole lives.

Are all JRTs, or indeed are all terriers this way? Is owning one like having a time bomb in your house, or a tiger? No, but if we're talking about one with behavioral issues, this is usually what comes up in that type of dog.

Guess what? Pit bulls are really big terriers, with the added bonus of being really popular with exactly the kind of person who shouldn't own any kind of animal.

(No, I don't believe in banning breeds... But potential pit bull owners had better be prepared for that terrier personality -good and bad!- or it's not going to be pleasant for anyone).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4985 on: July 27, 2014, 04:43:15 pm »
Corgis will nip at your heels trying to herd you. Usually trying to herd you toward the treat jar.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4986 on: July 27, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »
Regarding UP's last cartoon, is this guy trying to denounce slavery? Or support it? Can racists at least be coherent?
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4987 on: July 27, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »
Regarding UP's last cartoon, is this guy trying to denounce slavery? Or support it? Can racists at least be coherent?
Die Zionist scum.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4988 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:28 pm »

I suspect the author is not so much trying to make a point but rather trying to be offensive.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4989 on: July 28, 2014, 06:59:02 am »

I suspect the author is not so much trying to make a point but rather trying to be offensive.

Well, I think the idea is that the Jews brought slaves from Africa to America in order to destroy the white race there and make a pretty penny in the process.  Funny thing is, Louis Farrakhan also blamed Jews for the slave trade.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4990 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:58 am »

Well, I think the idea is that the Jews brought slaves from Africa to America in order to destroy the white race there and make a pretty penny in the process.  Funny thing is, Louis Farrakhan also blamed Jews for the slave trade.

Yeah, I think he is blaming the jews for the slave trade. (and the opportunity to also insult Africans at the same time is one that he cannot pass.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4991 on: July 28, 2014, 11:53:44 am »
I can't take offense at Reddit cartoons. They just make me chuckle too much to be properly outraged.

It continues the proud SomethingAwful tradition of offending people that are easily offended.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4992 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4993 on: July 30, 2014, 08:04:08 pm »
Yeah, there's no Republican war on women, just a systematic takedown of their established rights and a denial of proper healthcare to them.

Totally innocent.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4994 on: July 31, 2014, 07:55:58 am »