Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568622 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #615 on: March 03, 2012, 02:10:40 am »
Well, I think I'm officially obsessed with ponies now. I'm starting up my first fanfic tonight. Going to test the waters with something relatively small, a short Applejack/Rainbow Dash fic. I'll post a link to it once it's done and uploaded somewhere.

Consider me at your disposal for a look-see, as the resident pre-reader around these parts.

Also, I'm an Appledasher, so it's right up my alley.

An extra set of eyes never hurt, so I'd be glad to take you up on that. Might be easier to handle if we talked about it over AIM or something though, so feel free to message me on any of the names I've got listed over there.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #616 on: March 03, 2012, 02:31:45 am »
Well, I think I'm officially obsessed with ponies now. I'm starting up my first fanfic tonight. Going to test the waters with something relatively small, a short Applejack/Rainbow Dash fic. I'll post a link to it once it's done and uploaded somewhere.

Consider me at your disposal for a look-see, as the resident pre-reader around these parts.

Also, I'm an Appledasher, so it's right up my alley.

An extra set of eyes never hurt, so I'd be glad to take you up on that. Might be easier to handle if we talked about it over AIM or something though, so feel free to message me on any of the names I've got listed over there.

I'll add you to my Trillian when I manage to get my plot up... it's 2:30 here, and I think I can feel Luna glaring holes into me across the dimensions, so... bedtime for me.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #617 on: March 03, 2012, 01:31:18 pm »
Well, that episode was rather hilarious. Flutterage is awesome. >D

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #618 on: March 03, 2012, 01:35:19 pm »
I'm not overly fond of this new timeslot, but the episode was great. If you ever wanted a longer look at Discordant Fluttershy, here's this episode.

Also, I think she was beginning to develop her own Royal Canterlot Voice.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:05:05 pm by DarkfireTaimatsu »
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #619 on: March 03, 2012, 01:37:30 pm »
Well, I caught on a stream of a stream, and it was choppy in the beginning, so I'll have to wait for YT for an unbastardized version.  Having said that, I found this quite interesting.  The people who make this show are so awesome. <3

Also:  Minotaurs!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #620 on: March 03, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »
I actually love the new timeslot. I am not a morning pony, and had actually adjusted my sleep schedule to be up in time for the show. Yeah, I record every episode anyway, but I like to watch it live with friends (which is obviously the best way to watch a show about friendship).

So now I can try to get back on a more natural (for me) sleep schedule and enjoy ponies with friends!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #621 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »
Well, I'm glad everybody is enjoying the new timeslot, because it's 11PM here I'm still waiting for the HD link to come up on Equestria Daily  >:(

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
Can someone link me to the new episode? Is it the one where Fluttershy becomes a model or something? I've lost track since having my mom living with me the past two weeks.

Also, my apartment allows for its residents to be able to paint on the walls, I am so thinking about painting a pony mural, though I suck at drawing really. It would be cool though.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #623 on: March 03, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
Can someone link me to the new episode? Is it the one where Fluttershy becomes a model or something? I've lost track since having my mom living with me the past two weeks.

Also, my apartment allows for its residents to be able to paint on the walls, I am so thinking about painting a pony mural, though I suck at drawing really. It would be cool though.

Here you go Rad, low-res:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxnD7ZQkSQ
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #624 on: March 03, 2012, 09:55:28 pm »
The new episode was a hoot...I loved Iron Will and his entourage of goats. lol

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »
So think about Fluttershy's insults to Rarity and Pinkie Pie for a minute.  She insulted their lives' callings.  Everypony dreams of the day they find their calling, earning their cutie mark in the process.  She berated and belittled that.

I mean, what she did was rude, but if you consider just how much a pony's life calling means to them, then she was indeed a monster.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2012, 10:15:00 pm »
So think about Fluttershy's insults to Rarity and Pinkie Pie for a minute.  She insulted their lives' callings.  Everypony dreams of the day they find their calling, earning their cutie mark in the process.  She berated and belittled that.

I mean, what she did was rude, but if you consider just how much a pony's life calling means to them, then she was indeed a monster.

I'm starting to think what Discord did wasn't turn people opposite, but essentially turn their personalities inside out - the deepest part of them that they are quite capable of but subconsiously deny suddenly became their main personality.

Rarity innately has the capacity for great selfishness, Pinkie Pie has the capacity for great party-poopering, Fluttershy has the capacity for great meanness, Applejack probably has the capacity to be deceitful, and hell, the very first thing we saw Twilight Sparkle do was be an antisocial loner.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »

I'm starting to think what Discord did wasn't turn people opposite, but essentially turn their personalities inside out - the deepest part of them that they are quite capable of but subconsiously deny suddenly became their main personality.

Rarity innately has the capacity for great selfishness, Pinkie Pie has the capacity for great party-poopering, Fluttershy has the capacity for great meanness, Applejack probably has the capacity to be deceitful, and hell, the very first thing we saw Twilight Sparkle do was be an antisocial loner.
Also apparently Faust said that Luna turned evil due to external forces
please have discord come back with an epic battle

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2012, 11:29:14 pm »

Also apparently Faust said that Luna turned evil due to external forces
please have discord come back with an epic battle

I'm hoping for Nightmare Trixie, myself.

... it'd make Seth explode.  Twice.

Formerly Priestling

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »
Nightmare Trixie would be awesome...